ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

How much would it take for you to be the guy on the table?

I'm kind of sad that he knows its a work. Last year he told me that when Cena says "you can't see me" he turns invisible to the other wrestler.
Yeah that’s too young to know it’s a work. I think I probably believed it was real until I was 12 or 13. It definitely loses some “magic” after you know.

I started to realize it was a work when The Rock hosted SNL. Him and HHH were in the middle of their buildup to mania 16, and mankind, HHH, and big show made an apperance. Thought it was fishy that they weren't tearing each others heads off when they were in the same room. I was 10 years old.

the sad thing is that every once in a while people still say that to me. "you know it's fake right?".

I still loved at Backlash at Rupp Arena. About halfway through the show two little kids in front of me looked at each other and went "ya know, I don't think they're really hitting each other!"

I have a really good friend that works for the Wall Street Journal. She is from Kentucky, we met at UK, and she is not a snob at all. Not even close. When Trump won the presidency I texted her and said "I cannot believe I witnessed the POTUS take a Stone Cold Stunner!". She just replied "WTF?!". I just said "It is wrestling. I could spend the rest of your life trying to explain it and it will never make sense"

Not sure how many know Jimmy Rave, but this was sad to read. I enjoyed his early ROH days with the Embassy.

I'm a little surprised but NXT won the Wednesday Night Ratings last week.

NXT- 712,000- 26th in the 18-49
AEW- 710,000- 7th in the 18-49
GGG- 775,000- 15th in the 18-49

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Who else thinks Wednesday night we see Kenta from NJPW show up. Kenta has been going after Mox on Twitter about the title not being defended, they keep talking about this being the biggest Dynamite ever, NJPW has new ownership, and I think the timing is right. However with a second lockdown looming it may not be. Anything less then NJPW showing up would be a disappoint me for me.

That's awful news. Pat Patterson may be the most creative mind the business has ever seen.

Hate to hear about Pat Patterson.

Well tonight’s the night, if Omega isn’t winning they better have a heck or an angle or a big debut planned.

Also on AEW tonight
Jericho vs Kazarian
Cody and Darby vs Starks and Hobbs
MJF defends his ring in a battle royal
Britt Baker vs Leyla Hirsch

Only thing NXT has announced is
Raquel Gonzalez vs Shotzi Blackheart-Ladder Match for War Games advantage.

Hate to hear about Pat Patterson.

Well tonight’s the night, if Omega isn’t winning they better have a heck or an angle or a big debut planned.

Also on AEW tonight
Jericho vs Kazarian
Cody and Darby vs Starks and Hobbs
MJF defends his ring in a battle royal
Britt Baker vs Leyla Hirsch

Only thing NXT has announced is
Raquel Gonzalez vs Shotzi Blackheart-Ladder Match for War Games advantage.
I wonder if Vince has decided to write NXT like the other shows. Show up 4 hours before the broadcast throw everything in the trash and write the show his way.

Maybe a not so hot take: hearing Shiavone say "It's Stiiiiinnng" was better than the Sting appearance

The NXT roster tribute to Pat was a nice touch.

Also WWE is bringing in Helwani.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
An Invasion angle with Impact? 🤨

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT