ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Anyone else think Bayley looks like Tessa Blanchard with that new haircut??
Didn’t at first but now that you mention it I can kinda see it. Take the dark hair and makeup away and they wouldn’t look that similar though.

I know some don’t think Tessa is hot but something about her makes her hot to me. I’m probably blinded by her ass, I don’t know.

Reactions: K-mac18
Early reports are Smackdown lost almost a million viewers from last week.

Didn’t think it was that great of a show.

Didn’t at first but now that you mention it I can kinda see it. Take the dark hair and makeup away and they wouldn’t look that similar though.

I know some don’t think Tessa is hot but something about her makes her hot to me. I’m probably blinded by her ass, I don’t know.
Her dad was such a lowlife heel that she's probably crazy, like cooking-your-dog crazy. Not sexy wrestler crazy.

BONK.

Look...I'm not saying you have to take liberties with a chair like Rock used to do, but there must be a happy medium between that and this.

Lance Storm, who is no stranger to swinging a chair as if he were very afraid to hurt somebody, once said that he'd let Hogan hit his infant daughter with a chair.

Hogan has always refused to lay in chair shots. Maybe his most endearing quality as a wrestler tbh.

Lance Storm should have taken his impossibly light chair shot gimmick further in ECW. A play on the Foley headlock "hardcore" matches

SD deserved to lose so many viewers. I watched it and the show was shit. The over produced nonsense is a joke.

I’d be happy with old school podium and 2 announcers where after a match they give an interview, or tie in the booth in a better way.

Also a former wrestler besides Lawler would be cool. Maybe Edge, definitely Stone Cold.

BONK.

Look...I'm not saying you have to take liberties with a chair like Rock used to do, but there must be a happy medium between that and this.

Lance Storm, who is no stranger to swinging a chair as if he were very afraid to hurt somebody, once said that he'd let Hogan hit his infant daughter with a chair.
Lmfao that vid

Lance Storm should have taken his impossibly light chair shot gimmick further in ECW. A play on the Foley headlock "hardcore" matches
Mick Foley's "boring match" gimmick in ECW might be my favorite niche audience heel act ever. He grabs the chair, acts like he's going to swing for the fences, and then...sits in the chair and puts a dude in another headlock.

This got turned on its ear by Chris Hero in Ring of Honor, when he would double and triple down on doing flips for the sake of being obnoxious, also to tremendous heel heat. Like one time he got out of a head scissors by doing 5 kip ups when one would have gotten the job done, and then he celebrated like Owen Hart.

There's probably a place in AEW for somebody to do a gimmick that works the crap out of the smart marks and subverts their way of thought. They have enough of a smart mark demographic in their arenas that it can work. "This is the type of wrestling you want? K." It can't be a guy like MJF who has heel appeal across the board.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I'm finally watching AEW this morning.

I like it. I think they'll be fine and fun.

I'm already interested in SCU and Lucha Brothers.

I saw a little MJF in MLW, I'm ready for a lot.

Cody v Sexual Harassment Panda - Needed a face IMO. If you say Cody is a face, his wife acts like a heel manager. If you say "it's not heels v faces" I'm going to counter that you need the dynamic to generate heat and make me care about someone.

I'd venture a guess that Private Party are what WWE wants Street Profits to be.

Still don't care for Hangnail Page.

I also think Neville is great, but upper mid-card ceiling.

Reactions: krazykats
Heel//Face/Whatever Brandi is terrible. She’s gorgeous but announcing should have been the peak of her wrestling involvement.
Michael Hayes thinks Brandi needs to cool it on trying to get her ish in.

Fun AEW fact: Chris Daniels and Chris Jericho are the same age, or only a year apart. Daniels looks phenomenal to be that close to 50. Jericho is fat.

I rewatched Young Bucks vs. Private Party last night and liked it even more on the second watch, and I figured it out.

That match turned out so good because the Young Bucks worked heel and Private Party were awesome faces. When the Young Bucks work face, I don't like the way they do their matches. They try to fit too much in and go way too fast. But as heels they did a great job of slowing it down, and then Private Party did the rest with GREAT selling. Both dudes got destroyed and it showed.

Young Bucks should never work face again.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *BONK*

As if you needed any more proof of what an utter prick Dynamite Kid was, he taught Davey Boy how to do this corner bump because it was one of his big Stampede spots, knowing that Bulldog had maybe one third of Dynamite's coordination.

"Sure, you can do it. It'll look great!"

I think Bulldog landed on his head 4 out of every 5.

Chris Jericho's chest is so caved in that his kids eat cereal out of it on Sunday mornings.

But as has been said here by many people, what he's doing works so great as a gimmick. I just don't like the new finisher, but everything else is on point so this iteration of Jericho gets a 90/100 for me.

Reactions: KRJ1975

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *BONK*

As if you needed any more proof of what an utter prick Dynamite Kid was, he taught Davey Boy how to do this corner bump because it was one of his big Stampede spots, knowing that Bulldog had maybe one third of Dynamite's coordination.

"Sure, you can do it. It'll look great!"

I think Bulldog landed on his head 4 out of every 5.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Chris Jericho's chest is so caved in that his kids eat cereal out of it on Sunday mornings.

But as has been said here by many people, what he's doing works so great as a gimmick. I just don't like the new finisher, but everything else is on point so this iteration of Jericho gets a 90/100 for me.
Bear hug would be a great (i.e., hilarious) finisher for him.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I still after all this time can't believe they're having canonical shows in Saudi Arabia. WCW got that one right when they went to North Korea and did a big show but it had nothing to do with anything that was going on with the rest of their shows.

Do they even let Pat Patterson in the country to help out with finishes?

Okada says he's down with defending the IWGP title both nights of WK...

IF Naito doesn't die by then, sure looks like that 8 year Odyssey will be completed

Mike Kanelis has asked for a release from WWE. He just signed a new 5 year contract in June.

WWE did such a good job burying him I can't imagine AEW would even want him
I don’t think AEW would take him. They obviously have several WWE guys, but you doing wanna look like the promotion that takes all the garbage from WWE

Okada says he's down with defending the IWGP title both nights of WK...

IF Naito doesn't die by then, sure looks like that 8 year Odyssey will be completed

Naito had a short reign when he first turned heel but this one would be more impactful for sure.

I don’t think AEW would take him. They obviously have several WWE guys, but you doing wanna look like the promotion that takes all the garbage from WWE
I mean...they got Shawn Spears.

I think that means they can't take Mike Bennett at the moment.

Although I will say AEW has done a pretty good job of avoiding the "What's Steve Boston doing in the Impact Zone?" trope. Jack Swagger hadn't been seen in years because he was doing MMA, and Jericho and Moxley are good enough to stand out on their own. Spears so far has been the only one where I've felt that way, and I still do.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
I tried to watch RAW last night, but I couldn't make it past the first hour.

The draft war room spots were terrible. I think they just replayed the same ones from Smackdown.

Having all these other sport and tv personalities pop up was ridiculous.

I don't need Jim Cramer telling me what wrestler's stock is rising and I need to buy stock in. GTFO!

Reactions: krazykats
Not sure how I feel about the NWA product. I mean, I like it, but I think the retro production is a little too on the nose. You can do that studio show in a similar way to old school stuff without making it look like a parody, which it unfortunately does at times.

Aldis's valet tho

The intro was almost game show like. Yeah, a little too much for my liking. Did love the days of Lance Russell and Dave Brown though, Memphas wrasslin. The Saturday morning taped Evansville show with highlights from Memphis was a big staple in the catsfanbgky household.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I may have missed the discussion on here but saw on Twitter that the rumor is Liv Morgan undergoing a major character change and may become the Sister Abigail character and will be with Bray Wyatt.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Don't forget signed a 5 year extension 4 months ago.
I get that his push has been ... garbage? But we've all seen guys work it and overcome garbage pushes with hard work and connecting with the audience (Daniel Bryan, Miz).

I agree that AEW needs to avoid picking up WWE guys, but...

Cesaro.

Either WWE needs to push him or Cody needs to steal him and do it.

Reactions: WeWant9
Because she tweeted out some Florence + The Machine lyrics?

People just like to fantasy book Sister Abigail and will look for anything to back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT