ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

And Charlotte’s tits are still an abomination.

Should’ve take a year off to properly get that shit attended to.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Triple H isn't a saint and it would be unwise to attribute every good thing WWE does to him and none of the bad ones. He's still Clique through and through, and those guys will be shady until they die, even if they do good.

Saw Mike Mooneyham report that Larry "The Axe" Hennig died today. I also think it's awesome that Mike Mooneyham is still doing his thing and reporting on wrestling for the local newspaper.
Mike is a good dude. The Post & Courier is a fish wrap newspaper now... I dropped my subscription years ago.

I'll give the Bucks credit for one thing - they figured out how to make money.

That's the point. They have fun, good off, and make bank. Their fans eat it up.

They're talented enough that they could work differently and have very good "serious" matches that hurt. But it doesn't pay enough extra.

F it - good for them.

Oh - and Cody being better Indy than WWE....

WWE had to be creative and book for everyone. Cody got what he got based on his RELATIVE perceived earning potential in a company that caters to kids and casual fans.

As an Indy, Cody creates for himself. So, he gives himself better stuff, better outcomes.

Psst... SPOILER ALERT - if these same Indies could book Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, and John Cena and sell packed houses at $100 per ticket to kids and families - Cody would get scraps again. It's how the market works. The big fish in the small pond deal.

And we like Cody around here, but he ain't all that. He's a solid 7 in a room full of 5s.
Disagree. I used to not care for Cody. Thought he was nothing more than mid card talent at best and bland. What he’s become in the last two years blows my mind. And it’s not even all about wrestling. He has charisma now. Just last year I thought he was doing the best heel work in wrestling and genuinely disliked him. And now he’s got it totally flipped and has people loving him and talking about how great he is.

He is what he is, sorely misused in WWE. Has nothing to do with the size of fish or their ponds.

Disagree. I used to not care for Cody. Thought he was nothing more than mid card talent at best and bland. What he’s become in the last two years blows my mind. And it’s not even all about wrestling. He has charisma now. Just last year I thought he was doing the best heel work in wrestling and genuinely disliked him. And now he’s got it totally flipped and has people loving him and talking about how great he is.

He is what he is, sorely misused in WWE. Has nothing to do with the size of fish or their ponds.
So you're saying that if you turned back time and put Cody as #1, WWE would have made more money?

[roll][roll]

He's a 7 in a room full of 5s.

Of course not. He’s not a guy that you make the world champ for 2+ years at a time. But he definitely should have been in the role Rollins is right now.

Njpw and especially The Elite is not a room full of 5’s. They’re 7’s at worst and Cody stands out in those 7’s.

NXT who everyone here loves so much is almost solely made up of ROH, NJPW, Impact and other promotion guys. You know, the rooms that are full of 5’s.

If the big fish small pond theory was true then every wwe guy that left for other promotions would do great or even good but that hasn’t happened.

Of course not. He’s not a guy that you make the world champ for 2+ years at a time. But he definitely should have been in the role Rollins is right now.

Njpw and especially The Elite is not a room full of 5’s. They’re 7’s at worst and Cody stands out in those 7’s.

NXT who everyone here loves so much is almost solely made up of ROH, NJPW, Impact and other promotion guys. You know, the rooms that are full of 5’s.

If the big fish small pond theory was true then every wwe guy that left for other promotions would do great or even good but that hasn’t happened.
So, I'm trolling you a bit, but on the Indy scene the Elite, et al are the 7s. WWE is full of 7s.

My original point was that Cody is creating for Cody only. Of course he's going to do better. WWE prioritized guys they thought were better or had more upside.

Just because Charles Matthews was better off with a bigger role at Michigan doesn't mean that Kentucky would have been better off had he been given a bigger role while he was in Lexington. He's a 7 on a team full of 5s.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
So, I'm trolling you a bit, but on the Indy scene the Elite, et al are the 7s. WWE is full of 7s.

My original point was that Cody is creating for Cody only. Of course he's going to do better. WWE prioritized guys they thought were better or had more upside.

Just because Charles Matthews was better off with a bigger role at Michigan doesn't mean that Kentucky would have been better off had he been given a bigger role while he was in Lexington. He's a 7 on a team full of 5s.
Lol kinda thought so. I can agree with that.

I don’t want to bring down this thread with our b-ball team but if UM is full of 5’s then what does that make our guys? You don’t even have to answer that one.

ya'll still watching rasslin.

Let me know when the Rock comes back to do some cameos or when it's no longer PG13.

ya'll still watching rasslin.

Let me know when the Rock comes back to do some cameos or when it's no longer PG13.
I saw a report that he may be coming back for the Royal Rumble.
Yea I read that earlier. It’s clear at this point that they are starting their own promotion. Multiple members of the Elite have stated they’re letting their current deals run out and that they’ve turned down wwe.

I’m kinda torn. I’d absolutely love to see The Elite in wwe as they currently are. I feel like they would make it the company we all love again. Especially if people like Ricochet, UndEra, Dream, and so on were to go to the main roster. They could literally have main event talent doing the entire shows on both raw and Smackdown.

But on the other hand I know that’s a dream and would never happen. So I guess I’m happy with what they’re starting. Hope they take down wwe or atleast seriously compete. Report last week was two main roster wwe guys have already committed to AEW as soon as their wwe deals expire. Chad Gable is rumored to be one of those. You’d have to think quite a few of the guys that are close with the Bucks will jump ship also.

A very 2000 WCW promo to start RAW.

Vince blaming himself using Corbin was interesting.

Not gonna matter if things don't change

Beer Money > Roode//Gable

Still can’t believe Roode hasn’t been used in a heel role on the main roster yet...

Other then Shitty Suckass Switchblade Jay White and old ass Tanahashi in the main event, this is a solid card

• PRE-SHOW: NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship #1 Contender’s Gauntlet Match
  • Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay – NEVER Openweight Championship
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
  • Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. – RPW British Heavyweight Championship
  • Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) – IWGP Tag Team Championship
  • Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Juice Robinson – IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship
  • KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori – IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
  • “Switchblade” Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
  • Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito – IWGP Intercontinental Championship
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (c) – IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Other then Shitty Suckass Switchblade Jay White and old ass Tanahashi in the main event, this is a solid card

• PRE-SHOW: NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship #1 Contender’s Gauntlet Match
  • Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay – NEVER Openweight Championship
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
  • Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. – RPW British Heavyweight Championship
  • Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) – IWGP Tag Team Championship
  • Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Juice Robinson – IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship
  • KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori – IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
  • “Switchblade” Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
  • Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito – IWGP Intercontinental Championship
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (c) – IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Really wish it was Naito/Omega...

ROH Final Battle is Friday...card feels a little underwhelming considering the Elite prob gonna put everyone over on their way out...

— Jay Lethal vs. Cody for the ROH world championship

— SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs. The Briscoes vs.The Young Bucks in a ROH tag team championship ladder war

— Jeff Cobb vs. Adam "Hangman" Page for the ROH television championship

— Sumie Sakai vs. Madison Rayne vs. Karen Q vs. Kelly Klein in a Four Corner Survival Match for the Women of Honor championship

— Dalton Castle vs. Matt Taven

— Flip Gordon vs. Bully Ray in an "I Quit" match

— Jonathan Gresham vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

— Christopher Daniels vs. Marty Scurll

seems half the roster was drunk and drinking went out of style since 2012. Now I know people want me to drink again, but I'm to good for that childish stuff now.

Blaming Corbin? Rolllins to me came off looking bad.

Was that opening segment Kayfabe? Literally calling themselves out and saying... yup, we know our show has been absolute garbage.

Feels like they were trying to reboot the show, but not sure why you point out that you've had the lowest ratings ever, when 90% of your viewing audience doesn't check the Nielsen ratings.

Was that opening segment Kayfabe? Literally calling themselves out and saying... yup, we know our show has been absolute garbage.

Blaming it on the GM is awful. Vince and these writers coming up with the shows just mins before they air is trash.

Hopefully this makes people like poor Corbin

I feel like they need more stip matches or championship matches on Raw to keep people coming back. Really there's no reason to watch Raw. You don't miss anything if you just watch the PPVs

And they telegraph everything. Everyone knows Strowman is coming back.

Just annoying that tomorrow is going to be another great show, with storylines that progress/make sense.

I was at first joking around but really it would be kinda cool to have Nash as GM. IMO he could make a good one.

I know it all starts and ends with Crazy Grandpa Vince but you would think whoever makes the E and C show and some of the other
things on the WWE Network so entertaining could help out with Raw.

Maybe they do and Vince just overrules everything. He isn't as involved with Raw and guess what SD is a much better show.

Well SD will most likely once again be boring. No Storylines no big Orton push and Bryan a middle school sized guy Champ. Also fast forward the Becky stuff.

I know it's 2018 so you can't say anything negative about anything without offending someone. But Charlotte looks awful right now.

She's probably 25 pounds heavier then NXT. and not in a good way.

ADVERTISEMENT