ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Sounds like HGH/OverthehillTaker ruined the show - don’t they get it already?

Alexander/Murphy or AJ/Joe shouldn’t have been shoved so far down the card for that garbage.

Glad to see Buddy Murphy Win, he deserves it.
Not only does Joe not win after doing all that stuff to AJ’s family, but he taps out too.

Guessing we will be Kane/Taker vs. HHH/HBK at Survivor Series...

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
So Jericho returned to New Japan and attached EVIL so I guess that’s who he will be feuding with next.

Sorry I just can’t see Cody and YB coming unless they get some sort of control or get some crazy offer...other than AJ look at guys that jumped and where they are now...
Austin Aries
Gallows/Anderson
Balor
Nakamura
Samoa Joe

Yup they are all not with the company making more money than they probably ever had. Crazy

For every one of your scenarios there’s guys like Kenny Omega who won’t take the money...also I bet the guys I listed thought they’d be better utilized...it’s not as cut and dry as you make it out to be...Aries and Neville flat out walked out and are happier in the indies.

Good for them. Some of these guys have families they want to support and be closer to. There’s going to be guys on both ends of the spectrum no matter what that’s never going to change.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Lashley/Owens double turn...?

Also WWE doing a “best in the world” battle royal in Chicago...well of course.

For every one of your scenarios there’s guys like Kenny Omega who won’t take the money...also I bet the guys I listed thought they’d be better utilized...it’s not as cut and dry as you make it out to be...Aries and Neville flat out walked out and are happier in the indies.
Aries is a notorious self-absorbed prick. He wouldn't be happy if he found $9,900 in cash because it wasn't $10,000. He is touching Zelina Vega and he probably bitches that she's too horny.

Neville has been back for what, two weeks? Yeah - he's thrilled shitless.

And if Omega is concerned about anything other than money, he's a stupid, self-absorbed mark. As the podcasts have taught me - the only things that matter in wrestling are the money and the miles.

Old school booking on this main event with Braun getting sick of these dipshits.

Simple easy good ol wrasslin booking.

WCW, mid-1998: Why watch Stone Cold Steve Austin as WWF Champion when you could watch Brutus Beefcake dress up like Dog The Bounty Hunter and ruin everything?

Reactions: Wesley91581
WCW, mid-1998: Why watch Stone Cold Steve Austin as WWF Champion when you could watch Brutus Beefcake dress up like Dog The Bounty Hunter and ruin everything?
You remember his finisher when he was the Disciple?

The Stunner Apocalypse.

How many people in WCW used the Stunner? Brutus, Disco...

Nothing says flip it to Raw like Disco Inferno using their world champion's finisher.

Nothing says flip it to Raw like Disco Inferno using their world champion's finisher.
Konnan had the pedigree, except he couldn't even do that right so it looked like he just MEGAteabagged the guy

konnan-lazy-pedigree.gif

In hindsight, having Konnan be the representative mock Triple H lines up very well with my assessment of both guys' work.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Konnan had the pedigree, except he couldn't even do that right so it looked like he just MEGAteabagged the guy

konnan-lazy-pedigree.gif

In hindsight, having Konnan be the representative mock Triple H lines up very well with my assessment of both guys' work.

I forgot about this...so awesome and absurd!
Remember HHH was doing hog pen matches with Henry O Goodwin/Tex Slazenger before he met The Kliq and Steph,

Anybody still think they go through with this Crown Jewel thing given the recent happenings in Saudi Arabia?

It's really disturbing. Let's empower women, unless they want to drive or have a job, then lets shut them down or pretend to empower them! Like I said last time they did a show in Saudi Arabia. Let's hope they don't throw Finn Balor off the roof. It's all good to pretend that the USA is "behind the times" until you do a show in a country that makes women walk around in beekeeper suits (stole that from Bill Maher).

BKH - may have missed the discussion but did you see the Jake The Snake documentary on Amazon? Pretty amazing stuff.
I haven't seen the documentary yet but I did see DDP on Joe Rogan's show where he talked about it, so I feel like I've seen the whole movie.

Saw this on r/SquaredCircle - taken from the Observer:

Let’s just say that the next few months are going to be very interesting. Some early contract offers made have raised some concern to go along with the issues mentioned in last week’s issue. While there is a lot of pride here for the quality of the matches stemming from the Kobe and Long Beach shows during what is usually the post-G-1 down period, and the great reaction to G-1 and its business success, but the new regime (Harold Meij and new General Manager Michael Craven) is very different and not experienced in dealing with wrestlers. There may be economics that we’re not aware of, but there was a lot about the U.S. expansion with enthusiasm, between the new dojo and running a regular California and West Coast second circuit (which I don’t think would have been a good idea) and the pull back from there, and other changes. But it feels like a lot has changed in the last 30 days. Craven, who is believed to be the head of talent relations as well as international expansion, may be the most unpopular guy among the wrestlers with the new regime. Craven I believe was the Tech Business Director at Hays Japan, managing technology recruitment for a company and had worked in IT recruitment for 20 years. He has lived in Japan since 1998, coming from the U.K. and has been involved in developing many of the top senior level technology executives in Asia. The initial reaction was that the feeling was that he talks down to the wrestlers and made strange comments and they know he has no background in wrestling, which is a very unique industry. Morale with the company was very high as you could tell by any interviews with the talent, particularly during G-1 where the level of work had led to high pride across the board with the feeling they were doing the best matches in the world and producing the best overall product. Now the morale is more weird than anything, with more uncertainty about what will happen next and less confidence than with the old administration. Another person noted that the new team has gotten off to a rough start and that all the wrestlers, both Japanese and American, are talking about how they feel like they are seen as workers in a factory assembly line as opposed to high level athletes or entertainers. The excitement so many had for working here has taken a hit. It’s really a bad time for that with the goal of international expansion and that fun vs. WWE money was a key to a lot of people, but if you lower the fun aspect, that changes the equation, and basically we’re coming in on the single most interesting and important contract season since New Japan started garnering some international growth. There are people who in the past had never even considered WWE who are thinking about it, and others who were completely committed to staying who are probably still leaning that way, but are considering the WWE option.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT