ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Come on.

The winner is In Your House (you know the rest)

is that the one where Sid powerbombed a dude on his head and basically killed him (if it weren't fake)?

Or the one where Vince gave a family a house and then when they hung up the phone told em wrestling is fake haha and no one wins anything for free and they suck at life?

Canadian Stampede...
Fully Loaded...
No Holds Barred... :The Match/The Movie
Buried Alive...
Final Four...
Good Friends, Better Enemies...
Invasion...
One Night Stand...
Extreme Rules...
The Bash...
Fatal 4-Way...

Last edited:
Calgary Stampede...
Fully Loaded...
No Holds Barred... :The Match/The Movie
Buried Alive...
Final Four...
Good Friends, Better Enemies...
Invasion...
One Night Stand...
Extreme Rules...
The Bash...
Fatal 4-Way...
International Incident...

OK, now that Stroud ruined it by naming about all of the PPV’s, how about doing the same thing with stipulation matches. For instance, Fatal Fourway “ ________.”

Do your work, gang.

OK, now that Stroud ruined it by naming about all of the PPV’s, how about doing the same thing with stipulation matches. For instance, Fatal Fourway “ ________.”

Do your work, gang.
I'm only gonna do one.

Falls Count Anywhere _____

/topic

tumblr_inline_ni022xBzyg1r5344l.gif

Reactions: Col. Angus

Do your work, gang.
Like MJ, I didn't ruin it by dominating, just raised everyone else's game [smoke]

I've got three stipulation ones:

Iron Man ____
Strap ____

Taped Fist ____

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
For all you Sid-a-holics out there, there's a new Hannibal interview with him on Youtube. He's just as lucid as you think
Sid is one of those guys who doesn't lie in shoot interviews for the purposes of embellishment, but rather because he's crazy and his memory contains mostly wrong things.

Like that power bomb he did on Pillman...he says he did it on purpose because Pillman was trying to act all tough and stuff. You can see the feet hit the cage. He couldn't have made it look like that on purpose.

I’d love to see Cole and HBK but most of all HBK vs a mystery opponent at WM and in walks Kenny freaking Omega.

War Games_____
Survivor Series_____

Wrestlemania was the coolest live event I’ve been too!

I’ve been to a few UK tourney games, 07 UL and LSU, a few awesome concerts, but WM was awesome.

But that said, I’d not be a fan of something so big in the ass!

-- While he adds that this isn't a guarantee, he notes that the Super Show-Down's "objective" is to expand the company's brand internationally and Roman Reigns is a significant part of that strategy and has been for the last four years. The suggestion is that WWE will want to put an exclamation point on this by having Reigns score the pinfall victory for his team (likely over Dolph Ziggler) to send the fans home happy and if he does, it will further support the notion that Vince McMahon is still firmly behind Reigns as the face of the company.

Not surprising, but getting extremely irritating and I believe a contributing factor to declining numbers. Look, Vince gave us the WWE. We can't deny what that man has done for pro wrestling in the world. But he's lost his mind. You have a stable of the most talented, most athletic wrestlers you've ever had and you waste it on this guy. So much superb talent being buried for this mid carder. It really makes me want Triple H to keep NXT under its own banner and not "promote" any more wrestlers. As long as Vince is around, all talent will be buried under Reigns. I mean... AJ Styles is mid card of the PPVs because of this joke.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Was there really a demand for a podcast about Carlito? Are Bruce and Conrad really that low on topics?
No and yes. I haven't listened in quite a while. 3 hours on Breakdown 2007 or whatever is idiotic, to say the least.

There's still a lot of PPVs from Hogan/New Gen/Attitude Era so I assume they are just trying to drag it out and keep Bruce semi-gainfully employed for as long as possible

Carlito sucked. I never got it with him. Got pushed to the moon, went over my boy Shelton Benjamin for the IC title when Shelton NEEDED that belt.

Reactions: GhostVol
The Bob Holly one ended up being pretty good, so you never know.
Bob Holly surprises in lots of ways. His book is WAY better than it has any right to be. Lots of wrestlers' books are written as if Vince or Triple H were standing right behind them while they were writing (*cough JERICHO cough*), but Bob lost his last eff to give a LONG time ago.

Bob Holly surprises in lots of ways. His book is WAY better than it has any right to be. Lots of wrestlers' books are written as if Vince or Triple H were standing right behind them while they were writing (*cough JERICHO cough*), but Bob lost his last eff to give a LONG time ago.

Worth the purchase then I assume?

Mick Foley's first book wins (suck it Transy)
Bret's book places
Bob Holly's book shows, beating Jericho's first book by a nose.

The main crux of the book is that Bob hates everybody, but I liked it. It's real!

May get ol Cactus Jack’s and Spark Plug’s books then.

Foley's book has one of the funniest rib stories ever where Cactus and Steve Austin put one over on DDP when they rode together in WCW.

That and the story about how Dude Love and Owen Hart tried to have the worst match of all time to make Stone Cold laugh from ringside make the Foley book worth it.

I thought Jerichos first book was good, his 2nd was not so much.

Foley's "Hardcore Diaries" was terrible
Foley's books have alarming diminishing returns. "Have a Nice Day" is the best wrestling book ever. "Foley is Good" is very good. The rest get into midlife crisis Foley, and the less said about them, the better.

The best part about Jericho's second book was learning that when Hulk Hogan hulks up, he's saying "HULK UP HULK UP HULK UP" under his breath.

Oh look... we're an hour and a half into the PPV and Styles/Joe (arguably the two best wrestlers in the WWE) are already fighting..

I wonder if Renee Young will be able to do commentary the next time they are in Saudi Arabia. My guess is no.

ADVERTISEMENT