ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Can anyone think of a better feud/rivalry in the PG era of WWE then Gargano/Ciampa? I sure as hell cant.

Did they go PG before or after Jericho/Michaels? For my money that's the best feud since the end of the Attitude Era.

Did they go PG before or after Jericho/Michaels? For my money that's the best feud since the end of the Attitude Era.

I think the whole PG era started in earnest the next year in 2009. Agree that was a great feud as was Jericho and Mysterio through 2009.

Royal Rumble 1993, Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty for the IC belt, maybe my favorite Bobby Heenan line of all time.

What I would do now if I were Shawn is take him to the outside and piledriver him on the steps. That way you can crack his head open and break both shoulders at the same time. Good amateur move.

Bobby casually advocating for extreme violence pops me. Waffle him with a tire iron and what not.
Bobby Heenan is possibly my all time favorite figure in the history of wrestling.

A question and a follow-up: What is the greatest wrestling promo ever and why is it Vince McMahon saying "life sucks and then you die"?

[laughing]

WHAT ABOUT THE MONEHHHHHHHH!

What a great life lesson though. And there was no payoff! Vince just did this promo and they went to a commercial! No interruptions or anything.

Lars Sullivan knocked out Black. They're going to feud again when they both come back. I think Sullivan is almost done with his broken jaw and from what I've heard the surgery was minor for Black.

WWE 2k19 introducing a "Showcase" mode with DB. You get to play DB's top matches in his WWE career. Seems to me two things are possible:
1) DB has already signed a nice multi year deal and is staying
2) WWE is working OT to get him to resign.

Gotta love the "You go girl! You're perfect just the way you are and are a true role model for every girl out there!!" praise given to a woman who recently bolted on some double Ds purely to advance in her career. Yes, what a true inspiration.

I mean regardless it was a dumb comment he made and once people got wind of it he backtracked like crazy....sometimes things are better left unsaid since they can easily be taken out of context.

I mean regardless it was a dumb comment he made and once people got wind of it he backtracked like crazy....sometimes things are better left unsaid since they can easily be taken out of context.
No doubt that he should have known he would get crucified on Twitter and just not said it. But, it still needs to be said that Peyton Royce and Charlotte F'n Flair talking about realistic beauty standards for young girls is about like Randy Orton going off about being bullied on Twitter.

super-calo-vs-konnan.gif

Konnan has all the coordination of a person trying to run backwards while juggling and holding in a big poop at the same time.

Those midcard guys benefited from being in the nWo. The worst nWo members are Bret, Sting and Luger because it hindered their career trajectories.

Disagree on Luger...he had many opportunities in his career...Lex Express!
In the first half of 1997, they strapped the rocket to Lex Luger with a great, simple push: Every week on Nitro, he would have a match and put a guy in the Torture Rack for the win. And the caliber of guys increased as time went on, culminating in a World Title win over Hogan in the summer that was amazing. He was more over than Sting. He was the most over face they had until DDP stole that title through sheer willpower. But he was still over until he joined the Wolfpac, and then he was just a guy.

In the first half of 1997, they strapped the rocket to Lex Luger with a great, simple push: Every week on Nitro, he would have a match and put a guy in the Torture Rack for the win. And the caliber of guys increased as time went on, culminating in a World Title win over Hogan in the summer that was amazing. He was more over than Sting. He was the most over face they had until DDP stole that title through sheer willpower. But he was still over until he joined the Wolfpac, and then he was just a guy.

He was also handpicked to succeed Flair and beat Windham for his first WCW title...

Also WWF tried to give him the rocket ship push with the Yokozuna slam Lex Express...

Luger always got in the way of Luger when it came to maintaining a push...

Great Highway to Hell buildup segment. The best is Brisco stepping in front of Vince at 9:07 to block Austin's middle finger [laughing]. The Stooges were great.

Random Attitude Era greatness:

Couple things here...

1. This is a classic Bill Watts Mid-South angle with a modern twist. In Mid-South, Eddie Gilbert and the Russians beat up Watts and busted him open while the Blade Runners guarded the ring like Boss Man and Bull Buchanan did. This angle will ALWAYS work.

2. Triple H is amazing in this clip and basically all of 2000. When Triple H is great, he's trying to be Harley Race. When Triple H is bad, he's either trying to be Flair or he's a face.

3. Rock must have taken some extra aspirin because he was never a great bleeder, but that's as much blood as I've seen anybody lose on an episode of Raw. And Rock still had poor bleeding etiquette - he never turned onto his side and let that blood run down his face for the proper visual until the very end. Learn crimson mask, Dwayne.

4. How over were the APA during this run? The pop when they came out to clean house was nuts and the selling by Triple H, Shane and Vince all climbing out of the cage to avoid getting anywhere near the APA helped a lot. And I don't think the APA ever got a run with the belts as faces because as popular as they were, they were still a tier below the TLC guys. That's a stacked tag team division.

100% of the time when someone cuts themselves the announcers say they’ve been “busted open”. Every time. I’ve never heard another term for someone bleeding after fake being smashed in the head.

Really looking forward to Takeover tonight! I will say

Ciampa retains
As does Adam Cole
Bayzler over Saine
Dream over EC3
Moustache Mountain over Undisputed Era

Seems like there is always someone new in the crowd, wonder who it will be this time.

100% of the time when someone cuts themselves the announcers say they’ve been “busted open”. Every time. I’ve never heard another term for someone bleeding after fake being smashed in the head.
BAH GAWD HE'S GIGGED HIMSELF.

If an announcer says this, does Vince storm out from the back and drag him out by his ears?

Reactions: Col. Angus
BAH GAWD HE'S GIGGED HIMSELF.

If an announcer says this, does Vince storm out from the back and drag him out by his ears?

Probably. But it would’ve been awesome.

“Uh, JR, the blade went a little deep on ol Rock tonight. And Helen Hart is so old if she cut herself dust would pour out.”

ADVERTISEMENT