ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I think most of you know I have been the biggest Punk fan going back to watching him in IWA Mid-South, can't really justify being a fan now.
Isn't he supposed to be at the All In show in some capacity??

Well here is your new main event for Takeover Brooklyn IV

According to the Pwinsider guys there were talks of doing a cage match but that was shot down for whatever reason.

Also ROH/NJPW has officially sold out MSG, pretty incredible.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I’m a fan of Punk too, and he was always that whiny little bitch type but good enough to overcome it.

Still for the run he had and what he complains about going through which, is the nature of the business, and that makes him is a little snake bastard to me.

It’s part of why WWE has a fascination for bigger bodies muscle heads so that the physical aspect of putting on a show so often doesn’t break their characters.

And with all that said the product would be better if he came back, sadly!

I'm a mark for everything Stone Cold does, but especially during the Bret Hart feud, and especially when he calls somebody a piece of trash.

Bret Hart, ever since you came back, YOU AIN'T DONE NOTHING BUT CRY.

!!!

Transy I hope you're getting to watch Kentucky vs. Mega Bemax because I have a related question that belongs in this thread.

WHAT BAR is Mega Bemax?

Best things about this:

1) "That's the damndest bottom line that I ever bottom lined"

2) Ahmed promo

3) Ahmed's outfit. Especially the cowboy boots

3) Trying to push main even Ahmed Johnson in late 1997

4) Corny and JR on commentary

5) Austin adding a "wham!" to ever replay of the stunner

Royal Rumble 1993, Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty for the IC belt, maybe my favorite Bobby Heenan line of all time.

What I would do now if I were Shawn is take him to the outside and piledriver him on the steps. That way you can crack his head open and break both shoulders at the same time. Good amateur move.

Bobby casually advocating for extreme violence pops me. Waffle him with a tire iron and what not.

Reactions: jrpross
Neidhart died, you guys. Every interview I've seen with him for the past 5 or so years has just been him tweaked out of his mind, unfortunately.

Of the 5 Hart Foundation members, Bret's the only one left. And he's had a stroke, post-concussion syndrome, and cancer.

The_New_Hart_Foundation_02_crop_650x440.jpg

Sad pic. But my memory of the Hart Foundation is the summer of 1997, which was the high water mark for pro wrestling and will never be approached again as far as the quality of the TV shows.

Bulldog's fanny pack tho. Bulldog's entire look, really. Mr. Hitman...

Reactions: K-mac18
-- One idea that has been discussed (but not confirmed) has been for Reigns to win the match clean, only for Lesnar to "snap" and viciously beat down Reigns as he is celebrating. This would continue until Seth Rollins and a returning Dean Ambrose run down for the save and together, the three would triple powerbomb Lesnar to send him packing. The show would then end with the Shield all together celebrating Reigns' win, which more likely than not, would send the fans home happy.

-- One idea that has been discussed (but not confirmed) has been for Reigns to win the match clean, only for Lesnar to "snap" and viciously beat down Reigns as he is celebrating. This would continue until Seth Rollins and a returning Dean Ambrose run down for the save and together, the three would triple powerbomb Lesnar to send him packing. The show would then end with the Shield all together celebrating Reigns' win, which more likely than not, would send the fans home happy.
This would do a lot of long-term good. The Shield never should have been broken up in the first place, and we're coming up on six years since they formed. Those three guys should have been like the cast of Friends - nobody gets it unless we all get it.

However...picture being the agent for that match and explaining to Brock Lesnar that he is going to lose clean, and then get laid out in the post-match.

Then picture the agent for that match being Michael PS Hayes.

Off subject but Tanahashi won the 2018 G-1 final over Ibushi.
On a tangentially related topic...

Last I read Takahashi is expected to be out for 9 months to a year.

Tangent 2....

Has their been a better partnership than NJPW/ROH? No way ROH does what it does without NJPW (selling out MSG).

But - how much of an assist does Wrestlemania deserve? Could they sell out MSG if WWE was in LA with a mega show?

On a tangentially related topic...

Last I read Takahashi is expected to be out for 9 months to a year.

Tangent 2....

Has their been a better partnership than NJPW/ROH? No way ROH does what it does without NJPW (selling out MSG).

But - how much of an assist does Wrestlemania deserve? Could they sell out MSG if WWE was in LA with a mega show?

Omega wasn’t in the match so it’ll probably just get 5 stars.

Agree - ROH/NJPW partnership has been great and ROH has benefited greatly from it.

I don’t remember very much but the WCW/NJPW partnership from the early 90s was pretty good as well.

This would do a lot of long-term good. The Shield never should have been broken up in the first place, and we're coming up on six years since they formed. Those three guys should have been like the cast of Friends - nobody gets it unless we all get it.

However...picture being the agent for that match and explaining to Brock Lesnar that he is going to lose clean, and then get laid out in the post-match.

Then picture the agent for that match being Michael PS Hayes.
I see Brock being 100% onboard with this play. This gives him a clean out to focus 100% on UFC, perfect ending for the heel he's been playing, and he's still getting paid. Let's not forget it was Lesnar's idea to be beat in 27 seconds to Goldberg.

Reactions: GhostVol
So anyone else think Ambrose looks like a smaller HHH now...he has either been hitting the weights hard....or something else.

He def hit the roids, and looks a lot more stiff in motion(pervs). Not sure it will be better for him.

If all this Orton stuff is true hopefully he gets future endeavored...he’s basically a mid card act nowadays with AJ/Samoa Joe in the top part of the roster.

He has been in mid card he’ll for 3/4 years now and stale.

Should have done something in the tag division or just stayed away awhile. That’s why people become part timers because creative can’t handle long term planning with a character after taking them to the top and dropping them off a cliff.

I loved Michael Tarver, I loved his wacky finisher, I thought he stood out more than any of those NXT guys besides Daniel Bryan and I can't believe he was the first one they let go. He should have been something.

I'm calling a Charlotte Flair heel turn this Sunday so they can set up a Flair-Rousey main event at Evolution.

I hope to God they don't waste Flair and Rousey at Evolution. Evolution will be treated no differently then the Greatest Royal Rumble ever and we all know how that went. If Flair and Rousey isn't at WM and it's their first in ring meeting, it's completely missed.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT