ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

At this point either put the belt on Roman or just let Brock keep it forever. The Universal title is a joke championship anyway.

No kidding. It’s not even the most prestigious title when it should be. I mean would you rather be champion of the WORLD, or champion of the UNIVERSE?

Holy shit... the universe is vast. To be champion of that thing says a lot.

Anyway... there should just be a mens’ world champ, intercontinental champ, and tag champs. That’s it. No more.

sydney-bromley-engywook.jpg

The great thing about being a heel is that you can be as ugly as you want, and I think Tomato gets this, because he is not a good looking dude, so he knows how he's going to make money.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Hulk Hogan played a game of telephone about the Montreal Screwjob with 50 brain damaged wrestlers over a period of 20 years.

That’s the end product.

I think I put "Bret couldn't kick out of a pin" only below "I was almost the bassist for Metallica" in the list of things Hulk Hogan says very confidentially, but literally everyone knows he is lying about/totally uninformed on.

Last edited:
Sorry for the interruption. I don't like wrastlin' but I do respect the longevity of this thread...which is why I normally consider it a "shenanigans free zone".

Nevertheless, I felt it necessary to disrupt the flow a bit by providing this very important PSA...

tenor.gif

Carry on, jackals.

That was Kronus, or as Tony Schiavone calls him, "Darryl."

Saturn was thought to be dead and went completely off the grid for about 10 years but he's alive.

Man The Eliminators were a fun tag team to watch in ECW - their finisher was awesome!

Saturn is on the first season of Legends of Extreme, he actually gives some really good insight on with ECW.

It's fitting to make Reigns the face of the WWE main roster. Both are extremely boring and one dimensional. I don't hate the man, cause I don't know him. But I hate the character and his wrestling.

Spoiler Alert Aleister Black is out of Takeover Brooklyn due to having to have surgery on an injured groin.
Looks like they did an angle last night to explain it all.

Wonder if they add someone to the main event or do we get Ciampa-Gargano 3

He reportedly has testicular torsion. What exactly did they do to him in the parking lot?

He reportedly has testicular torsion. What exactly did they do to him in the parking lot?
Wow, that's actually a thing and not just an answer in Cards Against Humanity.

Now I'm picturing the Horsemen attacking Dusty Rhodes in the parking lot, Dusty saying "MAKE IT GOOD!" and then instead of hitting him with a baseball bat, they tie his balls in a knot.

You can't put Johnny in the Takeover match. You just can't. Clearly NXT has a different writing crew than the main roster, but if they shotgun Johnny Gargano into a title match this soon after their killer match at the last Takeover, I'll think that the main roster writing staff infiltrated the NXT team. The rubber match between Johnny and Tomato needs to be held off until at least the pre-Rumble Takeover, and preferably the pre-WM Takeover. That thing deserves to simmer with the work that has put into it.

Ricochet. There's your answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Stroud
Gargano was already in the match. It was a triple threat. They've kind of put themselves in a corner now.

LOL, I only watch Takeovers. The cat's out of the bag.

Triple threat I understand and am fine with because you can still limit contact between Tomato and Johnny with a third guy in there. But they have to find a way to keep it a triple threat.

EC3 is already wrestling Velveteen Dream

So Ring of Honor has already sold 9,000 tickets for the show at Madison Square Garden Wrestlemania Weekend just on presales. Thinking is they
will sell out the place, which is pretty cool.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Didn't Punk get mad that Colt still had WWE friends during the suit? I believe I read that they were no longer besties. So, it doesn't shock me that Punk would leave Colt on the hook for a legal bill he can't afford and wasn't prepared for. We've all heard that Phil Brooks is an ass, this is confirmation.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Didn't Punk get mad that Colt still had WWE friends during the suit? I believe I read that they were no longer besties. So, it doesn't shock me that Punk would leave Colt on the hook for a legal bill he can't afford and wasn't prepared for. We've all heard that Phil Brooks is an ass, this is confirmation.

Yup it absolutely is...

Can’t see it. Talk about humbling, my goodness!

Playing devils advocate I don’t see how running up a 500K plus attorney bill for someone else to pay is an honorable thing to do either. I’m pretty sure I like that Punk said he’d pay half and to just F off

The ring has a knack of dragging absolutely anybody back to it, except for the two guys who stuck to their retirements when I wish they hadn't, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels.

ADVERTISEMENT