ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Wasn't Hogan campaigning like crazy for WCW to hire Yokozuna in the mid-90s even though Yokes was well past the point of being able to even get in the ring?

Gotta get that win back, brother.

I don't remember Hogan ever even wrestling Goldberg after the Georgia Dome, much less beating him.

Hogan, both IRL and in kayfabe, was a massive dick to Savage for their entire careers. Nobody has ever been more right during a storyline than Savage every time he faced Hogan.

Yoko was banned from wrestling by the time Hogan wanted him back because none of the state athletic commissions would clear him physically.

Would Hogan do a free (LOL, discounted) spot on Lucha Underground if he could get his Vampiro win back?
I would be embarrassed to ever lose to Vampiro, so I can't imagine how Hulk Hogan agreed to do the job without getting the win back. Another guy who has never gotten the credit he deserves for being terrible.

Vampiro did produce my favorite Tony Schiavone call of all time, when he was fighting Sting in the cemetery and broke a tombstone over Sting's head, sending him into a freshly dug grave - a symbolic spot that was supposed to represent Vampiro killing Sting - this made Tony say this:

"LORDY!"

"Sting is covered in...RED!"

Much like Konnan, Vampiro was absolutely massive in Mexico. He was in telenovelas and airthang. Mexicans sure do love terrible wrestlers who aren't from Mexico

"Sting is covered in...RED!"

Much like Konnan, Vampiro was absolutely massive in Mexico. He was in telenovelas and airthang. Mexicans sure do love terrible wrestlers who aren't from Mexico
The Turner network censors forbade any references to blood on commentary.[laughing]

So when the New Blood had a bunch of blood fall from the ceiling onto Kevin Nash and DDP the commentators had to be like "They're covered in the red liquid!"

Jericho HATES Vampiro, per his first book. Jericho likes basically everybody, so that doesn't bode well for old Vamp.

We joke about Impact a lot, but man...those guys could have made it. They were just so good at finding rakes and stepping on them that they couldn't handle prosperity.

Remember this?

You would have thought they were taking over the business after this match. Still either the best or second best 3-way match of all time.

Reactions: K-mac18
Now would be a good time for Enzo to tweet how he was the guy that carried their tag team and all Cass had was the SAWFT catch phrase.

Tony Schivone always sounded like the biggest mark “oh my gosh that’s curt hennig...the hottest free agent in professional wrestling”

“AND SO DO WE. IN ALL MY YEARS I’D NEVER BELIEVED WE’D SEE THIS!!”

So apparently this is happening in the new ESPN Body Issue

Jesus no. Pick anyone else. Nia Jax. Anyone. Charlotte is repulsive.

[thumb2]. Always gets a laugh from me no matter the context.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Happy Rusev Day!

So I saw Cageside Seats post that by winning tonight, Rusev has earned his FIRST EVER world title match.

DgGYUPlWsAEn9R_.jpg

Wow why did Cass get released? I know he sucks but so does a lot of their wrestlers. Doesn’t make sense going from a feud with Bryan to gone. If it’s just because of suckage and no fan reaction then Roman should have been gone last year.

Anyone ever thought Cesero and Aidan English look alike? Hell I thought wtf happened to Cesaro the first time I saw English.

Reactions: GhostVol
Wow why did Cass get released? I know he sucks but so does a lot of their wrestlers. Doesn’t make sense going from a feud with Bryan to gone. If it’s just because of suckage and no fan reaction then Roman should have been gone last year.

Anyone ever thought Cesero and Aidan English look alike? Hell I thought wtf happened to Cesaro the first time I saw English.
I think I heard he decided to go off script on something about a month ago.

I think I heard he decided to go off script on something about a month ago.
When he brought the dwarf out to the ring to make fun of Daniel Bryan Cass was only supposed to boot him once. Cass was told not to beat him up anymore by the story folks. He appealed to Vince who told him no. He booted the dwarf and then pounded him. Don't cross Vince.

Don't even touch Vince unless given permission as Titus O'Niell found out with his suspension.

Reactions: Glenn's take
I just don't get that story. Like, I understand he's an underneath guy disobeying orders, but he didn't go out there and cut a shoot promo or something. He just did something a little extra, that was still within the story.

I think it says a lot about how controlled the environment is and how it confirms what everyone thinks about why the product is trash

I just don't get that story. Like, I understand he's an underneath guy disobeying orders, but he didn't go out there and cut a shoot promo or something. He just did something a little extra, that was still within the story.

I think it says a lot about how controlled the environment is and how it confirms what everyone thinks about why the product is trash

Beating the sh** out of someone who doesn't know they're going to get the sh** beat out of them, real or worked, can be dangerous. Pro Wrestling Sheet said it was a variety of things in succession though including being uncontrollably drunk on the European tour.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT