ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

BCF you are goofing, right? Roman will win as they wanted him to win at WM but didn’t want the boos reigning down on the choice, and it would have as the crowd booed from his entrance.

In Saudia Arabia at noon in the US on a Friday even if they get a mild reaction it would be better than WM reaction.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I still think Reigns wins the title on Friday, judging by some of the clips I have seen from overseas he seems to be pretty well liked everywhere but the US
and the internet.

That’s the thing, it isn’t just the internet, and if it wasn’t for a Superman punch and spear the kids wouldn’t like him either.

I feel like Brock and Roman have pretty much sucked the air out of the main event scene so the sooner they move on from this fued the better.

Well he said Roman was winning, and should hold for 2 years, but Brock was winning anyway.

Redundant seemed appropriate.

For anyone going tonight here is what is being advertised..

MizTV with Daniel Bryan.

Asuka and Becky Lynch vs. Peyton Royce and Billie Kaye.

Contract Signing: Charlotte and Carmella for Smackdown Women's Title Rematch at Backlash

Jimmy Uso vs. Erick Rowan

205 Live

Gauntlet Match to determine the challenger to Cedric Alexander's Cruiserweight Championship at the Greatest Royal Rumble

AJ Styles vs Nak not on there? It was on commercials last night and on the radio today.

Holy moly she’s gorgeous. I bet her ass even smells like Versace. Ohhh the possibilities.

Anyone else notice she kept her T-shirt on the entire match last night on Raw. I only saw half of it but I never saw her get tagged in. Did she never even have any contact? Aside from Nia’s big ass wrecking ball on the apron.

BCF you are goofing, right? Roman will win as they wanted him to win at WM but didn’t want the boos reigning down on the choice, and it would have as the crowd booed from his entrance.

In Saudia Arabia at noon in the US on a Friday even if they get a mild reaction it would be better than WM reaction.

House show fans and international fans are completely different from the Mania smarks. It’s why the international reactions in South Africa are the complete opposite of the TV folks. Traditional stuff- cheer good guy, boo bad guy. They enjoy the show, they don’t try to be the show.

Like listen to this and then compare it to the beach ball choads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Cat fan
House show fans and international fans are completely different from the Mania smarks. It’s why the international reactions in South Africa are the complete opposite of the TV folks. Traditional stuff- cheer good guy, boo bad guy. They enjoy the show, they don’t try to be the show.
They enjoy it because they never get a chance to see it. It’s a once in a blue moon type deal to them. Us in the US watch the same ole crap every week and have multiple chances every year to see events in person if we want.

They enjoy it because they never get a chance to see it. It’s a once in a blue moon type deal to them. Us in the US watch the same ole crap every week and have multiple chances every year to see events in person if we want.

Lol. Are you saying international fans can’t watch WWE TV shows and PPVs?

How does access to the show change which wrestlers you like?

So many of you are jaded. It’s like if someone doesn’t cum their pants while talking about Kenny Omega then they’re not “real fans.” So weird how actually enjoying a diverse group of talent is a foreign concept to the IWC guys. It’s like, “Let’s lose our shit over Daniel Bryan, Omega, Bullet Club, New Japan guys but if it’s outside of that, let’s hijack the show because WWE must pander to my personal interest at all times.”

So many of you are jaded. It’s like if someone doesn’t cum their pants while talking about Kenny Omega then they’re not “real fans.” So weird how actually enjoying a diverse group of talent is a foreign concept to the IWC guys. It’s like, “Let’s lose our shit over Daniel Bryan, Omega, Bullet Club, New Japan guys but if it’s outside of that, let’s hijack the show because WWE must pander to my personal interest at all times.”

Half those fans who say Omega is great never watched the overrated shit work once.

I can name you 8 real fast better then him on just the WWE roster alone.

Pretty solid crowd tonight I thought for Smackdown.

New Day beat The Bar in a dark match before hand which got us going, but when the led with Bruno we lost momentum and Big Cass was meh.

After that though I felt live we were into it.

Sleaze, no one says Roman isn’t good or can’t work. I despise him, I assume others do to for the same reason, because he has been force fed to us no matter the reaction so you better believe I boo him.

I don’t care what Cape Town, MS cheered, and live at a smaller show I’d be happy to see him too. I assume WWE is about to pull a boxing move and get the strap on him in Saudia Arabia outside of the states. Smart move.

The thing is whether you like it or not they need a long list of heels that can sustain heat to overcome the boos Roman will receive. If he has a 5-6 month run they need at least 4 heels on Raw......do they?

Not sure why that makes the show about the crowd, when the product should in fact be a reflection of the fans. Why is that bad to let WWE know how we feel about what product they give?

How do you feel when an AJ STYLES........NAKUMARA chant breaks out? Guess those NAKUMARA fans should just boo?

Seriously? You’re letting your Roman boner cloud your judgment. He’s the only one on the whole roster that I absolutely can’t stand watching. WWE has some great talent. Hell I think Braun is the maybe the most entertaining thing in all of wrestling right now. That said it pisses me off to no end that they don’t put the belt on him and instead keep forcing that massive douchebag Samoan on us.

@KingOfSleaze btw I’ve wondered this for awhile now. How have you gotten by with your username and pic of Cal as your avatar without being called every name in the book on Rafters? Didn’t wanna ask you that over there and draw attention to it. The Rafters rent-a-cops would jump on it I’m sure.

Thought the show last night and both shows this week kind of sucked. Also don't like the fact they changed Nakamura's theme. It was one of if not the best.

If Reigns wins on Friday then Monday could be interesting. Raw is in Montreal which is kind of a bizzaro world anyway.

He changed it so the fans would quit singing it. Which last night we did after it went off, but it sounded as if TV drowned that chorus out.

Saying one wrestler is better than another is so subjective. It depends on personal tastes and booking as much as charisma and talent.

Omega is very good.

So are:

Styles
Nakamura
Joe
Daniel Bryan
KO
Zayn
Rollins
Balor

Maybe just a notch below are the guys who are good, but not quite as good as the group above (unless they're working with one of them) -
Reigns
Braun
Miz
Matt
Jeff
Orton
Cena
Roode
Shelton (maybe a tier lower)

I'm already tired, but my point is that with the right angle/booking/push any of these guys could be nuclear hot and in consideration for best in the world.

The WWE has its deepest, most talented, roster ever now. Thing is, you have to book an entire show to American audiences. Every match can't be epic every week. You have to build to a crescendo, not only within a feud, but on a show itself.

It's probably easier when half the roster sucks.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It’s pretty apparent, to me anyway, that King of Sleaze is slowly draining the life out of this thread. I thought you diehards would have picked up on it by now.

Some people take this board way too serious - it’s fun to discuss and debate things but no reason to get worked up about it.

Okay, so my buddy and I did the VIP deal last night and had a blast. $500 a ticket. First, the chair you get to keep is AWESOME, super well-made and plush and would sell for at least $200-$250 on WWE.com.

There was some other schwag. I got a signed Nakamura large-style photo... (and my buddy got Bayley LMFAO)...

Overall, while the card wasn't the greatest we had a great time. It was surreal being so close...

Staying until the end of 205 live and seeing the match between Styles and Miz was cool. Was that a dark match?

I got some absolutely amazing ass shots of Carmela and that chick in the pink outfit with the incredible body. What's her name? Maybe I can throw a few up on here.

So, well-worth the money and would definitely do it again. Would like to find a close RAW and do it next.

I got some absolutely amazing ass shots of Carmela and that chick in the pink outfit with the incredible body. What's her name? Maybe I can throw a few up on here.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
My biggest complaint with modern wrestling is it's too scripted and too vanilla. The scripted promos come off as such. The matches more closely resemble choreographed dance routines rather than fights. The ducked punches spot that is so popular now is beyond awful looking and the high spot/no sell/other guy high spot/no sell drives me batty. And finally, kicking out of finishers is so common that finishers don't mean jack shit anymore.

I've recently watched tons of wrestling from the 80s and 90s and maybe ONE finisher was kicked out of in a big blow off match. Now, guys kick out of 5 finishers every episode of Raw.

Bullshit. There’s nobody better than Omega in WWE.

If that was true he would be in the WWE. Don't give me he's loyal crap no one in this line of work would turn down a Wrestlemania spot. If really trying they would sign him. Not even sure if you watch wrestling or the WWE program.

If that was true he would be in the WWE. Don't give me he's loyal crap no one in this line of work would turn down a Wrestlemania spot. If really trying they would sign him. Not even sure if you watch wrestling or the WWE program.
Lmao Vince and HHH would crawl on glass to get Omega. He’s just a different dude. Apparently he really likes Japan and doesn’t want to leave until he wins the heavyweight title atleast.

They offered him last year

Everybody has a price and they didn't want him that much. Mid upper card doesn't get big high offers. He won't be top 5-8 in WWE sales to. Crowds would have to warm up to him, he's not known well by the fanbase.

I bet they would offer Punk more money to come back and he just kicks and drop elbows.

Everybody has a price and they didn't want him that much. Mid upper card doesn't get big high offers. He won't be top 5-8 in WWE sales to. Crowds would have to warm up to him, he's not known well by the fanbase.

I bet they would offer Punk more money to come back and he just kicks and drop elbows.
[roll]Can’t fix stupid.

Reactions: Wesley91581
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT