ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Speaking of Reigns, here's Cornette talking about how he'd book Roman. It's similar to a lot of fans' thoughts. (This is taken from his Drive-Thru show, which I enjoy more than the Experience because it's all wrestling talk and no politics or guests.)

Speaking of Reigns, here's Cornette talking about how he'd book Roman. It's similar to a lot of fans' thoughts. (This is taken from his Drive-Thru show, which I enjoy more than the Experience because it's all wrestling talk and no politics or guests.)

Dude that guy is crazy. He booked WWf in mid 90's almost put them out, uncut OVW put that to crap and his padcast means a 10 yearold cant hear his crazy boring crap.

Plus card fan so

I certainly understand the dislike of Bryan. If it wasn’t for YES! and him being so small he would be in midcard hell. But like Rey mysterio his sizes plays into the his underdog favor and the crowd loves forcing WWE to do what they don’t want to.

I certainly understand the dislike of Bryan. If it wasn’t for YES! and him being so small he would be in midcard hell. But like Rey mysterio his sizes plays into the his underdog favor and the crowd loves forcing WWE to do what they don’t want to.

Bryan was given the MITB in 2011 and won the WHC before the Yes Movement started. It has been very popular to claim Bryan was just so mistreated in his time. Here's the truth. He was in a title match at every Mania from 2010-2015.

2011 MITB winner
Won the WHC off Big Show
Won the US, IC, Tag Titles, WHC and WWE titles
Defeated Cena, Orton, HHH and Batista clean.

Mania history
WM 27- US Title match
WM 28- WHC title match
WM 29- Tag Team titles match
WM30- two matches, first vs HHH, second- WWE Championship match
WM31- IC title match

He's a super small guy and what's annoying is his fans refusing to accept him in any stage that doesn't involve the title/main event. He's an injury prone guy that WWE should never put another title on ever again after what happened the last two times.

Here's the truth. He was in a title match at every Mania from 2010-2015.

2010?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVI

Honestly you hate that Roman can’t get over while guys like Bryan have an unreal fan base.

I bet you would have been unhinged in the 80’s when guys like Bill Dundee and the RnR Express got over during a time when squashing non muscle head with mush brain idiots was a thing.

It’s almost as if fans have caught on that if they cheer enough the people they like will go up the card no matter what. Amazing concept, it’s just too bad Roman’s loudest reactions are boo’s and they refuse to roll with it.

I'm excited for Joe on SDL. He has a clear path to be top heel. He can have fantastic matches with Bryan, AJ, Hardy, Orton.

Bryan can make Cass look good, then have fantastic matches with Miz.

This also balances the rosters a bit. If they book storylines better, should be fun, but....

Nikki Cross better join her Sanity brothers. Nothing left for her in NXT and she needs to attack Naomi.

Reactions: K-mac18
Those Iconic girls are pretty nice to look at...

Also I don’t watch NXT but the crowd went nuts for Drew McIntyre...was he that over in NXT that pop wasn’t as surprising to others?

2010?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVI

Honestly you hate that Roman can’t get over while guys like Bryan have an unreal fan base.

I bet you would have been unhinged in the 80’s when guys like Bill Dundee and the RnR Express got over during a time when squashing non muscle head with mush brain idiots was a thing.

It’s almost as if fans have caught on that if they cheer enough the people they like will go up the card no matter what. Amazing concept, it’s just too bad Roman’s loudest reactions are boo’s and they refuse to roll with it.

2010 was when he came to WWE, Mania in 2011 was his first match. That was the mistake in the post.

Bryan's fanbase has to be the most obnoxious ever in the history of pro wrestling. It's like going to a movie theater and some douchebag won't shut up and makes sure to ruin the show for everyone else.

I like a lot of smaller guys. I'm actually capable of liking a variety of people and just enjoying the show instead of being a giant crybaby that throws beach balls and throws tantrums if WWE doesn't decide to pander to jaded smarks who are constantly miserable and bitching about the product yet continue to watch.

I'm sorry but the folks who chant "CM Punk" at shows are not reflective of the money, social media traffic/views or even a fair portrayal of the WWE fan base. Many of you fail to understand this simple concept- WWE is a global brand with an extremely diverse fan base. You base your perception on 21-40 year old guys desperate for attention, chanting stupid shit for television. Go to a house show, go to a show outside the States. It's night and day. Believe it or not, smarks aren't the majority at all. They're just the loudest and refuse to let others enjoy a show. They demand it be all about them.

Those Iconic girls are pretty nice to look at...

Also I don’t watch NXT but the crowd went nuts for Drew McIntyre...was he that over in NXT that pop wasn’t as surprising to others?

It's more about him being gone since November. He's good though ever since he came back to WWE. Much more interesting than before.

I'm sorry but the folks who chant "CM Punk" at shows are not reflective of the money, social media traffic/views or even a fair portrayal of the WWE fan base. Many of you fail to understand this simple concept- WWE is a global brand with an extremely diverse fan base. You base your perception on 21-40 year old guys desperate for attention, chanting stupid shit for television. Go to a house show, go to a show outside the States. It's night and day. Believe it or not, smarks aren't the majority at all. They're just the loudest and refuse to let others enjoy a show. They demand it be all about them.

No doubt. People on the Internet hate John Cena. But at the Raw house show last summer at Rupp, he was the ONLY person that got a superstar reaction. Some guys got a standing ovation. But the only time the crowd really exploded was when Cena came out.

Here’s why Roman can’t get over - he’s dumb. Like 8 in the Wonderlic dumb. He has to be told what to say and needs a script because he is legitimately too dumb to know how to respond/ad-lib any kind of promo. He relies on his “look” because he has nothing else to offer in terms of appeal.

Wrestling fans hate contrived characters that are forced. They can do that on 2K. They want to be entertained and Roman can’t do it. He’s not smart enough nor is he savvy enough to do it.

Even dumb wrestlers have enough street smarts (i.e., carnie knowledge - I just made that up) to get over. You either have “it” or you don’t, and Reigns doesn’t have “it.” At least not by himself anyway.

Man I’ve just been giving you grief, I understand all of that but to say Punk wasn’t selling or that all I know is what 21-40 year olds think is weird. Every crowd including the diverse WM crowd booed the ever living shit out of Roman. Half the time when being booed he honestly looks lost or at least at a loss of words and has no idea how to go about his promos.

But my kids do like him and his Superman punch and his spear, but they don’t know about storylines or that it’s even choreographed.

Do you remember when the shield were heels and jumping people and taking over RAW. Well maybe just maybe that original Roman is still what the crowd wants? They gave it to us once and like you said he may be cheered if he turns heel but that’s in appreciation if he is good. Like we cheer the miz.

Without looking too much into it - looks like the Superstar Shake-up was just swapping a bunch of heels...Roode/Hardy only face swap I can think of that was major.

Here’s why Roman can’t get over - he’s dumb. Like 8 in the Wonderlic dumb. He has to be told what to say and needs a script because he is legitimately too dumb to know how to respond/ad-lib any kind of promo. He relies on his “look” because he has nothing else to offer in terms of appeal.

Wrestling fans hate contrived characters that are forced. They can do that on 2K. They want to be entertained and Roman can’t do it. He’s not smart enough nor is he savvy enough to do it.

Even dumb wrestlers have enough street smarts (i.e., carnie knowledge - I just made that up) to get over. You either have “it” or you don’t, and Reigns doesn’t have “it.” At least not by himself anyway.
I think the guy is an introvert. He is shy. He is best when he is with his friends who can help. He should have been a heel because it is much easier to be a bad guy and he could get more comfortable in front of the camera and gradually build himself into a face as he continued to mature. We get sufferin succotash instead... Crazy grand pa wants him to be the next Make a wish guy so he is controlling him tightly while making his product worse.

Best lesser known belts:

Missouri Heavyweight Championship

latest

Stampede North American Title

DWiSKQiW4AI6bwC.jpg:large

Red strap NWA World Heavyweight Title

102-800x275.jpg

Worst?

Mid South North American Heavyweight Championship

magnum.jpg

Dude that guy is crazy. He booked WWf in mid 90's almost put them out, uncut OVW put that to crap and his padcast means a 10 yearold cant hear his crazy boring crap.

Plus card fan so

I'll give you the Cards fan thing, but ...

He didn't book WWF in the 90s by himself. He was one of four-six with Vince McMahon having final say on anything and most of the really bad angles (that you probably loved) were Vince Russo creations. Didn't expect too much from OVW because it was a farm system where the WWF/E would call them the day of TV tapings and take away/send more talent they had to write into the shows in 15 minutes. And SMW was amazing. I'd rather watch it than the current product

Also, Kevin Nash was the worst drawing WWF champ in history, just so you know.

Always thought Reigns was a dolt...

Like, he probably takes an excessively long time to put his shirt on at least once a week because he can't find the sleeve or eats his steak well done with A1 or ketchup.

Probably wipes back to front also.

Worst belt is the Cena spinner belt - just awful and a disgrace to any champion in wrestling history.

And pretty racist TBH IYAM.

I bought one of those and would lay it down, put my hot bowls of soup on it and spin it to cool em off.

I’ll say this if Roman does not get the title off Brock at this next PPV I’m not sure what else you can do with Brock at this point.

You have to remove the strap just to get some fresh feuds.

Maybe Roman injures Brock causing it to be vacated.

I’ll say this if Roman does not get the title off Brock at this next PPV I’m not sure what else you can do with Brock at this point.

You have to remove the strap just to get some fresh feuds.

Maybe Roman injures Brock causing it to be vacated.
STROWMAN...

Btw I can’t remember who it was, probably Sleaze, that said Roman gets people over and references his feud with Braun. People get over with Roman because the crowd loves seeing him get his head caved in. Not because of anything he does.

Me personally, turning Roman heel wouldn’t change my dislike for him at all. I don’t know if anything that could make me like him.

Last edited:
I met Bruno Sammartino once. I tried to tell him how awesome he was in his day but he said he couldn't hear me so I used my thumb and index finger to unfold his collyflower ear and then yelled as loud as I could.

We shook hands afterwards and I got a picture.

STROWMAN...

Btw I can’t remember who it was, probably Sleaze, that said Roman gets people over and references his feud with Braun. People get over with Roman because the crowd loves seeing him get his head caved in. Not because of anything he does.

Me personally turning Roman heel wouldn’t change my dislike for him at all. I don’t know if anything that could make me like him.

My thoughts on Roman at this point would be to remove him from TV for 3-4 months. Let Lawler teach him how to be an old school Memphis heel during that time. Gives him a break from the boos and gives him a skill that very few have. When he comes back have him cheat every chance he gets. Carry a chain in his gear. He is just broken at this point. Not much to lose. It's not like he has a character that will be damaged. Not a lot of Roman Empire t shirts that I see in the audience.

STROWMAN...

Me personally, turning Roman heel wouldn’t change my dislike for him at all. I don’t know if anything that could make me like him.

I did not say that. But I do think they had the best matches and rivalry of 2017 and did a good job at making both guys look good.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Worst belt is the Cena spinner belt - just awful and a disgrace to any champion in wrestling history.

It’s the only belt that sucked. And it lasted waaaay too long. When the Rock debuted the new one, it was a universal feeling of, “Thank God.”

How WWE thought that design needed to last for eight years is crazy. Looked like a toy. And that’s the one Punk carried for over a year.

Attitude Era title and Undisputed were great. Really liked the Rock one cause you could actually see “champion” on it as opposed to what they have now.

When/Where does Ambrose come back to? SD would be perfect!

The shake up went worst for Jinder Mahal, and I can’t stand his character anyway so I hope he goes the way of one Bray Wyatt.

Really think it went best for Joe.

ADVERTISEMENT