ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Maybe I’m having weird deja vu but didn’t something to wrestle talk about Jarrett going into the hall of fame last week?

spacwai.gif

Surprised they had Reigns get pinned first in the Guantlet match but I guess they have to build everyone else up for Roman’s eventual triumph in the EC.

Somebody check on Corey Davis. Honestly more surprising than Bruno making it. Jeff Jarrett held Vince up for money on his last night in the company as the ultimate eff you. Other than Benoit, he was the last guy I ever anticipated being in the WWE Hall of Fame, even though he certainly belongs for his body of work.

Also, Seth Rollins wrestling over an hour straight and beating Roman Reigns and John Cena in consecutive great matches might be the best individual in-ring performance on WWE TV ever. And then the heat on Elias for beating him! Awesome! That's just excellent, simple storytelling that WWE often loses sight of but when they get it right, they nail it.

Somebody check on Corey Davis. Honestly more surprising than Bruno making it. Jeff Jarrett held Vince up for money on his last night in the company as the ultimate eff you. Other than Benoit, he was the last guy I ever anticipated being in the WWE Hall of Fame, even though he certainly belongs for his body of work.

Also, Seth Rollins wrestling over an hour straight and beating Roman Reigns and John Cena in consecutive great matches might be the best individual in-ring performance on WWE TV ever. And then the heat on Elias for beating him! Awesome! That's just excellent, simple storytelling that WWE often loses sight of but when they get it right, they nail it.

Just goes to show how good of a product WWE can produce when they want.

That gauntlet match could’ve easily just been Braun killing everyone, but I’m glad they didn’t take the easy way out. Kudos

I hope Rollins either feuds with Roman after WM or goes to Smackdown - anything else would be a waste of his talent.

That was definitely one of the best Raw's they have had in some time. The gauntlet match was really really good.

HHH did book the gauntlet match, right? And he turned the tide of the Monday Night Wars by showing up at the Norfolk Scope in a tank with Sean Waltman. Who's this Steve guy anyway?

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
"Buff has got to be the geekiest babyface in the business. He was kissing up to the crowd unmercifully. At the end, Buff told them to hit his music, and they didn't" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: July 12, 1999

Cracks me up more than it ought to when Big Dave of all people calls a wrestler a geek.

"Buff has got to be the geekiest babyface in the business. He was kissing up to the crowd unmercifully. At the end, Buff told them to hit his music, and they didn't" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: July 12, 1999

Cracks me up more than it ought to when Big Dave of all people calls a wrestler a geek.

Also Bagwell lasted one match in WWE albeit a main event match.

According to the Pwinsider guys the gauntlet match was all Vince from the idea to the booking. Have to admit I am surprised by that.

The Dusty Classic is back this year....bracket below.

I don’t know how to post pictures but I could not be more excited for my kids, and me TBH, with where we upgraded our seats to at WM. I mean there is front row section, then us, on the isle right down the damn walk way and raised up perfectly over the front sections in view of the ring.

WWE better bring for this WM and not give me a deadman(literally) as a main even type match.

- I am a huge fan of Finn Balor at the moment, and other than maybe Miz/Seth there isn’t a better suited person to come out of the EC strong and do big things after WM.

Reactions: K-mac18
The WWE really messed up by having Braun and Brock wrestle last year. They should have continued to build Braun, have him win tonight, then he and Brock would square off at wrestlemania.

I think she was just truly nervous. But we got our mixed match for wrestlemania! Rousey/Angle vs HHH/McMahon. I’m good with that because it makes sense, building from survivor series.

I was eh with the women’s chamber match, but I love love love Bliss. Not only is she the most beautiful woman alive, but she’s amazing cutting promos and making her character hated. Her wrestling has come a long ways as well

But you knew it was going to be Roman! I mean my kids were sold it was Strowman vs Brock at WM being a SICK match.......just to be crushed.

Roman is a decent consolation match, but only a rock was going to win.

Strowman deserves more than anyone now, right now.

yet another shit PPV.... feed everyone to Strowman just for him to lose. Eats every ones finisher multiple times and Reigns wins... gtfo.

Lol.

I hope the smarks do what they do at Mania and pooo all over Reigns/Lesnar. I'm not interested. I guess if it gets the title off the absentee champ, cool. But there's at least 3 other guys I'd rather see with the belt than Reigns.

Braun is organically in the spot they're forcing Reigns into. Beating Brock at Mania would help make Strowman a mega star for years to come. But nah, let' just shove the square peg in the round hole some more. It'll go in eventually.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
ADVERTISEMENT