ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I remember seeing the Tupelo Concession Stand video the week it came out. I doubt he does.

The 1981 one got me hooked on Rasslin!

If you are talking Memphis: if you watched Memphis in the mid 90s, you may remember Scott Bowden, managing Tommy Rich, Doug Gilbert, Dream Machine.

I help him with podcast that’s dedicated to Memphis Rasslin that’s called Kentucky Fried Rasslin. He has all kinds of guests, rare audio footage thought to be lost...

And pimping my twitter, because you may find some fun Memphis Stuff there as well! @memphisrasslin1

http://kfrpod.com

Man, didn't think Vince could ruin Bayley as quickly as he did. But she was def a one trick pony that Vince didn't take advantage of.

I mean, the pop here was absurd for a female entertainer

That’s pretty much because her entire gimmick was based on being an underdog. She was an underdog “feel good” story when she was in NXT then her underdog story was her dream to get on the main roster. Once she won the women’s belt they had her in mediocrity. I think her and Sasha were going to feud over the women’s belt but Alexa stole Sasha’s push so Sasha and Bayley have just been floating around the last year.

Can't believe I am saying this but other than Elias has anyone else become a bigger star coming from NXT to the main roster??
Didn't like the character in NXT but seems to have taken off on Raw.

Can't believe I am saying this but other than Elias has anyone else become a bigger star coming from NXT to the main roster??
Didn't like the character in NXT but seems to have taken off on Raw.

I’d say Kevin Owens is the only other one in that category. Maybe Alexa Bliss too.

Saw WrestleMania 2000 mentioned, although the video game was great, that main event was brutally awful. Probably one of the worst in the last 25-30 years.

Saw WrestleMania 2000 mentioned, although the video game was great, that main event was brutally awful. Probably one of the worst in the last 25-30 years.
No singles matches on the entire card except one between Terri Runnels and King's wife where clothes needed to be ripped off to win.

It was like they had to tie up all of Vince Russo's loose ends. The one thing he did well was give everybody on a show something to do, but when you do that, you end up with 14-15 matches on every card.

But props to Pete Gas for doing a nasty crimson mask during the hardcore battle royal.

pete001.jpg

The Mean Street Posse was one of those deals that was way more entertaining than it had any right to be.
I loved the Posse. I'd mark out so hard if the Posse made some kind of surprise appearance on behalf of Shane. I loved how Pete Gas and Rodney really were Shane's buddies from college and wrestled like it. I loved how Pete Gas almost killed himself sliding into the ring at the 2000 Royal Rumble...

0Bciq6s.gif

...only nobody remembers that botched run-in because TAKA Michinoku did a run-in and got launched on his face.

tumblr_p2vwzwlTu11wyspnlo2_400.gif

So this Smackdown top 10 is officially the worst idea ever...

Bryan reveals the SmackDown Top 10 List next. They are in the following order.
10. Tye Dillinger
9. Randy Orton
8. Becky Lynch
7. The Usos
6. The New Day
5. Bobby Roode
4. Naomi
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Charlotte
1. AJ Styles

So this Smackdown top 10 is officially the worst idea ever...

Bryan reveals the SmackDown Top 10 List next. They are in the following order.
10. Tye Dillinger
9. Randy Orton
8. Becky Lynch
7. The Usos
6. The New Day
5. Bobby Roode
4. Naomi
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Charlotte
1. AJ Styles
Eh.....

I'll give it a while. Gives a kayfabe reason for matches and perhaps some transparency to how WWE views folks.

Eh.....

I'll give it a while. Gives a kayfabe reason for matches and perhaps some transparency to how WWE views folks.

It’d be fine if they did top 10 singles competitors/top 5 tag team/top 5 women but to mix them all together is weird.

Also they must have forgotten Kevin Owens - oh well looks like another stupid gimmick that’ll go away in a few months.

Going to have to check out that Meltzer list when I have some more time.

AXS TV announced today they are going to show the New Japan show in California live on March 25th.

One thing I think is real honest about every company is if people don’t like you then F them!

I’m in a sales position and it’s first come first serve everyone out for themselves........which wrestling is the same way honestly.

I enjoy both Zayn and KO probably more than anyone in the company right now and if people in the back don’t it’s because they are jealous AF.

You can totally see that Triple H has taken over 205. Quality is light years better already

I’d say Kevin Owens has been treated pretty damn well.

NXT title within two months of his debut.
Clean win over Cena in main roster PPV debut
IC champ
US champ
Universal Champ

Feuds include
Cena
Reigns- won this one
Ambrose- can’t remember
AJ Styles
Rollins- went over
Finn Balor
Jericho- went over
Sami Zayn
Shane McMahon

Given KO’s build, that’s pretty incredible.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Where did James Storm go?

I remember when he left TNA a couple years ago and signed with NXT I thought he was going to do something similar to what Rhyno did in his NXT run, which was play the role of the gold guy who put guys over and taught guys behind the scenes. He lasted like a week.

And James Storm was the best guy in every tag team he was in. By far, and I'm a Bobby Roode mark.

I saw where James Storm and Chris Harris (remember him) are going to be tagging again on some upcoming indy dates.

Was really surprised he didn't end up with NXT last year.

ADVERTISEMENT