ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Nothing really to report here after a house show, but the Colons are back and I didn't know that. Also Baron Corbin is a damn good performer, also psychology plays a huge role at the house shows and I'm a fan!

Damn good show, and Sammy Zayn as a heel is gold.

Well I am already to watch the NJPW show, love the announcers....

So not only did HHH win but they danced and he pedigreed the Singh Brothers afterwards...

OOPS!

public-enemy-tries-to-kill-rick-steiner.gif

In the reckless speculation rumor world, apparently Paige is basically hooking for drug money. Expect more leaks or failed drug tests

Reactions: Col. Angus
Thought Raw was a pretty good show last night...nice to see they aren't just phoning it in during December.

If you didn't see the Jericho-Omega angle here you go....

The best part of the clips from Japan are the constant bell rings in the background during physical inference. It was staple of the good old days of wrestling and they still use it correctly. Cracks me up.

I don’t know yet which one I like more - Liv Morgan or Mandy Rose. I think I need more pictures before I decide.

Bret and HBK vs Hakushi and the King

Few things here...super fun match, btw.

1. Hakushi...so awesome. How did things not work out with him? Don't answer that, I know the answer to the question, he's Japanese. Still though...that guy *had it*. He could have gone to WCW a couple years later and probably made some big bucks.

2. Really weird to see Michaels in a tag match where he's the guy who gets the hot tag. Shawn was one of the best ever at getting the heat on the heels during a tag match (EVERY single hot tag in a Rockers match was Jannetty), and Bret got to do it in this match because he might have even been a little better at it. Or maybe his hot tag wouldn't have been as good.

3. I think we as a wrestling crew have a greater appreciation for the King than the average wrestling fan because of location, but that match had everything that made him so good. Awesome heat (people always wanted to cheer Hakushi because he was cool - King nipped that in the bud at every opportunity), great working punches, killer piledriver.

I think I want a "Yep, Yep, Yep" shirt!!!

Not sure what to think about this mixed match challenge...could be opening up the doors to WWE putting stuff on Facebook if their new TV deal
doesn't bring what they want.

I'm coming around on Aliester Black. I can't wait for he and Cole to have a rematch with higher stakes.

Is there a smarkier, more anti-WWE crowd on the web than Reddit? I believe that NJPW can cure cancer, herpes, and the common cold. And we only thought we didn't like Reigns.

Reactions: BKH34
I'm coming around on Aliester Black. I can't wait for he and Cole to have a rematch with higher stakes.

Is there a smarkier, more anti-WWE crowd on the web than Reddit? I believe that NJPW can cure cancer, herpes, and the common cold. And we only thought we didn't like Reigns.
It's where every fat neckbeard clapping at a fake gun spot at some indy show goes to white knight for wrestlers who get their feelings hurt and complain that Dean Ambrose's backstory doesn't positively affirm furries.

You couldn't make up this Triple H quote about beating Jinder if you wanted to:

“One thing that people forget is the first time I went to India to perform was in 1996. I’ve been on their TV for a really long period of time. There are certain guys there, in that market, who transcend the business for them. When we were talking to our television partners there about the marketing for the event, it was one of the things that kept coming up. It’s why I was put on the card. I haven’t been there in a long time. I was excited and really happy to hear the reaction. It’s sort of what we expected. We know what resonates in markets and we can see it in our numbers and see it in the research that are partners have done as well as on social media.

“When we were over there a few months ago having business meetings, to hear the people who are running television studios or Internet companies say to me ‘I watched you when I was a teenager. You were like the biggest guy in the world.’ I met a massive Bollywood star the other day who told me that I was his entire childhood. He got suspended from school for telling someone to ‘suck it.’ At a time in ’96 when there were like three channels there, we were on one of them all of the time.”

I've just recently started checking out Reddit, partially to see if I can get some more views to the football posts I do.
I did subscribe to the wrestling thread and LD you are right that is a pretty interesting crowd over there.

There was absolutely no reason for HHH to beat Jinder but yet he did. It was like WM 19 with Booker T all over again.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I don't even think these dudes remotely enjoy wrestling. They enjoy being wrestling fans but hate wrestling.

I blame Dave Meltzer. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy New Japan, but only in small doses. Big Dave has always slanted his ratings (...crap) towards the Japanese. But he isn't always right.

Kenny Omega vs. Okada from the Tokyo Dome wasn't better than the first Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Or Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, or a hundred different Ric Flair matches, or a hundred different Bret Hart matches. BUT IT WAS IN JAPAN. AT THE TOKYO DOME. THEREFORE SIX STARS.

New Japan style at its most basic formula doesn't do it for me anyway, just because of the sequences deemed necessary in every big match where the guys take turns legitimately striking each other in the head as hard as they can. Dr. Death can backdrop driver guys and spike them on their head every match in a 20+ year career and never injure one guy, but you shift from that to stiff strikes and you have guys like Shibata doing SHOOT headbutts and suffering career ending brain injuries. That shouldn't be rewarded.

Squared Circle is like everything else on Reddit, a circle jerk echo chamber. One day the highest post is about how terrible WWE is and the next day the highest post is about how everyone should stop complaining about the WWE and just enjoy it. If you get enough upvotes and momentum you can make any opinion look popular.

hbk-humps-flag.gif

Shawn's biggest mistake was humping the Canadian flag. Half of Montreal probably does this same thing every weekend.

Now humping the Fleurdelisé; that would have literally gotten him murderous heat

Last edited:
SHAWN'S EGO: BIGGER THAN LIFE

Now that's a perfectly Canadian sign, right there. Must have driven up from Ontario in a sensible, paid for, used Volvo

Shawn is a Fag.

Man...the good old days when you could basically say anything and SJW's wouldn't get up in arms. And if they did, nobody gave a shit. Thanks a lot Twitter.

*Went to Wrasslin' last Sunday and dude behind me kept chanting "NXT"! I've never understood that. It's not like anyone goes to a MLB game and chants "Triple A, Triple A". Dumb actually.

What an amazing asshole Shawn Michaels was before he found Jesus. Saw some glimpses of it with the Hogan feud, but not nearly enough imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT