ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

We all knew Angle was coming back out towards the end of the match. I wanted him to come back out in the stars and stripes gear with the gold medal like the Angle of old. I really would've marked out for that.

Glad Angle actually did some moves. Really thought they were going to pull a Bret Hart with him and say he was wrestling but then just have him minimal stuff and that was it. Kinda sad how out of shape he was though. I know he hasn't wrestled in a while but you'd think he'd still wortk out and do conditioning.

Complete throw away show, but I did enjoy the main event and Balor/AJ.I'm glad Angle didn't die. I've cringed at every bump he's taken since about 2010.

Didn't care at all about the women's matches or Elias/Jordan. Enzo is a bad worker. The cruiser tag match was entertaining. Overall it was a "fun" show but I wouldn't call it "good."

Sounds like on the heels of the Jobber Mahal vs. Brock match the Survivor Series is going to be a bunch of Raw vs. Smackdown matches.

Finn and AJ was (pardon the pun) absolutely phenomenal. Those are by far the two best workers in the federation. To think that the match was literally thrown together in a day says a lot about those two. I'm sure that AJ had a lot of time on the plane ride from South America to come up with some spots, but you have to think that this match was 70% called in the ring.

I don't like the idea of a feud between the two seeing as both are much better as baby faces, but if a match like this had a baby vs baby build and worked into a legit program, it would be even more awesome considering how great this one was with no build. On Raw Talk, they mentioned that having no build allowed Finn and AJ not to overthink things, but with those two being such professionals, I don't think they would foul up a program.

Great match or greatest match?

"Doing need a diet"

"Where all the fat people at?"
"IN THE RING!!"

I mean it wasn't he worst I've ever watched. Had the ups and downs. Traffic hold ups. Gimmicked car.

Got the feeling Doink just pounded 4 plates of food wearing that suit, threw on the mask, and spent the next 20 minutes wrestling all the while having to take a major shit. Dude got out of that ring in a hurry after the pin.

Kane with a clean pin over Balor. That just happened.

I'm assuming they're going with "Finn Balor" is a weak ass bitch, but "the Demon" is a force to be reckoned with.

If not, wow. Kane's a good soldier and can't job all the time, but ............

Rick Steiner

N9x5Q6.gif

So you think it's a good idea to have a Braun/Kane feud and then let seven-foot Kane lose to a guy who is five-foot-nine, five-foot-ten?

I just don't understand the need to put Kane in a match. Just have him do what Braun was doing for a while, just come out and destroy everyone after or during their matches. I think he's established himself enough over the years, that he doesn't need to be put over, specially over guys who should be their top guys. The problem with RAW right now too is that they don't really have any faces besides Balor who are championship caliber that they can have Kane go over. Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns are former champs but they are all involved in the feud right now, and then Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, and Wyatt are all heels.

WWE either doesn't care about booking or they try too hard to make everything a big matchup to get ratings.

Looks like we are getting AJ/Jinder feud - hopefully AJ gets the title back and doesn’t put Jobber Mahal over.

So Nia walked out cause she was booked to lose cleanly to Sasha Banks at TLC? So stupid on her part.

They're trolling the smarks and it's hilarious. Idiots can't believe that guys will work them in Twitter, which as I'm fond of saying, is the new kayfabe.

I thought it was a work from the get go simply cause Kenny has been on Jericho's podcast. Seemed very Conor McGregor-ish.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Joey Ryan is kind of a tool, I've noticed.

For one, The Shield has always had a shield logo on their shirts. The wording on the sleeves is hardly unique to ROH but just listening to an indie guy complain about WWE ripping them off is hilarious considering the Young Bucks' entire gimmick is based off of doing WWE stuff like superkicks, too sweet, suck it, etc.

Reactions: GhostVol
ADVERTISEMENT