ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Nia Jax has a legendary 'fat black woman in the middle of the aisle at Walmart' waddle. Knees bending inward as if they're about to snap, irritated facial expression, and the slow motion waddle. All she needs is 3 unattended screaming kids, a cart full of shit my taxes pay for, and a cell phone convo loud enough for the whole aisle to hear. 'Sheei ho awn one sec gir, javontay put them got damn Skittles down we ain't need no more candy PUT EM BACK FOR YOU GET POPPED I AINT PAYIN FUH DOSE'

/Child cries as is ignored

Zayn is great on Smackdown but on the other hand can’t believe Roode took an L and it hasn’t even been his 5th match on the main roster.

I love the Network just because it's amazing to own all of the wrestling. So I can't be one of those "Network is killing the business" guys. Can't go fully that way.

HOWEVER...the switch to purely episodic, week to week programming with the inability to see the forest for the trees has killed the notion that wins and losses matter. They so matter.

Been watching old Nitro episodes from 1997. Remember when Lex Luger won the title from Hogan in '97? And how over Lex Luger of all people was at that time? At some point in 1997, starting when he was US Champion, they put him on Nitro every week and he put a guy in the torture rack. Eventually he started putting nWo guys in the torture rack and before you know it, instant babyface contender who's super over.

Winning streaks work! Let them happen!

I love the Network just because it's amazing to own all of the wrestling. So I can't be one of those "Network is killing the business" guys. Can't go fully that way.

I love the Network because most of the new programming sucks. 10 bucks for the library is a steal.

I was soooo wrong about Braun Strowman. He’s a star.

In reality, I really hope Angle can pull it together, but I don't think a TLC match is best for his comeback. That's a hard hitting tough match to return to the ring for. Not too excited for this.

Story I have heard is Bray and Bo have some sort of meningitis which is why they haven't been on the road and JoJo as well. There was a report that other
stars had it as well. Guess it is true.

Certainly makes the show more interesting for Sunday.

Multiple broken necks and a documented history of pill abuse. Needless to say I'll be on the edge of my seat for this match, but because I'm going to be nervous as hell for Kurt. Finn vs AJ has classic written all over it!

Multiple broken necks and a documented history of pill abuse. Needless to say I'll be on the edge of my seat for this match, but because I'm going to be nervous as hell for Kurt. Finn vs AJ has classic written all over it!
Why give it away though? Just announce that Reigns and Wyatt were out for TLC and leave the rest for surprise. The uncertainty of what to expect would still make a lot of people want to watch, and imagine the pops Styles and Angle would've got when people were waiting to see who the surprise opponent/Partner was.

Why give it away though? Just announce that Reigns and Wyatt were out for TLC and leave the rest for surprise. The uncertainty of what to expect would still make a lot of people want to watch, and imagine the pops Styles and Angle would've got when people were waiting to see who the surprise opponent/Partner was.

I think you have to tell the public, because the draw for this even was the reunion of the shield. Let's be honest, no one cares about the rest of the card. It was all for the shield. You don't want to go into the main event knowing Reigns is out and not knowing how the fans would react to Angle coming out instead. Sure you may have a loud loud pop (most likely scenario), but you could get a lot of pissed off fans. At least with this, you can let it sink in for people's minds and also gauge the reaction before Sunday. Vince is known to make literal last minute decisions, so let's see what happens.

My biggest concern from all this is that we get the Wyatt/Baylor feud going on even longer now because of this. I'm hoping not and this leads to something at Survivor series between Styles and Finn. You truly never know with WWE though.

I'll give WWE this - the last couple of Survivor Series have been awesome. For years we were wondering why they were de-emphasizing that show when it had been one of their cornerstone shows, but they've delivered the last few years with it, especially last year. So with so many guys out, I wouldn't read too much into anything that happens at this next big show.

Feuds with Wyatt benefit no one, it buries Bray and doesn't get anyone over. Bray always resets to his default shtick after looking up at the lights. Never foiled or exposed. We're just all normally thankful that particular program with (insert blank) is now finished and X wrestler can move on from it.

Balor was due some good fortune.

Feuds with Wyatt benefit no one, it buries Bray and doesn't get anyone over. Bray always resets to his default shtick after looking up at the lights. Never foiled or exposed. We're just all normally thankful that particular program with (insert blank) is now finished and X wrestler can move on from it.

Balor was due some good fortune.

He was fine up until the RO feud for the world title... then it was like... what?!

Best Bray Wyatt: HERE COMES MY BEST FRIEND ROMAN REIGNS YOU'RE DEAD

tumblr_o5nohhGQoP1qb27kao1_500.gif

Maybe the best Roman Reigns too. Bray got injured the week of this Raw. This could have been so much fun.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Time for BKH's bait and switch.

Angle in TLC? First match back? With his body?

Recipe for disaster. But...

Lay him out in an Angle angle before the match. Then his son steps in to take his place/avenge him. If done right, Jordan becomes a star.

Styles/Balor?

Time for The Club to form and attack Styles. This sets up Survivor Series.

But.. But... Mitchell Cole told me Monday Night that Survivor Series was the only night a year where WWE Superstars from the different brands will fight each other!

And now for Daniel Bryan's thoughts on Angle's return...

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Time for BKH's bait and switch.

Angle in TLC? First match back? With his body?

Recipe for disaster. But...

Lay him out in an Angle angle before the match. Then his son steps in to take his place/avenge him. If done right, Jordan becomes a star.

Styles/Balor?

Time for The Club to form and attack Styles. This sets up Survivor Series.
My hopes are that this isn't what they've been planning on doing. To think of getting teased with a Shield reunion, then a Kurt Angle return, then just to end up having it be Jason Jordan? Please no. Knowing WWE though, this is exactly what they're doing.

Kurt looked like Brock Lesnar after running a marathon. Screw his neck, he might have a heart attack if he wrestles again

Last edited:
I thought the PPV was enjoyable but the main event was certainly a cluster. It was fun to watch because you never knew who was going to fight who. I wonder if the plan was always to have Kane attack Strowman or was that something they did because Reigns was out. Also is Strowman now a face?

I thought the PPV was enjoyable but the main event was certainly a cluster. It was fun to watch because you never knew who was going to fight who. I wonder if the plan was always to have Kane attack Strowman or was that something they did because Reigns was out. Also is Strowman now a face?

I think it was the plan to justify a shield win and make Braun look strong.

And why was it a cluster? Didn't you have fun watching that? I had a blast.

Fun match
Cool spots
Angle in a shield vest
Angle getting his moments
Dean and Seth off the ladders
A freaking garbage truck eats up Braun.

That was awesome.

I think it was the plan to justify a shield win and make Braun look strong.

And why was it a cluster? Didn't you have fun watching that? I had a blast.

Fun match
Cool spots
Angle in a shield vest
Angle getting his moments
Dean and Seth off the ladders
A freaking garbage truck eats up Braun.

That was awesome.

I had a blast watching it. It had no flow though. It was almost like an every man for himself match. Just because it was a cluster doesn't mean it wasn't fun.

Kind of agree with TCurtis...it was a great spectacle but none of it made any sense...I would have had the heels win to set up a match at Survivor Series
when Reigns is back. The entire Shield plus Angle vs. Miz's team.

Guess Braun will return as a face and feud with Kane...?

AJ vs. Finn was great....

WWE releases their Network subscriber numbers on Thursday, why not stack this show to try to get people to sign up.

One more thing Alexa Bliss is by far the best female wrestler in WWE right now. Vince already made Asuka look weak last night just like they did Roode when he debuted.

ADVERTISEMENT