ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

If they going to have Lesnar fight someone on SD I think it’d be somewhat compelling to have him face KO.
Given KO just got off a feud with Shane and KO lost the title to Brock it’d be like getting his rematch clause he never invoked.
KO lost the title to Goldberg, not Brock. If its going to be a non-title match though, just let Brock destroy Jinder and the Singh brothers the whole time. That would be way more entertaining than them making us believe that Jinder can actually give Brock a fight. I'd still rather see him face KO or have another match with Orton

Last edited:
KO lost the title to Goldberg, not Brock. If its going to be a non-title match though, just let Brock destroy Jinder and the Singh brothers the whole time. That would be way more entertaining than them making us believe that Jinder can actually give Brock a fight. I'd still rather see him face KO or have another match with Orton

Yup your right totally forgot about Goldberg.

Zayn prob interfere before KO got pinned but at least the build up would be better with KO than Jobber Mahal.
We're just on different pages here. Yes, your buildup would be better. But, Brock would squash Sammy and KO in your scenario. In the present scenario he only ruins guys are who already worthless. I'm choosing the lesser of two evils. You're hoping against all hope.

Flair’s Mount Rushmore...
Flair
Hogan
Austin
Rock
Really interesting that Flair didn't put any of his buddies on that list. (he's right, btw - no idea who could replace any of these guys)

There's a bunch of people who just missed out on wrestling Rock and it makes me sad - Bret and HBK come to mind. Flair would be on this list, but we got this:

MadBlackCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Really interesting that Flair didn't put any of his buddies on that list. (he's right, btw - no idea who could replace any of these guys)

There's a bunch of people who just missed out on wrestling Rock and it makes me sad - Bret and HBK come to mind. Flair would be on this list, but we got this:

MadBlackCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Flair and Rock had a title match in 2002 on RAW, I think. Right?

Yeah, I found it.

I think all Bret ever got was tagging with Rocky Maivia at a house show. We did get HBK trying to destroy Rock's push though in 1998.

The only guy not on Flair's top 4 who has a legitimate argument for being on there is Duh-tay, baby. If you move his peak from the late 70s to the late 80s he's on everyone's list, no question

I still don't know whose place he would take. Rock, probably

The only guy not on Flair's top 4 who has a legitimate argument for being on there is Duh-tay, baby. If you move his peak from the late 70s to the late 80s he's on everyone's list, no question

I still don't know whose place he would take. Rock, probably
I could be biased, but I think there's an argument for Piper. Not sure WM has any success at all if it was Mr. Wonderful and Cowboy Bob carrying the load on the heel side of things.

Piper, Andre and Savage. Hardest to leave off for me. Get out of here with Cena, at least for now. I think history will actually be very kind to Cena (seriously - Backlash 2009 vs. Edge - GREAT match!), but come on.

Of course my Mt. Rushmore would carve out a place for Sid. If you're master and ruler of the world, you can be on a mountain. That's my rule.

Reactions: JLRCat
Mr.+Perfect+dropkick+to+Bret+Hart.gif

Ready for a hot take? Were it not for Steve Austin, ^this^ match (Bret vs. Perfect, 1993 King of the Ring semifinal) would be Bret's best match.

But Steve Austin exists, so it's the third best Bret match.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you liked the Survivor Series 96 match even better than the WM 13 right??

Not sure if this match was better than Summerslam 91 or not, guess that is the magic of the WWE Network, can go back and watch them both.

Five of the best five wrestlers in that one gif. Amazing

I still think the cage match with Owen at SummerSlam '94 or the Mania X match with Owen are better than that match. Close, though.

But does that KOR match have Bulldog lookin' like a broke ass Color Me Badd reject?

tumblr_ml0l3lzHwB1qizm8ro1_500.jpg

What about Bret's awesome jizz patterned trunks?

hartvshart.jpg

Didn't think so. Edge, SummerSlam '94

Reactions: JLRCat and BKH34
Why would you have Strowman vs Reigns in a cage on free TV?

Sometimes I just don't get how stupid WWE is.

Reactions: JLRCat
They need to start bait-and-switching some of these big Raw matches. Just every now and then. Don't go full Nitro and do it every week, but you also can't give them away every week. Tease it and do a big brawl finish or something.

We can book.

WWE has completely left behind the "booking" and "drawing" paradigm.

They believe they are a TV show through and through. PPVs are nothing more than "very special episodes" and don't require the build, build, payoff formula that actually makes wrestling work. The network has done more harm than good imo

Kane looked stupid. Strowman looked stupid. Having them stand there in the ring, side by side, not acknowledging one another--who's idea was that? Stupid.

So the Shield has to lose on Sunday right? I mean you've got arguably your best tag team, your best mic man/heel, your biggest rising star (even though they tried to kill that) and one of your bigger legacy wrestlers. Are you gonna sacrifice all that?!

So the Shield has to lose on Sunday right? I mean you've got arguably your best tag team, your best mic man/heel, your biggest rising star (even though they tried to kill that) and one of your bigger legacy wrestlers. Are you gonna sacrifice all that?!
Yes. Probably.

At least until Ambrose turns on Rollins.

My guess is Survivor Series starts that story.

Ambrose is definitely turning on Rollins, and that's good.

I can't believe it's been 5 years and they're just now getting those guys in their natural habitats, with Ambrose as the heel and Rollins as the face. And while it was neat to see Rollins work heel and he did a good job, bless his heart, Dean Ambrose can only work heel. He should never work face again.

If Ambrose cut his hair and smiled more, wore some flashy shiny outfit he could maybe pass as a good guy but I doubt it. He's just got that natural "raise your leg and fart at the dinner table, wipe your mouth with your shirt" thing going on.

He's Bastion Booger minus 200 pounds with hair and blue jeans.

Only if Amborse is not chicken shit heel. Would love a stable of Ambrose, Owens, Orton, and Reigns.

Ever since he did that interview with Steve Austin Ambrose has been going nowhere in my opinion. Marrying Renee Young probably didn't help especially with
management.
I think a heel turn by Ambrose would be the best thing for him.
However knowing WWE they will finally turn Reigns heel, and then everyone would cheer for him out of spite.

They’ll probably save it for RAW like last time but it’d be great if Ambrose turned on Rollins at the end of the TLC match kind of like what they did with Zayn at HIAC.

If they're doing a Jinder/Lesnar match at Survivor Series, then Finn needs to leave. They're wasting his character and seem to have no interest in pushing him forward.

Ambrose is definitely turning on Rollins, and that's good.

I can't believe it's been 5 years and they're just now getting those guys in their natural habitats, with Ambrose as the heel and Rollins as the face. And while it was neat to see Rollins work heel and he did a good job, bless his heart, Dean Ambrose can only work heel. He should never work face again.

Ambrose can pull off anti-hero and get pops, but he's never gonna be able to pull off straight babyface.

Nobody needs to be near Lesnar. He'll be booked like a monster until he loses to Reigns at WM.

In other news, Nia got mad and stormed off last night. Say what you want about creative, but she's not good enough to bitch just yet. Hell, Piper Niven is a much better big woman. Jax doesn't have the cache to live off Indy cash.

Speaking of...

Cody does well on the Indy scene because there aren't many big names. If everyone leaves there will be a glut and they won't be able to earn a shitload on the Indy scene.

Stupid carnies.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT