ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Story on ESPN says reps around Flair that once downplayed the situation are now begging for support.

Unreal.

giphy.gif

Surprised they didn't wait for Summerslam to have Neville drop the belt - felt like he held on to it for a long time to just drop it on RAW.

I can't believe how shook Cass got tonight. Man, apparently Enzo is more over then the powers that be realize. No idea why the crowd was so against Cass but he struggled with that reception.

I can't believe how shook Cass got tonight. Man, apparently Enzo is more over then the powers that be realize. No idea why the crowd was so against Cass but he struggled with that reception.
Well it was in Boston and he's from NYC.

Surprised they didn't wait for Summerslam to have Neville drop the belt - felt like he held on to it for a long time to just drop it on RAW.
Also I liked that Tazawa won this match. A bit of a shocker for what should be a predictable episode of Raw and gave the win a little more meaning and notice then getting loss in the 6hr shuffle of Summerslam

Is rattings slang for what "the boys" did to the "rats" back in the day?
Oh man...that probably means "smark the turnbuckle" has no impact on you either.

The late 2000s on this thread were fun.

* If this crap going down in Charlottesville doesn't prove that heel vs. heel matches don't draw, nothing will.

Bcf in hysteric telling LD to MOVE TO ATLANTA!!!11!!!1 when he got so mad at him for telling him he was using wrestling carny oddly (e.g., smarking the turnbuckle) roughly 10 years ago is my all-time favorite.

Reactions: GhostVol
What the hell just happened with Corbin?!? I thought for sure he was cashing in at summerslam

I missed it, but touch Corbin.

I guess they figured Nakamura winning and Corbin cashing was too predictable.

BKH is right - we have to have a babyface. Or at least someone to cheer.

I didn't think Vince cared what was predictable or what the fans think.

Most of what Vince does is predictable.

I didn't think Vince cared what was predictable or what the fans think.

Most of what Vince does is predictable.
I'm thinking they did this so the match against Cena at Summerslam means more. Besides Styles/Owens and maybe the tag title match, all of the Smackdown matches are brand new rivalries that just got created in a very short time. There's really no heat to them or much of a storyline.

I'm thinking they did this so the match against Cena at Summerslam means more. Besides Styles/Owens and maybe the tag title match, all of the Smackdown matches are brand new rivalries that just got created in a very short time. There's really no heat to them or much of a storyline.
I agree. I think with this move last night they've made two matches worth watching now. I don't have to worry about Corbin coming in and screwing Shinsuke outta the title. Also the match with Cena is gonna have a lot of heat. Cena is leaving to go shoot his movie right? So what better way to explain he's gone then have Corbin just destroy him. They've already used the Hollywood route twice in one year, so just say he's beat badly and is out due to injuries.

I agree. I think with this move last night they've made two matches worth watching now. I don't have to worry about Corbin coming in and screwing Shinsuke outta the title. Also the match with Cena is gonna have a lot of heat. Cena is leaving to go shoot his movie right? So what better way to explain he's gone then have Corbin just destroy him. They've already used the Hollywood route twice in one year, so just say he's beat badly and is out due to injuries.

Yup I agree Corbin probably goes over then Cena returns on RAW down the road...then what do you do with Corbin? Have him feud with Orton or one of the champs?

definitely orton, this rusev/orton feud is a joke and should be on the pre show. Have Nakumara/Owens and Jinder/Gable? Rusev/Styles?

Also this discussion might be all for naught because there's a rumor there might be another superstar shakeup after Summerslam.

On top of that I heard there's discussion about sending talent down to NXT such as talent that needs more development or not really being used on the current roster.

It's not WWE related, but in my introduction thread I said I've written about wrestling before. I still do actually. Here is a link if you guys want to check it out.

Finally got a chance to watch Smackdown...can't believe they had Corbin try to cash in and then fail. That puts him up there in Damien Sandow territory and I guess Cena as the only ones to fail on cashing in.

Read they moved the Usos and New Day to the pre-game show on Sunday night. Makes no sense.

Finally got a chance to watch Smackdown...can't believe they had Corbin try to cash in and then fail. That puts him up there in Damien Sandow territory and I guess Cena as the only ones to fail on cashing in.

Read they moved the Usos and New Day to the pre-game show on Sunday night. Makes no sense.

That's pretty messed up - that's one of the better feuds going. Just shows WWE's diminished value of the tag belts.

ADVERTISEMENT