ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

The only disconcerting thing about Shinsuke is I've heard three different guys on their podcasts: Edge, Christian, and Austin all say Shinsuke is coasting with his work in WWE. I don't know if that's a WWE match structural issue OR those guys see something non-workers don't.

Of course, those same guys all say Orton is amazing and that guy has been phoning in matches for the better part of five years.

Of course, those same guys all say Orton is amazing and that guy has been phoning in matches for the better part of five years.
Fun fact: Randy Orton is wrestlers' favorite wrestler. I like Randy Orton all right. Wrestlers LOVE Randy Orton. To the point that a couple of them probably jumped off the roof when he lost the title.

Fun fact: Randy Orton is wrestlers' favorite wrestler. I like Randy Orton all right. Wrestlers LOVE Randy Orton. To the point that a couple of them probably jumped off the roof when he lost the title.
What wrestler wouldn't love Randy Orton? Almost guaranteed main event spot + barely have to work

What wrestler wouldn't love Randy Orton? Almost guaranteed main event spot + barely have to work
Even guys who I've never seen work Randy Orton love Randy Orton. A couple years back when Brian Kendrick and Paul London did their famous shoot interview where they got super high and buried a ton of guys (Hey there, Deuce Snuka!), they put over Randy Orton something crazy.

They could have smoked weed with him, I guess.

Something you probably wouldn't believe without looking it up regarding the Smackdown Championship scene: Baron Corbin is older than Jinder Mahal.

I tend to forget just how young Jinder was when he got his start.

Orton damn near murdered the Singhs, didn't he?

He dropped one of those lollipop guild kids on the back of his neck through a table and knew it right away. Didn't hear a peep about Vince getting pissed with that. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but doubtful.

According to a report at Fightful, Ronda Rousey's interest in a pro wrestling run has picked up steam and she has sent out feelers to WWE expressing her desire.

-- The report adds that WWE and likely Triple H referred Rousey to Brian Kendrick in Southern California for training purposes. While she has already taken some "basic bumps", the buzz backstage was that her official training would begin soon.

-- As noted over the past few months, WWE would certainly be open to having Rousey join the company but as far as we know, any wrestling match would almost certainly be saved for WrestleMania. They were actually interested in having her at WrestleMania 33 this past April, but nixed any ideas after Rousey's loss at UFC 207 in December.

The four horsewomen vs the four horsewomen of UFC on Survivor series?

Don't know if you all saw this but TNT used Ric Flair to do the intro for their PGA Coverage...It is pretty cool.

15 years ago it was SummerSlam 2002 and if WM 17 had never happened, this might be the best wrestling show I have ever seen. The "worst" match was Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho. That means it's good. And it's a show that can be replicated today with just a little better writing. SS 2002 didn't rely heavily on angles or promos except for the Shawn Michaels return match. And there wasn't a ton of super star power besides Rock, who the crowd was turning on because he was leaving to film the Scorpion King. Everybody just let their wrestling do the talking

The big spot in the HHH/ Shawn Michaels match was a backbreaker...
That sell though...

HHH+backbreaker+to+HBK.gif

This specific move has been in the SmackDown games ever since. Also, Shawn and Triple H should never have wrestled again after this. Diminishing return and what not.

Reactions: CoreyDavis
Oh I wasn't being critical. Just proof that with proper storytelling something as simple as that can be awesome. He didn't do a 900 flip off the top of the arena. Just took a backbreaker, and people lost their mind.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
That sell though...

HHH+backbreaker+to+HBK.gif

This specific move has been in the SmackDown games ever since. Also, Shawn and Triple H should never have wrestled again after this. Diminishing return and what not.

For someone with such an injured back he sure did flop around/move his back a lot.

You sure wrestling ain't fake?

Did Shibata get that "We're sorry we made you almost kill yourself in the ring but we're glad you're not dead" babyface reaction?

ADVERTISEMENT