ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

So it looks like WWE is negotiating for LaVar Ball to make an appearance on Monday Night RAW this week since they will be in L.A.

So it looks like WWE is negotiating for LaVar Ball to make an appearance on Monday Night RAW this week since they will be in L.A.
He's instantly the best promo in the company. Get Screamin A Smith on there and you have two legit workers at the peak of their game. I'm all for it

Hey everyone back from a nice vacation to Virginia.

If WWE wants to get Roman over as a face they should just have Roman spear and knock out Lavar, instant baby face.

You guys see Mauro Ronallo is now going to be the announcer for NXT. I can get behind that.

Watched last week's NXT haven't bothered with MITB yet.

Lavar Ball telling Steph McHoot to 'stay in her lane' would be the best thing to happen to wrestling since Paul Roma retired.

Reactions: GhostVol
If Russo was booking they'd have Mickie James kick him in the crotch!
And then he would kick her in the crotch. Then there would be a tag match where one of them gets whipped into the corner and the other one gets whipped into that person, falls down on their back and then the one flops face first into their crotch.

AKA the Sting spot.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
So the G1 draw has been completed and Okada and Omega are in the same block so in tye not too distant future we will get Okada/Omega 3.

So the G1 draw has been completed and Okada and Omega are in the same block so in tye not too distant future we will get Okada/Omega 3.
7 stars! 7 out of 5. They'll pull a swerve in the G1 match and save the big stuff for the Tokyo Dome show in January. Probably have Omega win too.

Went back and watched Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne from the Chicago NXT show again. That might still be my favorite match of 2017, and it wasn't even in the Tokyo Dome. No finisher spam. Bate couldn't hit his finisher because he couldn't lift Dunne from where his back and arm had been worked over. Dunne hit his crappy finisher one time and won.

The way it's supposed to be.

7 stars! 7 out of 5. They'll pull a swerve in the G1 match and save the big stuff for the Tokyo Dome show in January. Probably have Omega win too.

Went back and watched Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne from the Chicago NXT show again. That might still be my favorite match of 2017, and it wasn't even in the Tokyo Dome. No finisher spam. Bate couldn't hit his finisher because he couldn't lift Dunne from where his back and arm had been worked over. Dunne hit his crappy finisher one time and won.

The way it's supposed to be.
If it had been a NJPW match in Tokyo - 43 stars.

Does anyone watch NXT? I thought that Black vs Ohno match was simply amazing. A hard hitting match that was promised to be a hard hitting match. Great stuff! Black has all the makings to be a superstar if McMahon doesn't screw him up and make him a mid card to Reigns.

Does anyone watch NXT? I thought that Black vs Ohno match was simply amazing. A hard hitting match that was promised to be a hard hitting match. Great stuff! Black has all the makings to be a superstar if McMahon doesn't screw him up and make him a mid card to Reigns.

McMahon will screw up any/all NXT talent. I really want a long Black vs. Balor feud. I could see that being magic.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
Have we discussed the guy working Mexico as a Trump supporter? Huge heat for him.

il_340x270.732843382_4i79.jpg

Given how big the cruiserweight division got, one could add Art Barr to the list of "what could have been" guys. Art died like a week after he signed his WCW contract.

frog-splash.gif

DAT FROG SPLASH.

More often than not NXT talent hasn't been booked properly which was the jist of the article I posted with HHH venting a couple weeks ago but hard to say and/all namely because of...
Alexa Bliss
Charlotte
Sasha until recently but were waiting out the Bayley feud so they just kept her busy

Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Seth Rollins
Nakamura
Etc.

Also to another extent John Cena who came from OVW

Vince has a hard enough time getting wrestling right nowadays, usually it happens in spite of himself. When he ventures out into non-wrestling for mainstream attention, it's always a disaster.

That said, you know LaVar will be on SportsCenter tomorrow.

Lesnar face turns purple when he tries to put a shirt on.

And then The Revival break up a fight ...

giphy.gif

That segment may have been even worse than the Bayley/Bliss segment a while back. However I will give Lavar credit for getting out there and promoting his kids and his brand.

LaVar seems to have filled his 2 biggest life goals in the last 2 weeks - kudos to him...
-lonzo to lakers
-get on wwe tv

If it was the attitude era you know he would have taken a stone cold stunner and it would have been glorious.

That segment may have been even worse than the Bayley/Bliss segment a while back. However I will give Lavar credit for getting out there and promoting his kids and his brand.
NCAA may be interested in this as the youngest was there or no?

And....

Guy in bear suit should have laid LaVar out. Chair, piledriver, etc. Removes head - Steve Alford.

Allowing LaVar Ball on WWE last night really killed a lot of my admiration for that brand. That's dumpster diving and it just encourages that trash family.

I'm honestly more interested in ROH/NJPW right now and that was a good reminder

More thoughts about women's matches....

Sasha v Alexa - makes my loins tingle. Bra and panties with them is fine. Also is this the first time Sasha has been the bigger competitor?

MITB showed how limited comparatively the women are to the men. Ellsworth took the biggest bump. Nobody hit by a ladder. Great finish. Happy that Carmella won. Hope she successfully cashes.

More thoughts about women's matches....

Sasha v Alexa - makes my loins tingle. Bra and panties with them is fine. Also is this the first time Sasha has been the bigger competitor?

MITB showed how limited comparatively the women are to the men. Ellsworth took the biggest bump. Nobody hit by a ladder. Great finish. Happy that Carmella won. Hope she successfully cashes.
Agree totally. Not ONE pull of the tights at any moment with both Natalya and Charlotte involved in this match. Guess Sasha is the only woman willing to take a wedgie, but she's on Raw.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT