ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

[laughing] Perfect's sell.

It probably wasn't much of a sell because Norton always laid them in stiff, but what a great bump.

I love Norton's "bitch please" face and tongue bite after the chop. It was ... absolutely Perfect

Not to be outdone, from the same match, here's Flair pretending he's infected with a Chestburster from Alien

flair-selling-norton-splash.gif

This spot that was in 80% of Warrior's matches. Why?

giphy.gif

"Hey let's run the ropes a few times perpendicular to each other and then next one of us will lay down while the other keeps running and hops over. Then the one that was laying down will pop up and chest block the runner. Then we'll stare at each other a bit and do it again except the other guy will do the laying down and popping up routine"

Last edited:
Dang, son...

x.gif

I don't hate Triple H as much as 90% of internet wrestling dudes, but he can't bust a spine like AA, and when announcers invoke the name of AA on the move, it's outright blasphemy.

Only dude whose ability to bust a spine and belong in the same sentence as AA is Ron Simmons.

tumblr_nj3vufK8VK1s27mg6o1_250.gif

RonSimmons-Spinebuster.gif~c200

cactus+ramp.gif

I mean, let's be clear; no one in that ring is good on the mic. Becky has the most charisma, but as bad as the men's scripts are, the women get the absolute worst of the worst and none of them are good enough to overcome it.

As soon as the women lost the privilege of dropping scandalous pronouns, they were doomed...

'bla bla bla, #1 contender...[bitch] [whore] [skank].'

Effectiveness gone.

How hard can you power bomb Rey Mysterio?

Iceman

Xdu8ZRk.jpg

Eddie

Eddie+Guerrero+powerbomb+to+Rey+Mysterio.gif

Brock

KLCq8hF.gif

Eddie again

powerbomb.gif

Ultimo

okZa7DB.gif

Juvi

qGWFozL.gif

And here's Benoit with the power bomb on Eddie. Kinda makes you think he was capable.

QBMAWzn.gif

I don't see the being deal with ignorant, stupid, backwards rules that don't make any sense.

It is a TEXAS Death Match, after all.

And the rules of that match made it HORRIBLE. You have to try to screw up Vader vs. Cactus Jack, and they did.

Big Dave loved it though.

6edusi.jpg

Reactions: TransyCat09
Raven is just *kiss fingers* mwah
I'm ready to pick a fight with LD.

WCW Raven >>>>> ECW Raven

It's like the infamous McMahon filter for Vince Russo. WCW focused Raven's character better, plus he had better opponents.

I didn't watch ECW until much later so, that's out there. That said, I thought the Dreamer and Sandman stuff was, idk, not my style.

Like you said, his WCW stuff was more focused (originally). His Benoit and DDP feuds were unreal. He had so much effing heat for doing basically nothing

I didn't watch ECW until much later so, that's out there. That said, I thought the Dreamer and Sandman stuff was, idk, not my style.

Like you said, his WCW stuff was more focused (originally). His Benoit and DDP feuds were unreal. He had so much effing heat for doing basically nothing
I think WWE could stand to debut a new heel in the same way that WCW debuted Raven, which is to say put him in the audience and have him refuse to wrestle for months, and then when he finally agrees to wrestle, the matches can only be under his specifically requested stipulations. That to me is genius.

Putting Sandman on a cross in front of his 8-year old son is goofy, even for wrestling.

And now a montage of a thing I mark out for.

Owen+Hart+suplexes+Tanaka.gif

6OUmxpP.gif

tumblr_n0ctw8F0iF1qec8dto1_250.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOO I DID IT AGAIN

Everything I watched of Raven in ECW was in retrospect. So I don't know if watching live in that era is partly what makes people majorly grade ECW Raven > WCW Raven. My first time I saw Raven was in WCW, so I just thought he was great as that. Inevitably my friend with the satellite the size of his dad's truck would always say, 'He's so watered down here!' So one day he brings me a tape with tons of recorded ECW stuff. I watched it, and I preferred WCW Raven...it was more badass, less EMO. The only difference was added innuendo and Raven worked as mental as opposed to a physical manipulator. WCW got more with less: Raven Rule's, quality star building mid-card program after program, and simple gimmicky catch phrases.

The plus side to the tape from my friend, was I finally got to see RVD who I only knew from New Wave Wrestling Magazines. RVD is total opposite of Raven in the same regard. The minute WWE took the mic from RVD none of it mattered as much. He was so underrated as a talker.

After Foley's anti-hardcore gimmick, the "I'm too good to be here and will gladly sell out for more money from WCW or WWF" gimmick had to be the most perfect, and easy to get over thing for a heel in ECW

ROH title has changed hands more in the past year than it did (seemingly) the previous 5 years. They need to regain stability.

Cody is a great one to put it on. He's a star with a big name and he faces Okada at G1 next week. That will be amazing.

I think ROH had to make some moves because they were trying to keep guys and were also losing guys so it forced their hand. After Lethal's yearlong reign, they put it back on their most popular guy Adam Cole. Then to try and keep O'Reilly from leaving and getting him to sign, they put it on him in December.

Kyle wouldn't sign so they had him drop it back. Then Cole was basically leaving and they gave Daniels his moment for a few months before putting it on Rhodes.

Also, Bobby Fish showed up in NXT last night. WWE poached another talent. I love WWE but always hate seeing them gobble up everyone like they're the Yankees.

Reactions: GhostVol
ROH title has changed hands more in the past year than it did (seemingly) the previous 5 years. They need to regain stability.
I give them credit for still existing after 15 years, thereby outliving both ECW and Turner-owned WCW, but if you look at them now, you could hardly believe they were the same company where Eddie Guerrero launched his sobriety comeback tour and Kenta Kobashi tore the house down with Samoa Joe.

In the mid-2000s when Gabe Sapolsky had the book and hadn't bought into his own hype, they might have been putting on the best shows in the world pound for pound.

Then Age of the Fall happened. Then Gabe got fired. Then world champion Davey Richards happened.

ADVERTISEMENT