ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

[laughing] @ Disco Inferno in the Wolfpac because he wanted to be cool and fit in, and that was the actual angle.

wc22w7.jpg

Been wanting to use that one ^^^ for a while

Biggest surprise of that sequence? Super Calo not killing himself or someone else and La Parka not stiffing the shit out of him for it. I'm sure it happened soon after, though

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I have a propensity towards liking pasty Englishmen #nohomo, so I'm a big fan of Zack Sabre Jr. Watching his match with Hirooki Goto on AXS right now.

Big thumbs up

Because, it's probably 75% work but I still believe it. It's what wrestling should be

Finally listened to the clip. The full one. From this week. He did another one last week.:rolleyes:

It's 100% work. If it had one percentage of shoot to it, a man wouldn't be able to function in society.

Brian Last is one of my really good friends, we talk every other day...it's not a work.

This is the most HTM story of all time. The carniest carny this side of the partially digested funnel cake covered tilt-a-whirl

Too much WCW chatter but I'll tell this story.

Tony Schiavone said on his podcast that Flair would tie balloons to his dick and put candles on it and go up to wrestlers' wives on their birthdays and tell them to blow out the candles.

Tony also said that he came over to Ric's house one day and Flair was piss drunk and just went down on a ring rat right in front of him.

I am reading Death of WCW right now though. A very good book that I recommend.

Now back to WWE/NXT. As far as handling of talent goes, the transition from a one hour weekly program (where you might not even be on it) to the main roster can be night and day especially if you can't be at the top of the card. Honestly though, which NXT guy is super capable of more but is currently being mishandled? Tyler Breeze is finally finding something that works for him.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Arn Anderson quote as repeated by Schiavone:

'Ric Flair is the best hand in the business because he has an extra with that baby arm between his pants.'

So we're all in agreement someone is going to get seriously hurt FLAT WRECKED during that Women's MITB match, right?

Honestly not even sure what's on the card tonight - only thing I care about is if Maria debuts tonight...
Predictions...
No title changes tonight
Carmella wins WMITB
Boring Corbin wins MMITB

You mean you didn't like the geeky manger getting the breifcase and the count out? What more could you ask.

I'm cool with heels cheating and all that and figured Ellsworth would have a hand in the win, however, him actually grabbing the briefcase was short sided booking.

Kudos to the ladies.

Tamina sucks something awful, but the rest outperformed the men with doing half as much.

The women were amazing. I'm 50/50 on the finish. She is a heel, but to have it finish that way is underselling the whole idea of it being the FIRST women's MITB match. I'm sure this is just setting up a new MITB at Smackdown.

It took WWE 6 months with Joe on the roster to have Roman spat that Joe isn't as Samoan as him.

Never would have imagined it taking that long.

Legit curious if the plan all along was to yank the briefcase or they did it b/c of all the negative response since the match.

QUESTION: Besides finisher/finisher kickout abuse, which we all hate, what's your least favorite spot in a wrestling match?

Here's mine.

wtfwt.gif

FLYING NOTHING INTO FOOT.

Hate it, hate, hate, hate it. I'm not one of these Bret Hart/Bill Watts/Antonio Inoki types where everything has to make sense in a match as if it were a fight (I mark for Flair going to the top rope every time), but this spot can kindly get pumped.

FLYING NOTHING INTO FOOT.

Hate it, hate, hate, hate it. I'm not one of these Bret Hart/Bill Watts/Antonio Inoki types where everything has to make sense in a match as if it were a fight (I mark for Flair going to the top rope every time), but this spot can kindly get pumped.

That spot always reminded me how I played all SNES/Genesis version of wrestling games...with RUTHLESS.......AGGRESSSSSSSION.

tumblr_n84cjinjlZ1rka1sjo1_500.gif

Chops have to be near the top of the list. The only exception is when the guy in the corner let's the other guy chop him to prove how strong he is or how ineffective the other guy's offense is (or both, see Viciously Delicious Scott Norton below). But just laying there with your arms over the ropes letting a guy smack your chest looks stupid as hell. Same goes for the ten count punches in the corner

hennig-sells-scott-norton-chop.gif

Reactions: BKH34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT