ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck vs. Shaq

Sorry, my man..but I don't see "Game 5" in this article. Only game 6. The other 6 games are just a matter of opinion/our opinion but game 6 was legit rigged for the Lakers..100%. That's all that matters.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Let’s parse a bit.

First, that’s an allegation. I happen to believe the allegation, but it isn’t fact or more “legit rigged” because of the word of a crooked ref.

Again, my opinion and the opinion of many is that games 5 and 6 were rigged in different directions. The allegations made by Donaghy bolster the opinion that game 6 was rigged, but they don’t make me think game 5 wasn’t. If anything, they strengthen the argument that a lot of games are/were rigged, and maybe I should trust what I saw with my own eyes.

Second, if you read the article you would know that Game 5 was mentioned . It was mentioned by Phil Jackson, who implied that something crooked was going on.

So why, may I ask, are you so bent out of shape about the possibility that game 5 was rigged for Sacramento, then game 6 was a makeup rigging for the Lakers? You aren’t the only one. I see a lot of anger and lack of rational reasoning on this subject. Flash the Purple and Gold and people can’t see straight.

Let’s parse a bit.

First, that’s an allegation. I happen to believe the allegation, but it isn’t fact or more “legit rigged” because of the word of a crooked ref.

Again, my opinion and the opinion of many is that games 5 and 6 were rigged in different directions. The allegations made by Donaghy bolster the opinion that game 6 was rigged, but they don’t make me think game 5 wasn’t. If anything, they strengthen the argument that a lot of games are/were rigged, and maybe I should trust what I saw with my own eyes.

Second, if you read the article you would know that Game 5 was mentioned . It was mentioned by Phil Jackson, who implied that something crooked was going on.

So why, may I ask, are you so bent out of shape about the possibility that game 5 was rigged for Sacramento, then game 6 was a makeup rigging for the Lakers? You aren’t the only one. I see a lot of anger and lack of rational reasoning on this subject. Flash the Purple and Gold and people can’t see straight.

I did read the article..of course Phil Jackson is going to be pro Lakers..he was their freakin Coach..lol But here is a question for you..a legit question. Why on Earth would they rig game 5 for Sacramento in a decision that would put the Kings just one win from the Finals vs. the Nets ? I mean, the Lakers are waaaaaay more historical than the all time lowly Kings, Lakers have a much bigger fanbase, Lakers have a ton of celebrity fans, the Lakers were going for a three Championships in a row, the Lakers had the TWO biggest names in the sport on their team with the biggest name Coach..they'd bring in a lot better ratings in the Finals than the Kings, etc....I just don't see why they would do such a thing.

I did read the article..of course Phil Jackson is going to be pro Lakers..he was their freakin Coach..lol But here is a question for you..a legit question. Why on Earth would they rig game 5 for Sacramento in a decision that would put the Kings just one win from the Finals vs. the Nets ? I mean, the Lakers are waaaaaay more historical than the all time lowly Kings, Lakers have a much bigger fanbase, Lakers have a ton of celebrity fans, the Lakers were going for a three Championships in a row, the Lakers had the TWO biggest names in the sport on their team with the biggest name Coach..they'd bring in a lot better ratings in the Finals than the Kings, etc....I just don't see why they would do such a thing.

Well they did, imo. Maybe they had money on the outcome? Maybe they had money on it going 7?

I watched the game and felt certain that the fix was in. Felt the same way in game 6. I’m a Laker fan, and have no trouble admitting that game 6 was rigged. Never could understand why so many have trouble admitting that game 5 was also.

Well they did, imo. Maybe they had money on the outcome? Maybe they had money on it going 7?

I watched the game and felt certain that the fix was in. Felt the same way in game 6. I’m a Laker fan, and have no trouble admitting that game 6 was rigged. Never could understand why so many have trouble admitting that game 5 was also.

Could it be that game 5 wasn't rigged but just a very poorly officiated game in the King's favor and game 6 was the makeup game in LA ? It could have also been rigged too for all I know. Regardless though..I am glad that you acknowledge that officiating in the NBA is crooked or was..and that the college game is even worse..much worse. If you remember, I was the one that said PJ Washington shooting 21 (Was it ?) free throws and all but two of our free throws in the entire 2nd Half vs. K-State was no coincidence..and I stick by that..and that the UK/UNC game in the Elite 8 the year before was just as horribly officiated for UK just in a completely different way..I stick by that too. Too many people here have their head in the sand..I'm glad you are one of the few that don't.

Reactions: Aike
Could it be that game 5 wasn't rigged but just a very poorly officiated game in the King's favor and game 6 was the makeup game in LA ? It could have also been rigged too for all I know. Regardless though..I am glad that you acknowledge that officiating in the NBA is crooked or was..and that the college game is even worse..much worse. If you remember, I was the one that said PJ Washington shooting 21 (Was it ?) free throws and all but two of our free throws in the entire 2nd Half vs. K-State was no coincidence..and I stick by that..and that the UK/UNC game in the Elite 8 the year before was just as horribly officiated for UK just in a completely different way..I stick by that too. Too many people here have their head in the sand..I'm glad you are one of the few that don't.

It’s possible that game 5 wasn’t “rigged,” but just called in Sacremento’s favor to a degree that it spiraled out of control.

I’d being lying if I said I knew for certain which games were rigged. But I’ve watched enough to recognize the telltale signs of refs attempting to exert their influence.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It’s possible that game 5 wasn’t “rigged,” but just called in Sacremento’s favor to a degree that it spiraled out of control.

I’d being lying if I said I knew for certain which games were rigged. But I’ve watched enough to recognize the telltale signs of refs attempting to exert their influence.

I know what you mean. It's there right in our face and sometimes it's very obvious but we just can't 100% prove it and it just makes you feel helpless when it's happening to your team. It's the worst when it's happening to UK though. I'm also a Braves fan and man oh man..the Braves got screwed royally in the 5th inning vs. the Cubs a couple of nights ago...by the umpires multiple times and even by the official MLB review people up in New York. It was a disgrace. If anybody can watch full replays of baseball games, feel free to see how bad that screw job was. I know it's baseball..a completely different sport..but shady and horrible and crooked officiating is everywhere..it's the worst in college basketball though.

I know what you mean. It's there right in our face and sometimes it's very obvious but we just can't 100% prove it and it just makes you feel helpless when it's happening to your team. It's the worst when it's happening to UK though. I'm also a Braves fan and man oh man..the Braves got screwed royally in the 5th inning vs. the Cubs a couple of nights ago...by the umpires multiple times and even by the official MLB review people up in New York. It was a disgrace. If anybody can watch full replays of baseball games, feel free to see how bad that screw job was. I know it's baseball..a completely different sport..but shady and horrible and crooked officiating is everywhere..it's the worst in college basketball though.

Lifelong Braves fan too, but I don’t follow it like I used to.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Lifelong Braves fan too, but I don’t follow it like I used to.

I don't blame you..the last few years have been atrocious but this year..26-16 so far. 1st Place in the NL East. They've only played one bad series all year, really..a sweep at home to the SF Giants..but the Giants almost always have our number. Ozzie Albies, Ender Inciarte, Ronald Acuna Jr., Nick Markakis..and of course, Freddie Freeman..they are hitting the cover off the ball. Albies and Acuna are Rookies but they are unreal. I think Albies is tied for most HRs in the NL, if I'm not mistaken. Pitching and bullpen are solid overall. We just gotta get the closer situation figured out..a two man job right now..lol

Ozzie and Acuna Jr...beasts so far. Whew.

ADVERTISEMENT