ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck vs. Shaq

You can''t compare the two.. It's like comparing a kid from a gated community to a child from the ghetto.. Barkley never had the opportunities Shaq had.

Shaq *was* the opportunity. But yes, he had better players around him. Chuck had some good teams around him too though. He just couldn't beat the other greats of his era.

Shaq *was* the opportunity. But yes, he had better players around him. Chuck had some good teams around him too though. He just couldn't beat the other greats of his era.

Yeah I think we'd all agree Shq was the better player.. But he just had a lot more help than Barkley had. His Rings argument is so tiresome. Shaq in general is tiresome.. and Barkley is far from the only guy that gets his panties in a bunch.

Shaq literally argues and injects like a 7 year old. And I also don't think he knows the game as well as Chuck, nor is he willing to call things/people out.

No contest for me. I'm on Chuck's nuts and I don't care who knows it!

Last edited:
Yeah I think we'd all agree Shq was the better player.. But he just had a lot more help than Barkley had. His Rings argument is so tiresome. Shaq in general is tiresome.. and Barkley is far from the only guy that gets his panties in a bunch.

Shaw literally argues and injects like a 7 year old. And I also don't think he knows the game as well as Chuck, nor is he willing to call things/people out.

No contest for me. I'm on Chuck's nuts and I don't care who knows it!

I think it’s funny that shaq’s main point is that you can’t just baby these players and everyone is out here acting like Shaq is the one wrong here. Yet when something happens here everyone’s all “they need to grow up, be a man, work hard and stop expecting things for free”. It’s hypocritical. If Shaq is wrong, then you agree with Charles basically saying the star player has to be coddled and babied and should get his way no matter what. That’s the point of shaq’s argument. Is that what you also disagree with? I love Charles. He cracks me up. Loved it when he said he wanted to punch Draymond in the face. But Shaq was right here in my opinion.

In a fight I'm taking Chuck. Shaq goes in thinking all he has to do is show up. Barkley probably fights like he rebounded the basketball. Charles wins after throwing Shaq through a window

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
So unprofessional by both of them. I like them both a lot but where's the etiquette and professionalism?

Reactions: Nubb16
It's one of the reasons it's great television--2 guys giving actual opinions, disagreeing and not afraid to get personal or share their true thoughts.

I side with Shaq on the debate in discussion. Coddling a phony "star" is laughable. Demar DeRozan should thank the current NBA market system for getting paid like he's something he's not. Same for Kyle Lowry. Toronto is not winning anything of relevance with them.

As for Shaq's argument compared to Barkley, he can talk of what it means to make sacrifices and accept role change. And Chuck is right about Miami where Wade and Mourning's defense off bench not mention officials in that series helped bring him 4th ring--but as great as Kobe was, Shaq was unreal in the NBA Playoffs and the most dominant force when he was in his prime. The fact is that he is one of the few people on the planet that can say he beat Michael Jordan in the postseason when Jordan was in his prime. Return from sabbatical or not, Orlando beat the Bulls and Shaq was a young player, so it was even more impressive.

And every championship team has guys you need to rely on--can't fault Shaq that he was surrounded by talent but he made game easier for those guys too. What has Wade done without Shaq and Lebron? Kobe was in rebuild post Shaq until Lakers got better talent to fit him in his prime. It goes hand in hand.

Key to the discussion is ALL of the players mentioned and the 2 arguing are at a different level like fakes like DeRozan.

I think it’s funny that shaq’s main point is that you can’t just baby these players and everyone is out here acting like Shaq is the one wrong here. Yet when something happens here everyone’s all “they need to grow up, be a man, work hard and stop expecting things for free”. It’s hypocritical. If Shaq is wrong, then you agree with Charles basically saying the star player has to be coddled and babied and should get his way no matter what. That’s the point of shaq’s argument. Is that what you also disagree with? I love Charles. He cracks me up. Loved it when he said he wanted to punch Draymond in the face. But Shaq was right here in my opinion.

I didn't see last nights comments, I'm behind there.. But i'm talking about every other night when he just whines, interjects, gets butt hurt and replies with "How many rings"

I'm firmly in Chuck's corner.. Shaq is such a woman it's not even funny.

I don't know about that !!

tenor.gif

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AlohaCat

@BBUK
@Cindog28

Chuck was a hell of a player. Not winning championships doesn’t make someone terrible. Chuck didn’t have anyone to play with for a large portion of his career and when he went to Houston he was way beyond his prime. Shaq and many others totally undersell chuck as a player. That said Shaq was a force. They’re both looked like idiots arguing like that’s though.

Has Shaq ever had an argument where he didn't gloat about his rings?

Good lord, man, we get it already, you won some championships, congrats. But that does not make your arguments correct nor the things you say sound any smarter.

Last edited:
The whole argument started from the false notion that Derozan is the best player on the Raptors. Some day, when that is commonly understood, they'll look back and laugh at the exchange.

I didn't see last nights comments, I'm behind there.. But i'm talking about every other night when he just whines, interjects, gets butt hurt and replies with "How many rings"

I hear ya. I can understand how either would rub people the wrong way.

The whole argument started from the false notion that Derozan is the best player on the Raptors. Some day, when that is commonly understood, they'll look back and laugh at the exchange.
He is the best player on the Raps and it isnt particularly close. If he isnt, who is?

ADVERTISEMENT