ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas movies...

Luckily my wife never watched them. But her best friend literally watches every hallmark Christmas movie 2-3 times.

I want to see the Hallmark movie about a guy who buys two cars for Christmas, the wife gets pissed and divorces him and takes the kids and he has to make two huge car payments and child support.

Look, if you like Christmas, it's not a terrible way to spend a Sunday.. Some are worse then others.

Is this gonna be our defacto "Christmas Movie" thread? If so, I want to make a bold claim right off the bat:

I'm tired of Christmas Vacation. It's great. It's a classic. But god damn, it's so played out at this point. I almost don't need to watch it when I can recite 90% of the movie. It's no longer in my top5. There, I said it.

Look, if you like Christmas, it's not a terrible way to spend a Sunday.. Some are worse then others.

Is this gonna be our defacto "Christmas Movie" thread? If so, I want to make a bold claim right off the bat:

I'm tired of Christmas Vacation. It's great. It's a classic. But god damn, it's so played out at this point. I almost don't need to watch it when I can recite 90% of the movie. It's no longer in my top5. There, I said it.
Agreed, but out of the big four (A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and It’s a Wonderful Life) it’s the only one that still keeps my attention.

Agreed, but out of the big four (A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and It’s a Wonderful Life) it’s the only one that still keeps my attention.

All greats... but there's a few that have just as much staying power for me: Scrooged (which is such a dark horse GOAT), Muppet Christmas Carol, Fred Claus.

I'm not saying they are better than CV, but I do think I'd rather watch those 3 right now.

New entry for Christmas Movie.. Kacey Musgraves Christmas Special.. for.. several reasons.

Hallmark Christmas movie script:

Workaholic business women from big city has to stop by her small hometown for Christmas where she reunites with her old flame, who is now a fireman and she realizes all she needs is his Yule log.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Hallmark Christmas movie script:

Workaholic business women from big city has to stop by her small hometown for Christmas where she reunites with her old flame, who is now a fireman and she realizes all she needs is his Yule log.
They did one where the guy turned out to be the real Santa. It really just needed some gratuitous nudity to be a classic for the ages.

Rare Exports is a Christmas classic because of how weird it is. Worth a watch if you like weird movies.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
This applies only to guys that are married, or live with their woman...

Who besides me thinks that the programmers, producers, and directors of all Haalmark Christmas movies need to break down, and buy a new script
Just get drunk and watch it’s a Charlie Brown Christmas. Works for me.

Reactions: UK82
Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.

I never loved this take. Die Hard is great, and it has a Christmas setting. But it's not a Christmas movie. It's just a bunch of people trying to be ironically cool. "Yeah, my favorite xmas movie has machine guns!" Shut the **** up, Steve, you order decaf coffee.

Same movie every time. Woman is in charge of some kind of pageant in the town. New guy moves in town. At first they don't get along. He eventually finds a way to help her out of a problem with the pageant. She realizes he's a great guy. They get together, the pageant goes off without a hitch and Christmas is saved.

fa39bdfb4593667d290eb73a326c027fce36d6c2.jpg

The most deadly occupation in America: Wife of a Hallmark Movie Dad.

75 percent of them died in some heartbreaking way before age 30, leaving flannel shirt-clad dad conveniently alone to raise his daughter -- just before he meets the attractive high-powered woman from the city who has it all -- and yet is lonely as hell.

I'm admittedly a complete pussy loser, but Love Actually gets a couple of plays every year around Christmas time

Normally I refuse to watch anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But the night before my niece wanted to watch Elf and I couldn't say no. Love that movie.

I still love It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol—the original and the version with george c scott. and of course A Christmas Story, and a few others.

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.
I never loved this take. Die Hard is great, and it has a Christmas setting. But it's not a Christmas movie. It's just a bunch of people trying to be ironically cool. "Yeah, my favorite xmas movie has machine guns!" Shut the **** up, Steve, you order decaf coffee.

What makes something a Christmas movie? Is there a rule that says you can't kill a bunch of terrorists that take over a Christmas party on Christmas Eve or it isn't a Christmas movie?

Die Hard is a Christmas movie evidence.

2VJ.gif

giphy-3-1.gif
die-hard.gif

9OnxeRS.gif

4PDlSYd.gif

8. Then you just have the whole plot. Couple is having relationship issues after the wife moves to another city for work. She invites him to come out for Christmas and see her and the kids and to try and fix those issues. They run into some obstacles along the way that put roadblocks into the plan. He overcomes those obstacles to have a happily ever after moment. Sounds like a Christmas movie story to me if you don't mention the terrorists.

What makes something a Christmas movie? Is there a rule that says you can't kill a bunch of terrorists that take over a Christmas party on Christmas Eve or it isn't a Christmas movie?

2VJ.gif

giphy-3-1.gif
die-hard.gif

9OnxeRS.gif

4PDlSYd.gif

8. Then you just have the whole plot. Couple is having relationship issues after the wife moves to another city for work. She invites him to come out for Christmas and see her and the kids and to try and fix those issues. They run into some obstacles along the way that put roadblocks into the plan. He overcomes those obstacles to have a happily ever after moment. Sounds like a Christmas movie story to me if you don't mention the terrorists.

I totally see why people categorize it as a Christmas movie. But again, I think the "Die Hard is my favorite XMAS movie" is played out byt people trying to be edgy. It's an AMAZING movie, and it has Christmas elements.

.. but it's also a movie you watch all year round.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982

Me and my wife watched 2 of these Hallmark/Lifetime type Christmas movies together yesterday. She is in a much better mood today as it was some quality bonding time.

My wife would agree with you but not me.

"Now I have a machinegun too, HO, HO, HO".

Enough said.

Reactions: KyCatFan

2VJ.gif

giphy-3-1.gif
die-hard.gif

9OnxeRS.gif

4PDlSYd.gif

BINGO.

@warrior-cat hey, you should watch that Kacey Musgraves special with misses... trust me, it's..

7b79d4be1e5cef255af9c81dfb5367d4.gif

I watched it like 3 times and then when I put it on for my parents when they came over the GF goes "Yeah, he's seen it like 4 times, He just likes it cause Kacey's cleavage is out for half of it" lmfao. caught. red-handed.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I won't fight this one too much. If someone wants it to be their Christmas movie, have at it. It's a great movie anyways.
It was more tongue in cheek for me but, I do like it and watch it every Christmas and do understand the reason it would not be considered a Christmas movie.

Reactions: TurnipDaBeet
Speaking of actors/singers Christmas specials, I kinda like this trend. Bill Murray's was soooo excellent. They have great music, you don't really need to pay attention to them.

I don't have a problem with people calling Die Hard a christmas movie, but I don't consider it one. When I think of a Christmas movie I think of something that I ONLY want to watch around Christmas. I've never been sitting at home in the middle of July and gone "Man I really need to watch Christmas Vacation"!

I don't have a problem with people calling Die Hard a christmas movie, but I don't consider it one. When I think of a Christmas movie I think of something that I ONLY want to watch around Christmas. I've never been sitting at home in the middle of July and gone "Man I really need to watch Christmas Vacation"!
I have when I needed that Christmas in July feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT