ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Oats with a Serious Medical Issue

Hoping for healthy recovery.

I interpret a request for privacy includes request not to speculate. Leads to rumors.
There wouldn't be rumors if the issue was public. Keeping it private, which is fine, is what leads to rumors; i.e., people are going to speculate when data is withheld.

There wouldn't be rumors if the issue was public. Keeping it private, which is fine, is what leads to rumors; i.e., people are going to speculate when data is withheld.

Since when are the targets of rumors responsible for the people that start them? Wtf happened to expectations of privacy and minding your own dmn business? Gossip is the responsibility of the person starting it.

People will speculate regardless of what you tell them and it is the speculators that are responsible for their imaginings, not those targeted.

Since when are the targets of rumors responsible for the people that start them? Wtf happened to expectations of privacy and minding your own dmn business? Gossip is the responsibility of the person starting it.

People will speculate regardless of what you tell them and it is the speculators that are responsible for their imaginings, not those targeted.
Your first line in your second paragraph was his point as I read it. I don’t think he was blaming the Oats family. At least he shouldn’t have been. If so, that’s uncalled for. The Oats family deserves their privacy if they don’t want to make it public.

I hate to hear that Oats is in serious condition. I truly hope he’ll pull through and be ok.

Reactions: Girthang

Didn't say family needs to make issue public. In fact, said the opposite. But the result will be gossip/speculation - as you confirmed. Not sure what the hell your point might be.

Reactions: Girthang
Too young to have to worry about this stuff. I feel for the young man and his family.

Reactions: The-Hack
Your first line in your second paragraph was his point as I read it. I don’t think he was blaming the Oats family. At least he shouldn’t have been. If so, that’s uncalled for. The Oats family deserves their privacy if they don’t want to make it public.

I hate to hear that Oats is in serious condition. I truly hope he’ll pull through and be ok.

I hope so, but it didn't read that way to me. He's not usually that type that would blame those wanting privacy.

Didn't say family needs to make issue public. In fact, said the opposite. But the result will be gossip/speculation - as you confirmed. Not sure what the hell your point might be.

You said "there wouldn't be rumors... if it was public..."

Bs. There are rumors regardless and we see it all around us. If that was your way of saying the opposite, it didn't come across that way.

I know you're not usually like that, so it surprised me to read it. If you didn't mean it like it read, my apologies. It still reads the same to me now.

Reactions: vhcat70
Think he has COVID-19?
"The family has asked us to confirm that the issue is not related to COVID-19," the spokeswoman wrote in a statement. "Chris is expected to move to a physical rehabilitation center in the near future. The family requests that their privacy be respected during this time."

This definitely does not sound good. Suspect that he has been hospitalized for more than a week if he is now ready for rehabilitation. At his age group meningitis or encephalitis are my first thought in the absence of trauma/head injury. You also worry about blood clots / stroke or some type of cerebral aneurysm which while more common in older age groups can occur in twenty year olds. All of these can be life threatening so it is good news if he is being transferred.
Why would you speculate what this kid may have that has put him in the hospital. You have no information. This is BS in my view. You have a name that acts as if you are an MD. Are you? People will take this and run with it. I think you are being irresponsible.

Why would you speculate what this kid may have that has put him in the hospital. You have no information. This is BS in my view. You have a name that acts as if you are an MD. Are you? People will take this and run with it. I think you are being irresponsible.
If he is a Dr., he has an educated opinion. That said, there aren't too many things sending a strong 20 year old to the hospital and then rehab.

So an an individual gives you factual information to consider is BS and is now being irresponsible?? WOW a new level of “I don’t want to learn”but hate everyone who knows and helps are coming into existence

For someone his age and physical standing, it's scary that he will need to transfer to an inpatient rehab. This means he has been severely affected physically or mentally by whatever has happened to him. You don't typically see guys like him needing to go to rehab.

Kid that young and in that physical condition makes me think stroke especially with the rehab talk and the no longer playing football stuff. Hope not but rehab status is worrisome

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
I get the privacy and understand it absolutely but us football fans feel a closer connection with these guys because they are here longer. We just want him to be well first then see how things progress.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
When someone says “please respect my privacy”, I interpret that as “please don’t ask me about this as I don’t wish to discuss it “. But you are kidding yourself if you think that will shut down the wondering and talk.
I expect when the family wants to release information, they will as is their right.
At the end of the day BBN is concerned and wants the best for Chris.

KSR said this morning that the health issue started over two weeks ago. He’s doing better today than he was but it’s still “very, very serious”. Also said football isn’t even being thought about right now.

Whatever happens clearly was something major.

Regardless, I hope and pray he makes it through this.

Reactions: jgraf_1
KSR said this morning that the health issue started over two weeks ago. He’s doing better today than he was but it’s still “very, very serious”. Also said football isn’t even being thought about right now.
So how does KSR have that much information if it's supposed to be so hush hush?

Almost has to be meningitis right? (Hopefully not spinal) Or an awful case of mono.

Can't imagine what else could start about two weeks ago and now result in him being in a rehab facility.

Two weeks isn't enough time to atrophy to the level of requiring rehab for someone like that. Almost has to be spinal meningitis.

Whatever it is, hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Reactions: doc4UK
Almost has to be meningitis right? (Hopefully not spinal) Or an awful case of mono.

Can't imagine what else could start about two weeks ago and now result in him being in a rehab facility.

Two weeks isn't enough time to atrophy to the level of requiring rehab for someone like that. Almost has to be spinal meningitis.

You generally don't need rehab for mono.

This a bad situation whatever it is. Everything is hush hush, but quite a bit of speculation going on. Is this 100% illness or could it be some type of injury? One of our former players flipped an ATV and lost his hand an NFL career. Mohamed Masiquoi,(sp). Now I know nothing, and rehab could be needed for an illness, but an injury of some kind seems more likely, and probably better for him. Rehab from relatively short term illness would be something a major illness.

injury of some kind seems more likely

Only reason I think it isn't an injury is the language about it starting two days ago. To me if it was an injury, it wouldn't start. It would just happen.

Other possibility I guess is diverticulitis.

Just know way to know.

I was criticized earlier in this thread with offering an opinion based on information the family had released. The adjective "very serious" medical situation is what concerns me the most as a physician.

ADVERTISEMENT