ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Oats with a Serious Medical Issue

The family is asking for privacy, as much as we would all like to have more info. We should respect the family wishes and let them have their privacy.

Horrible news! I guess it's good to hear he's moving to a rehabilitation center. So while serious hopefully they have it under control.

Obviously football takes a step back. It'll always be there for him once he gets better.

I saw a comment on FB & the guy said he’s not supposed to say anything & didn’t go into detail but added that Chris would be fine but playing again might be a stretch. Idk who the guy is or what he knows...just thought I’d share what I saw.

Patiently waited his turn. This is awful. Very good player and was really improving. Just needed a little more weight to be an All SEC candidate.
Sure hope he recovers. Seems like a nice young man. Like to see him back in blue.

I saw a comment on FB & the guy said he’s not supposed to say anything & didn’t go into detail but added that Chris would be fine but playing again might be a stretch. Idk who the guy is or what he knows...just thought I’d share what I saw.

He is one of my favorites. Remember watching this kid wreak havoc against A&M who was and still is very talented. I pray that’s not the case

Best wishes to Chris. Things like this make you think about how insignificant in life sports can be. Get well, fella; don't even think about the game right now.

Peace

Reactions: Mr.Morris
Will be praying for him. Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

Horrible news! I guess it's good to hear he's moving to a rehabilitation center. So while serious hopefully they have it under control.

Obviously football takes a step back. It'll always be there for him once he gets better.
Rehabilitation center is really bad news. Suggests that it is far from under control.

Terrible.

Rehabilitation suggests he is relearning mobility. Cant be good.

dammit
Praying for Chris Oats and his family. Quality of life is all that matters at such times. Get well Chris.

The kid has waited his turn. The KSR report gives no information except it isn't COVID, but the family's request for privacy is interesting. Rehab can mean almost anything. Serious medical illness covers a lot of ground. Serious illnesses overcome by Schlarman, Paschal, Horsey give hope. Oats has a redshirt available. Wish him only the best.

This definitely does not sound good. Suspect that he has been hospitalized for more than a week if he is now ready for rehabilitation. At his age group meningitis or encephalitis are my first thought in the absence of trauma/head injury. You also worry about blood clots / stroke or some type of cerebral aneurysm which while more common in older age groups can occur in twenty year olds. All of these can be life threatening so it is good news if he is being transferred.

This definitely does not sound good. Suspect that he has been hospitalized for more than a week if he is now ready for rehabilitation. At his age group meningitis or encephalitis are my first thought in the absence of trauma/head injury. You also worry about blood clots / stroke or some type of cerebral aneurysm which while more common in older age groups can occur in twenty year olds. All of these can be life threatening so it is good news if he is being transferred.
I was thinking stroke but whatever it is sounds bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT