ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Livingston

No way on earth Bradshaw only plays 7 mpg.
I don’t know how many minutes he’ll play, but he’s clearly a Center – a young undeveloped one at that, both physically and skill wise (although I think his skills are ahead of most high school 7 footers). He doesn’t have a really strong frame, but the reports are that he’ll fight in the post. He can run and block shots, and if not pushed around I think he can rebound next season. Offensively he can dunk lobs and I think he shoots ok from the foul line area. He’s got a lot of someday upside, but I wouldn’t expect him to be a real post presence next season or provide much scoring generally. Try playing him at PF and I think we can rejoice with the return of stagnant offense.

In my opinion, he’s a great get if he stays until he’s “ready” to contribute at the next level. But as an OAD (which I think is probable) he doesn’t excite me much. Will he be significantly better than Onyenso – at least for what the team needs from its Center next season? Will he even be a bigger plus as a freshman than Collins or Ware will be as upperclassmen? I don’t know, but my expectations are not high.

He had 8 points in the first half. It's CAL'S job to adjust his offense to help create situations for him to score. That's any coach's job. If Cal can't do that and then tries CYA in the post game pretending he forgot about him, CL SHOULD transfer.
and he probably will because as you stated it is the coach's JOB to create situations and game plans to take advantage of his team's strength & the opponents weakness. ccc does not posses this ability. he is clueless.
Oscar should have had way more than 9 shots against a man shorter and less powerful, yet this clown of a coach did nothing to get him the ball. if you have an advantage.......you use it to your favor

We definitely have too many big men on this roster, but that is one man’s fault. It should be Oscar and one of ware/Collins as his backup at the 5. And it should be Toppin at the 4 with livingston backing him up, or about an even split. Instead we have Oscar, toppin, livingston, ware, Collins, ugonna, and only 80 minutes per game to divvy up. What you get is a coach who doesn’t want to upset anybody and in turn forces guys at positions they have no business playing. It all started in 2015.
which again proves what a clueless clown this alleged coach is

In order for that to happen Cal would have to scrap his offensive set system and simplyfy it and create space for the positionaless guys to create off the bounce and create offense that way. It just cant be done in with the way we crowd the lane with circle cuts etc. You can play 1-4 guys all 6-6 and under if you space the floor and let them use it. You'll get drives and shots from all 4.
that is exactly what a GOOD coach does. he changes things to match his players skill set. not ccc he forces the players to play out of position and NEVER takes advantage of their skills (if they have any). most have no fundamentals at all and struggle to make a simple pass on time, dribble or shoot a free throw. but again, this is what happens when a coach pays attention to rankings only & not ability

Lets not act like Livingston is the 2nd coming of Dr. J.
He had a nice 1st half v KU but he plays way to tight and moves like a robot out there.
He needs to loosen up a bit and get tougher with the basketball. I have seen him stripped driving to the basket more than once.
That said and he is only a Freshman and not all Freshman are one and done. He is making strides and Im proud of him.
Stop with all the transfer garbage.
sure he plays tight, who wouldn't if you knew any mistake or missed shot was going to get you banished to the bench for ccc to "forget"

Assuming we have Cal as coach, and the current class (including Dilly) all join, AND we return Livingston, Fredrick, Onyenso, Theiro, Ware, and Reeves. Then I could see something like:
Wagner & Dillingham about 32min
Livingston & Edwards about 28min
Onyenso about 26min
Reeves about 20min
Bradshaw, Fredrick, Theiro & Sheppard each about 7 min
Ware 4min

The problem I see is the shooting all coming off the bench. Certainly 4 of the 5 starters are capable, but all 4 will be streaky 35% at best.

You're going to be in for a rude awakening this offseason if you think all those guys are returning.

ADVERTISEMENT