ADVERTISEMENT

Chris jones out of his coma yet ?

the last report that i heard said he was stable and improving, but extra precautions were being taken because air trauma injuries can be so unpredictable. our prayers are with him

Originally posted by blubo:
the last report that i heard said he was stable and improving, but extra precautions were being taken because air trauma injuries can be so unpredictable. our prayers are with him
Yes and now able to eat soft food. Rick is hoping for a full recovery.

Thanks for keeping us informed. Inquiring minds want to know !
smile.r191677.gif

Doctors saying, Jones suffered the hardest phantom punch known to man!

This post was edited on 1/3 7:59 PM by true blue1

Guys you can partially thank me - I stared a gofundme account for the guy, bless his heart, and it raised over 100K towards his recovery

Originally posted by Mr Man 921:
Good Lord. Can we move past this?
Can we move past the invention of fire, the Mona Lisa, Moby Dick? Hell no we can't. This was the greatest flop in the history of flopping, and it needs to be immortalized. Don't EVER forget. #L1CJ

Why would we ever want to move past this? It was the worst flop in recorded history. And the constant jaw rubbing even after he knew the refs were looking at the monitor made it even better/worse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think many are missing the hypocrisy of RP. Unlike others on this board I respect him for the time and memories and championships he provided for us.

However, it is inconceivable to me that Ric did not know and condone CJ flopping. He is into too much detail. He knew and should be chastised for this as well.

Originally posted by loucatfan:
I think many are missing the hypocrisy of RP. Unlike others on this board I respect him for the time and memories and championships he provided for us.

However, it is inconceivable to me that Ric did not know and condone CJ flopping. He is into too much detail. He knew and should be chastised for this as well.
You better believe RP condoned the flopping. They were doing it from the opening tip. This game was going to be UL's shining moment. They brought in their celebrity "fan" and outfitted her with some gear for the under 4:00 photo op. As it turned out, not only did they lose the game, MH was held to single digit scoring and the ludicrous flop went viral and made them look like complete fools. Bilas' comments were icing on the cake.

For RP to come out and say he was benching Jones for flopping is beyond ridiculous. Any media member who took that at face value is either corrupt or stupid.

Originally posted by Ugoff:
Originally posted by loucatfan:

You better believe RP condoned the flopping. They were doing it from the opening tip. This game was going to be UL's shining moment. They brought in their celebrity "fan" and outfitted her with some gear for the under 4:00 photo op. As it turned out, not only did they lose the game, MH was held to single digit scoring and the ludicrous flop went viral and made them look like complete fools. Bilas' comments were icing on the cake.

For RP to come out and say he was benching Jones for flopping is beyond ridiculous. Any media member who took that at face value is either corrupt or stupid.
Now, now... Harrell had a septuple single against UK. How many people could have managed that? in fact, he managed to get that against UK where in every other game he wasn't able to accomplish it.

Originally posted by KYBallCoach:
Dan Dakich brought it up today in the OSU and Illini game
during the Florida versus UConn game yesterday they mentioned it after Chiozza did a double flop against Boatwright and the refs fell for it.

Originally posted by Bert Higginbotha:
Originally posted by KYBallCoach:
Dan Dakich brought it up today in the OSU and Illini game
during the Florida versus UConn game yesterday they mentioned it after Chiozza did a double flop against Boatwright and the refs fell for it.
that double flop really ticked me off. After they replayed it like, 15 times, I was like ..... "and .... heerrrrreee's the first head snap ..... then wait for it .... there's the second pussy head flop and - THERE ! He falls down saying 'Look at me official, I can't play basketball so I need to fake flop like the crappy so-called basketball player I am so I can get you to help us out with a foul call' .... jeezuz .....

I was so glad the Gaytors lost after that.

I hear he will be cleared to play against WF today..He was really hurting last game only played 9 min..but the jaw from what i hear is much better now..GL kid..

You're an idiot if you don't believe RP knew about the flopping. Jones got into trouble for other reasons more than likely(even louisville fans were saying something was coming due to his attitude) and Rick saw an opportunity. Blame it on the flop, tell jones you're not going to disclose the "real reason" (YA know, looking out for him) and be able to tell the media that HE did not sanction the bush league BS. It's nothing more than "coach spin". Rick works for louisville it doesn't matter if kentucky fans or the national scene believes it. As long as the media and louisville personnel/fans believe it, that's enoug for Rick. And we all know how easy that is. Just open your mouth Rick, right?

As Goff said, Rick is always about the details. Louisville fans can't fool UK fans on Rick. He was ours before he was theirs. We know him just as well.

If flopping was a "surprise" to Rick (that's basically what he is saying) and he wanted to do something about it Rick would simply shut a practice down and ripem. S

More than a few players flopped and jones didn't even have the worst one, Harrel did. Anytime you dive head first into open space CLEARLY NOT pushed, it's gonna be ridiculous. Harrell actually flopped twice in the game . Rozier was doing a few "stumble" flops dribbling the ball as well.

The TEAM was clearly trying to gain an advantage flopping, and that is coached.

This post was edited on 1/5 1:50 AM by .S&C.

Originally posted by .S&C.:
You're an idiot if you don't believe RP knew about the flopping. Jones got into trouble for other reasons more than likely(even louisville fans were saying something was coming due to his attitude) and Rick saw an opportunity. Blame it on the flop, tell jones you're not going to disclose the "real reason" (YA know, looking out for him) and be able to tell the media that HE did not sanction the bush league BS. It's nothing more than "coach spin
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL]". Rick works for louisville it doesn't matter if kentucky fans or the national scene believes it. As long as the media and louisville personnel/fans believe it, that's enoug for Rick. And we all know how easy that is. Just open your mouth Rick, right?

As Goff said, Rick is always about the details. Louisville fans can't fool UK fans on Rick. He was ours before he was theirs. We know him just as well.

If flopping was a "surprise" to Rick (that's basically what he is saying) and he wanted to do something about it Rick would simply shut a practice down and ripem. S

More than a few players flopped and jones didn't even have the worst one, Harrel did. Anytime you dive head first into open space CLEARLY NOT pushed, it's gonna be ridiculous. Harrell actually flopped twice in the game . Rozier was doing a few "stumble" flops dribbling the ball as well.

The TEAM was clearly trying to gain an advantage flopping, and that is coached.

This post was edited on 1/5 1:50 AM by .S&C.
Excellent take, as usual.

The thing that pisses me off in basketball more than anything is when guards snap their heads back coming around screens trying to draw a foul. Jones and Rozier did that shit every single time they went around a pick, just like Hancock did last year. Just like Tyus Jones at Duke is doing this year. It was blatantly obvious Pitino had them flopping and head snapping and has for years. He cant put a competent offense on the floor anymore and has resorted to hacking and slapping for defense, and flopping for offense trying to take out the other teams best player and send his to the foul line. Its terrible for the game of basketball.

We will see the real floppers at work when they play the Tarholes on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT