ADVERTISEMENT

Chester's call to KSR (long)

Cobb4uk

Junior
Gold Member
May 18, 2019
Benton, ky
Upset because UK doesn't/hasn't promoted our National Championship beating Oklahoma in the Jan 1st 1951 Sugar Bowl. There's nothing at Commonwealth Stadium, KrogerField or C.M.Newton Grounds significant to that effect.

Well here a few reasons why: May of 2017 UK contracted with Kroger for Commonwealth to become Kroger Field. That same day C.M. Newton Field became C.M. Newton Grounds, named for a basketball and baseball player, go figure. I doubt there's another stadium in the SEC named for a basketball player/coach.

Here's a list of our AD's over the years, you'll notice a pattern.
2002-present. Mitch Barnhardt
2000-2002 Larry Ivy
1989-2000 C.M. Newton
1975-1988 Cliff Hagan
1969-1975 Harry Lancaster
1938-1967 Bernie Shively
From 1969-2000 all the AD were Basketball first AD's. Now most can understand why basketball had a larger recruiting budget than football. Finally someone understood where the money cow was a has helped correct things. Whether you like Mitch or not he has to get credit for helping where we presently reside in the realm of FOOTBALL.

Reactions: jnewc2
Bear was always ending up at Bama.

As for the national title I say why not claim it. Anyone could claim a title back then and UKs claim under modern determination of a champ is legit IMO.
Didn't Bear leave UK for Texas A&M? I know he played at Bama. I guess he always wanted the Bama job though.

Reactions: rye48 and rudd1
Oklahoma had already been crowned champs prior to the sugar bowl. Now whether they gave their best effort in the game is disputable, but they were certainly de-incentivized to win it.

In reality, OU, UK, and UT all have legit claims to the championship that season. I feel that history should recognize all three schools as co-champs.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Oklahoma had already been crowned champs prior to the sugar bowl. Now whether they gave their best effort in the game is disputable, but they were certainly de-incentivized to win it.

In reality, OU, UK, and UT all have legit claims to the championship that season. I feel that history should recognize all three schools as co-champs.
It's hard to believe a team with a 31 game winning streak wouldn't be motivated.

Bear was always ending up at Bama.

As for the national title I say why not claim it. Anyone could claim a title back then and UKs claim under modern determination of a champ is legit IMO.
Speaking of Bama and claiming a title... thats what they do. They will go back and look at sagarin rankings in certain years to see if they would of been #1 at years end. Not sure what their official # is but some of their fans claim like 25 titles.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
These stupid £?|<ing scoundrels at the NCAA have ran their act for years. They’ll say “ that’s just how it was done back then “. Also citizens of color couldn’t ride a bus with white folks, or eat or shop where whites only could. But you could give your life for our armed services.

Then these clowns created a corrupt culture that has the appearance of oversight by setting us up with a note saying here’s a very illegal payment as agreed for the illegal payment for your future nba sons services “ in an Emory freight package the 911 terrorist couldn’t slice open, but it popped right open for the people who told the weasel ass ncaa. All 1000$ of it and the note. Boom probation & ncaa tourney bann wins Forfeited and television restrictions. But if you give African American studies not only to football players and basketball players but regular students, it’s not a violation of the NCAA and it’s charter reasons for existing. Nope no problem there.

Of all the protesting I’m saddened their ivory tower wasn’t stormed and canceled. Let South Dakota volleyball drain those bureaucrats pockets.Don’t ride on the backs of false hope and promises to football and basketball players/programs.

Sorry for the super short post but to sum it up,…. They had the #1 ranking and a huge win streak& we beat them, so of course the team we rolled won the title. Yep that’s the calculus those clowns use. F them for their short sited un equal system they upheld. Cats are 51 champs in the real world.

Ask Nick Saban if they were last years champ. He’d be a Fv€|<ing man and say hell no we ain’t. No loosing then saying you won holds a drop of honest credibility to any human being with a functioning brain, but it totally slid right by our great PhD s with an annual payday from the ncaa. 🖕those posers.

Teams claim split titles. No clue why we don't claim it. We certainly should.
When we opened the new football facility, the first thing that greeted you when you walked in was a newly made national championship trophy. We got locked so bad, they replaced it with the Sugar Bowl trophy.

Just a guess but when Barnhardt was hired wonder if it was a changing of the guard from the good ole boys who run UK athletics for decades????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT