ADVERTISEMENT

Checkerboards or no? Vote on the great Kentucky uniform debate.

No. Don’t care for them at all, however, I can live with them as long as we’re winning. We start losing, the uni’s get uglier.

What about these? You still have somewhat of the checkerboard, but very subtle.

6f014b0465dafc5838683350300c2f23--basketball-uniforms-nike-basketball.jpg

Or...

UK-Wildcats-Chrome-Nike-Shorts-620x775.jpg

It's not even just the checkerboards, as bad as they are. Something about the jerseys just looks cheap... like the material. They're just bad uniforms, period.

Reactions: morgousky
It's not even just the checkerboards, as bad as they are. Something about the jerseys just looks cheap... like the material. They're just bad uniforms, period.

Agreed. They look very thin and wrinkle easily. And the home unis use more white and less blue than in the past, which makes them look more like underwear.

That poll is currently at 71 percent "hate" and only 4 percent in favor.

There ain't much doubt where the fan base stands on this issue.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Not sure why this is such a big deal. I like our uniforms but I voted that we do a little less of it as that is how I feel but it is obvious they are hear to stay at least til Nike wants to change it . But regardless UK is lucky as I can tell you the addias stuff for college teams is so ugly.

I have to admit, the uniforms are way down on my list of priorities for UK basketball. If they are UK Blue and White and have Kentucky on them I have no problem. I have a problem when they are gray or black or silver or some other fake UK color. Our colors are Kentucky Blue and White. Period. If a player doesn't want to come to Kentucky because we are Blue and White then that is their loss.

Reactions: susan2361 and UK90
I have to admit, the uniforms are way down on my list of priorities for UK basketball. If they are UK Blue and White and have Kentucky on them I have no problem. I have a problem when they are gray or black or silver or some other fake UK color. Our colors are Kentucky Blue and White. Period. If a player doesn't want to come to Kentucky because we are Blue and White then that is their loss.
Ditto. Uniforms are probably further down on my list than yours.

How many times does this topic have to be regurgitated? I watch UK for the basketball.......not some damn fashion exhibition!
it's not as much about the look and design as it is about the players not liking them. If our players don't like them, then there are recruits that don't like them. And that's the most important thing of all. And if you don't think it matters to recruits what they wear, then you are very old, or extremely conservative. This goes to everyone that doesn't understand the uniform debate. I think most would agree that if 99% of the fans hate a certain look, but the players like it, then we stay with the uniforms.

Reactions: warddr
I don’t think they are the worst I have seen but I think I would prefer something else .

Can't get away from the checkerboard fast enough!! Plus I've noticed that the basketball players have started going back to a shorter pair of short as well as not so baggy

How many times does this topic have to be regurgitated? I watch UK for the basketball.......not some damn fashion exhibition!
Enough times for you to keep replying in these regurgitated threads, I guess.

200.gif

And our basketball team is nowhere near as bad as football. We look absolutely ridiculous in football and yes, other programs make fun of them all the time. Nike needs to keep this ridiculousness to programs like Memphis, play with them not UK.

We should make each individual jersey a slightly different color so that when the team stands together it makes a checkerboard pattern.

That'll be $750k. Thank you.

Reactions: Lexchess
We should make each individual jersey a slightly different color so that when the team stands together it makes a checkerboard pattern.

That'll be $750k. Thank you.

And permanent breast cancer awareness shoes. .

To be honest we shouldn't give NIKE any ideas.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
When we first got the checkerboards I liked the homage to Secretariat. It was a cool thing and we had not done anything with the uniforms to church them up in quite sometime. The problem we are having now is that we are doing too much and at the same time not enough. If we are going to be an Oregon and change the uniforms as much as we do then we need them to be way better than what they are. We need to go retro, black, silver, monochrome, shiny, etc... Or we go the way of Indiana, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Yankees, Red Sox, Celtics, etc... and we wear classic uniforms all the time. Our inbetween is just not good.

All these people saying "who cares?!"

Do you not think Alabama football fans would throw a fit if their uniforms had some hideous Tennessee style checkerboards on them? Do you not think Notre Dame fans would complain if their uniforms constantly changed?

I think part of being a great program is not needing these dumb, gimmicky uniforms.

All these people saying "who cares?!"

Do you not think Alabama football fans would throw a fit if their uniforms had some hideous Tennessee style checkerboards on them? Do you not think Notre Dame fans would complain if their uniforms constantly changed?

I think part of being a great program is not needing these dumb, gimmicky uniforms.
We've had gimmicky uniforms for the better part of 25 years off and on. We gave up traditional uniforms in the CM Newton days. I agree that i would have liked to stick to simple, but this dates back long before the past few years.

BTW, ND was a bad example. They've probably used a dozen different football uniforms over the past 4 or 5 years.

The only uniforms I’ve truly “HATED” were the denim uniforms

I wish they’d put a new/ updated slant on the cat scratch uniforms from the 90’s
My wife got me a pair of blue checkered UK- Nike shorts for Christmas (and a Kentucky John Wall jersey) . Nice quality and they aren’t to bad honestly. I think they look nice enough

I’m always down for a change though

Fanatics has a bunch of cool UK stuff

ADVERTISEMENT