ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Estep...

We'll see ...
Not saying he won't be drafted, I have no idea whether he will or won't, but it will apparently be lower than you indicated. Hope he gets a shot at some point, hope they all do, but baseball draft is a different animal.

Not saying he won't be drafted, I have no idea whether he will or won't, but it will apparently be lower than you indicated. Hope he gets a shot at some point, hope they all do, but baseball draft is a different animal.
Just passing along some info from someone very close to the family.

Reactions: mrschwump
The fifth round is where you see the range of signing bonuses start to widen depending on who's picked. I thought he would likely get picked in the 7-10 range but would be very happy for him if he goes top five rounds. And as a reminder, almost everyone drafted in the top 10 rounds will sign. Using Baseball America's database, I had 308/311 top 10 round picks signing. Of course, last year had the unusual circumstance with Kumar Rocker not signing. Rare for a team not to sign its first pick.

I hope Estep gets drafted by the Reds. I can’t even remember the last time they drafted a player from UK.

I wonder if he’s been talking to the Dodgers. They’ve drafted several guys from UK and UofL these past few years.

Looks like Matt Borne in 1997. They did draft Nick Hanson, a signee in the 2016 class, though his career has never really gotten off the ground.
If I remember right his stock really blew up his senior year of high school but ended up needing Tommy John surgery and hasn’t done much since.

ADVERTISEMENT