Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Charles Matthews ‏@_JustCharles_ 12m12 minutes ago

All it took was some discipline...
1f4aa.png
We put work in @HarrisRob3 ! pic.twitter.com/iqU6Z32mOT

His body type reminds me so much of liggins. Deandre was never a big man by any means but he was as ripped as you could get st hos weight and pound for pound looked like he could take on anyone which is why he never looked to shy away whether he was guarding a guy his size or bigger.

Yeah boy!!!!!!!! I see you C-Dawg. I love the tats too. Its always awesome when we got a bunch of guys with tats. I wish we had 2-3 with solid sleeves.

I admire him for working hard and hitting the weight room. This is something Duke fans should want to see from Ingram.

Charles may surprise us and have a bigger impact than we expected. It looks like the kid is willing to work hard.

Am I blind or does he not really look that different??
His muscles aren't that much bigger (which is fine for a player like him), but he has put on a lot of good weight (look at his waist and upper body), and his chest and shoulders are definitely more filled out and broader.

Dude look at the difference between his back and shoulders. He was in pretty good shape to begin with so that's why at first glance it doesn't look like a significant difference, but he has put on weight while lowering an already very low body fat percentage.

His muscles aren't that much bigger (which is fine for a player like him), but he has put on a lot of good weight (look at his waist and upper body), and his chest and shoulders are definitely more filled out and broader.

Dudes. Look at his shoulders and arms. He's ripped. He's not trying to get bulky. He's trying to be cut. He's looking good.

He doesn't look that different, but there's definitely still a noticeable one, particularly his shoulders. With the equipment UK has, a good diet, and a strong work ethic it's amazing what athlete's can accomplish in a short period these days. Weight lifting can be nullified to extent without the proper diet, something I'm sure the training staff emphasizes in addition to being something a lot of us 50 something's have to pay close attention to.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Guys, as someone who has put in serious work on their physique and has competed at an amateur level in bodybuilding and powerlifting, this is LEGIT.

Charles Matthews is 6'6. To say "he doesn't look much different" when he's got a frame like he has, is really selling him short. Especially in 3 months. You can clearly see more mass and definition in the front delts, lower pecs, traps and lats.

To achieve even 5 lbs of lean mass with the amount of cardio these guys do playing ball, it's impressive.

Lol I was thinking the same thing, a bunch of dudes checking out a kid in his underwear and being overzealous about it. I truly think Matthews will be really good this year and hope that he helps lead this team to 9.

The difference lighting and posture in 2 pics makes it hard to see much of a difference.

Reactions: Uk1111
I think Charles is going to be a pleasant surprise and a major contributor this year. Will be a great 2-3 year guy and our lockdown defender.

If he can refine his outside shot, the sky is the limit for him.

Hopefully, the young man has a huge chip on his shoulder and has a great year.

Yeah boy!!!!!!!! I see you C-Dawg. I love the tats too. Its always awesome when we got a bunch of guys with tats. I wish we had 2-3 with solid sleeves.

Why don't you tell him to get off your lawn too. Tats are part of this generations youth whether you like it or not.

hqdefault.jpg

--I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.
-I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.
--His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.
-He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away.
--He transcends time and space.
-He sickens me.

--I love it.

-Me Too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ia.ukfan
Other than he's flexing and postured wider in the second, I don't see a huge transformation. As long as he feels stronger, it's all good, though.

ADVERTISEMENT