ADVERTISEMENT

Chances we can hold onto more than just Travis Perry out of next year's class?

EastLansingCat

Sophomore
Jan 13, 2009
I honestly have no idea. I have read on here about a couple that will most likely follow Cal to Arkansas but forget who they were.

What do y'all think?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think it’s going to be an uphill battle at best to keep any of them. Most of them were likely committed to Cal as their ticket to the draft more than they were all in on Kentucky as a school. Pope might theoretically have something to offer some of them with his coaching and scheme, but relationships matter a lot in recruiting, and I doubt BYU had even had any contact with the kids we signed, so that’s unfortunately two strikes against him for keeping any of them on board.

We will start finding out probably within the next 72 hours or so. Maybe the ones staying show up tomorrow at Rupp?

I honestly have no idea. I have read on here about a couple that will most likely follow Cal to Arkansas but forget who they were.

What do y'all think?
Well the ones who came here or where coming here because UK was an NBA farm team, really don't want them. Now the ones who most likely would have been 2 plus year players I think there is a shot, hell NIL money just blew the roof off of Rupp so money won't be a problem.

Fans on the Twitter-verse seem to think this dude would look good in blue. Might be a possibility with Cal's guys decommitting.

I’m shocked we haven’t seen any of the recruits flip to Arkansas yet and I’m shocked we’ve seen nothing from DJ, Z and Ugo
I think we start hearing daily commitments to Arkansas Sunday or Monday. Cal likes to make a show of it to keep himself in the news and also will try to overshadow UK hiring a new coach. I hate that I think that way about Cal, but that's what I expect.

There's the two mystery players that Mitch alluded to on KSR yesterday. I'm assuming they're portal guys. Any speculation on who they are?

I think we start hearing daily commitments to Arkansas Sunday or Monday. Cal likes to make a show of it to keep himself in the news and also will try to overshadow UK hiring a new coach. I hate that I think that way about Cal, but that's what I expect.
Who?

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by who recommits to UK, who stays, and who Mark Pope brings in. The NIL money and Pope energy are on the rise!

Reactions: bigbluedon
Not anymore
😂 So we are recruiting guys who have no NBA aspirations? You know Pope put players in the NBA from BYU.Everyone who signs with KY has hopes for NBA, even the Jon Hoods. If you think UK is going to be a bunch of Bobby Perry's, Sheray Thomas, Wheeler, you're going to be sadly disappointed, you don't live in the real World
Not anymore

There's the two mystery players that Mitch alluded to on KSR yesterday. I'm assuming they're portal guys. Any speculation on who they are?
All Mitch said was Pope had heard from 2 guys that wouldn’t come to BYU while he was recruiting them but said they would come to UK. That doesn’t mean they are coming or committed or even any guarantee these mystery 2 are good. He was just using it as a way to say that he thinks Pope will be able to recruit better at UK.

Perry will stay and I hope Richmond stays.I have doubts he will but one can hope.
Let's just have some patience and let him get on the job and acclimated....I'm confident the roster will get filled with coachable talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT