ADVERTISEMENT

Chance Poore

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Haven't heard whether he's returning but saw we just got a transfer K from Fordham and transfers don't expect to sit. I was excited when CP signed but he's never really been counted on for anything other than kickoffs which he's darn good at. Curious with all the problems we had last year (and other years, too) that he hasn't had many opportunities to kick FG or XPs. Must not be very accurate or kick a really low ball is all I can think of.

Haven't heard whether he's returning but saw we just got a transfer K from Fordham and transfers don't expect to sit. I was excited when CP signed but he's never really been counted on for anything other than kickoffs which he's darn good at. Curious with all the problems we had last year (and other years, too) that he hasn't had many opportunities to kick FG or XPs. Must not be very accurate or kick a really low ball is all I can think of.
Poore's returning.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Poore said he was returning for 'unfinished business.' Hopefully he gets a chance to kick field goals. Did the Fordham guy just do kickoffs last year?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I heard today that Poore is coming back to be the Punter?? I don't know how good he could be but Wilson Berry was not bad when Goodfellow got hurt last year so I don't know who should start.

Reactions: Lucas-Schank
Punter? Didn't even know he did that. Maybe he feels like that's his best shot to play at next level? Interesting.

I heard today that Poore is coming back to be the Punter?? I don't know how good he could be but Wilson Berry was not bad when Goodfellow got hurt last year so I don't know who should start.
I think Poore did both in HS. Berry was not good 2 years ago. He doesn’t seem to get much height on his kicks.

seem to be going all out to fix STs vary glade to see that.

I think Poore did both in HS. Berry was not good 2 years ago. He doesn’t seem to get much height on his kicks.
Yeah, Berry was disappointing I thought. Poor hang time and didn't seem to possess that "thunder leg" we've seen from past punters. Wasn't he coming off an injury last year? Think Boulware could be looking at other options.

Yeah, Berry was disappointing I thought. Poor hang time and didn't seem to possess that "thunder leg" we've seen from past punters. Wasn't he coming off an injury last year? Think Boulware could be looking at other options.
I thought he was good, but not great. He averaged over 41ypk, 10%+ inside the 20 with zero touchbacks. I'd like to see accurate hang time stats for context, but that is above avg. Also, his avg was diproportiantley affected by his first two games where he put two 35 yd kicks inside the 20. Look at the last 3 games where he averaged 43 yds(which would have been 5th in SEC). https://ukathletics.com/sports/football/roster/player/wilson-berry/

Berry got hurt and lost his starting job to Goodfellow who turned out to be better than expected. Not sure if Berrys injury impacted the small sample size if kicks we saw when he first got here, but he seemed to do pretty well when pressed into service last year.

We can say one thing. We’ve pretty much always had pretty good punters. All the way back to Paul Calhoun, Andy Smith, Glen Pakulak(sp) Tim Masthay, Matt Pantone. Max Duffy of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT