ADVERTISEMENT

Champions classic tickets

Just got 4 tix as well! Did you guys read the fine print on the email that states that the transaction is more of a request? What are the chances this ‘request’ is approved and that the seats are together??

I just got 4 as well!

So the fine print worries me. Will we know by Monday if the sale went through or not?

I think you’re getting them. Previously they had “requests” in 3 different price ranges. Now just the one. That to me means you’re getting them, there’s just a disclaimer that your seat location is based on priority, but I think your seat is reserved.

I believe I read that they have pulled them back before and also relocated the seating to UK fans.

So I got an email from MSU today thanking me for the purchase I made yesterday. Hopefully that means that the ticket request was accepted.

So I got an email from MSU today thanking me for the purchase I made yesterday. Hopefully that means that the ticket request was accepted.
Got email and purchase showing on bank account. But I believe they can still pull it back. We shall see. Hope not.

Not sure how they would know if you are not a Sparty fan. Re-locating you to a UK section would be odd, even if you show a Kentucky mailing address. That would be assuming quite a bit on their part.
Relocating as in moving you up higher, not to a UK section. That’s what I read from someone who posted previous Champion Classics.

Got email and purchase showing on bank account. But I believe they can still pull it back. We shall see. Hope not.

Tickets go on sale to the general public in about an hour. It would totally suck if the tickets we bought through MSU were pulled back...especially if they do that in a few weeks. Wish I knew for sure so I could try and get some this morning. Any idea when they would pull them for their boosters?

Very frustrating! Sitting at my computer at 9am, and couldn't get a ticket. There were a few available in the Kansas section but there's no way i'm sitting anywhere other than the UK section. I hate Ticketmaster.

Also got on Ticket Master at 9 and found nothing.

Hoping for courtside tickets. Is it better to buy them on resell sites now or wait a bit?

Didn't know if this is the sort of thing where prices quickly go up, or if prices come down as people post more.

For those of us who purchased through MSU.....

I called the MSU Athletics ticket office and they said requests would be given based on donor level and would be contacted in about 2 weeks. This really sucks because hotels in the Indy area are filling up and prices keep going up. I explained to him that it’s really hard to plan a trip with so many unknowns. Kind of in limbo at this point.....

I called the MSU Athletics ticket office and they said requests would be given based on donor level and would be contacted in about 2 weeks. This really sucks because hotels in the Indy area are filling up and prices keep going up. I explained to him that it’s really hard to plan a trip with so many unknowns. Kind of in limbo at this point.....

Ask if you can cancel and go to stub hub.

I bought 4 on the MSU site on 9/27. I spoke with them today. They just received their tickets and will be allotting them this week based on MSU donor points. The guy told me that someone with donor points could order tickets last minute and jump everyone in front of them. There are no guarantees at all and it doesn’t matter how early you bought them.

Tickets go on sale to the general public in about an hour. It would totally suck if the tickets we bought through MSU were pulled back...especially if they do that in a few weeks. Wish I knew for sure so I could try and get some this morning. Any idea when they would pull them for their boosters?
Why would they be pulled back?

I bought 4 on the MSU site on 9/27. I spoke with them today. They just received their tickets and will be allotting them this week based on MSU donor points. The guy told me that someone with donor points could order tickets last minute and jump everyone in front of them. There are no guarantees at all and it doesn’t matter how early you bought them.

Looks like a $50 donation gets you to a ‘Spartan Backer’ level, which gives you special ticket requests. No way in hell I’m donating to MSU athletics without a 100% guarantee on tickets.

https://spartanfund.net/benefits/donor-benefits/

saw 2 blue dots in the 100 section, clicked it and.....

49jedv.gif

Reactions: WeWant9
It’s been like this since 2011...sadly! Once it gets closer to game day, I’ll try and snag a single on Stubhub.

Reactions: Cats192
IDK. Thanks for all the info you've dug for and posted. We shall see but as MSU donors order, I'm afraid non-donors will get bumped in the order they placed they placed their order. Just speculation on my part.

No luck with Ticketmaster this morning either.

Got mine just now from Stubhub (ouch).

Sec 104 Row 1. But couldn’t pass up going since Indy is an easy drive from Louisville and it’s such a huge event.

Looking forward to cheering on the Cats. Don’t really care what fans I’m near, all their tears are going to be delicious when they see how amazing our team is in person.

No luck with Ticketmaster this morning either.

Got mine just now from Stubhub (ouch).

Sec 104 Row 1. But couldn’t pass up going since Indy is an easy drive from Louisville and it’s such a huge event.

Looking forward to cheering on the Cats. Don’t really care what fans I’m near, all their tears are going to be delicious when they see how amazing our team is in person.
Not ready to pay $1K per ticket. I love the Cats, but that is quite pricey. Have fun at the game. My view will be great as well.

Reactions: ukfan041
Not ready to pay $1K per ticket. I love the Cats, but that is quite pricey. Have fun at the game. My view will be great as well.

Definitely understandable.

I'll say this, I went to the Champ Classic in 2011 (NYC) and 2012 (Catlanta) and I feel like tickets were much easier to come by. This year is way different. Not sure what is going on.

Get a refundable hotel room. Most will let you cancel up to 24-48 hours before the event.

We actually booked a room in March (the day after we lost to Kansas State) as we knew we were looking ahead to Duke.

Definitely understandable.

I'll say this, I went to the Champ Classic in 2011 (NYC) and 2012 (Catlanta) and I feel like tickets were much easier to come by. This year is way different. Not sure what is going on.

I think that what is going on is simply that it is Indianapolis. College basketball is so popular here that tickets always seem to be harder to come by than in most cities.

IDK. Thanks for all the info you've dug for and posted. We shall see but as MSU donors order, I'm afraid non-donors will get bumped in the order they placed they placed their order. Just speculation on my part.
Michigan State always has by far the lowest number of fans. Besides that, this is a downish year for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jedwar
ADVERTISEMENT