ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Betting & Poker

I took a blood bath Saturday night. Had a few bad losses. Had friends over, switched from drinking beer to vodka and pineapple juice. Bad idea with a computer at my fingertips. Started chasing games with live betting, and it only got worse. If it had not been for Hawaii (which I bet on line, points scored and 1 half) before the shenanigans began, it would have been a lot worse. I started betting everything I could for Hawaii , they where on a roll.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I took a blood bath Saturday night. Had a few bad losses. Had friends over, switched from drinking beer to vodka and pineapple juice. Bad idea with a computer at my fingertips. Started chasing games with live betting, and it only got worse. If it had not been for Hawaii (which I bet on line, points scored and 1 half) before the shenanigans began, it would have been a lot worse. I started betting everything I could for Hawaii , they where on a roll.

lmao

I think I am going to lay big money on BYE this week vs UK.

All kidding aside, one bright outcome for UK playing this bad, I have made some nice $$ fading them. Hit every bet you could hit for SC. 1st qtr, half, 2nd half, game. All of them. Down 10-0, UK was actually favored 2nd half. LOL, after what i watched the 1st half, I jumped all over that. UK playing so bad might have let to the increased drinking.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Sharp money must've been on Michigan St early because the consensus is tOSU but the line hasn't moved at all on bovada. The Buckeyes have a strong following. Hoping for at least +21 with the juice. That's one I'm watching for this week

Last edited:
I'm kind bummed out because there's just not a lot out there this week. Big Notre Dame spread might be worth watching. Cincinnati vs UCF...Florida vs Auburn - those might be good games but not really worth betting coin on. UConn vs USF - two bad teams. Liberty gave up a touchdown with 40 seconds left last week, lock went from win to push, so I'm not sure about them at NMSU, even though that's another bad team.

What am I missing? I usually only bet weeks 4 - 11. So, six weeks left.

Last edited:
I know Virginia Tech is not very good this year, but Miami laying 2 TD's is a bit much. Leaning Michigan at home laying a FG.

Yeah, I like the Miami vs VaTech matchup, just not the risk. Miami has been too unpredictable.

There's been a lot of money bet on Iowa. They've put up good numbers - advanced stats and ATS. BUT their best win is against Iowa St by a point and Michigan is almost never a short favorite at home. I think that game will be determined by Michigan's ability to run the ball which is the only reason I'm staying away from it.

Last edited:
I'm literally confident in 0 of those games lol

I hear you. I haven't seen any of your games, but not having a QB can obviously be a game changer. That was our problem last year and a big reason we went 2-9. We had some talent at almost every other level, but Nathan Elliott wasn't a D1 QB. It was extremely frustrating to watch.

We're still losing a lot of close ones and Fedora's subpar roster management left us with razor thin depth at some positions but finding a QB has been huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Week 6..as mentioned not a good slate of games this week, so dialing back the action a notch.

Leans:

New Mexico @ SJSU -6.5 (-107)

The Lobos are coming off a rough stretch: loss @ Notre Dame (66-14), shootout win at home over in-state rival NMSU (55-52), loss @ Liberty (17-10) and now a short week trip to SJSU for their conference opener. The Spartans have outperformed against superior competition and should win by at least a touchdown.

Utah St +28 @ LSU (-110)

LSU is still getting healthy and has Florida to deal with next week. I was going to bet the total, but ended up liking Jordan Love and the Aggies as four touchdown underdogs more than the O/U.

I might add something later but no locks this week.

I don't bet more than 20% of my bankroll in one week or on one game. This week I'm betting 1 unit on leans.

Here is my week 5 recap: CFB - Betting Lines/Spreads

Last edited:
Reactions: oddis500
Really not loving that UCs QB just got injured. Hope he can shake it off and it’s just a hard hit

Just bet $8,000 to win $2,000 win on Texas ML -400. If I lose I’ll have $63 in my savings account!
Dang. Going all in. I had a bad beat like that on a -500 a couple years ago. Stayed away from the big singles since.

I typically just bet straight now. About 10% of my weekly bankroll per bet. About 5-10 bets a week and then let the odds come out in the wash for a slower steady build. Only have to win 52-53% ATS to have profit. Then I’ll take all the bets I went w that week and Theo $1-10 on a parlay and $1-10 w a 6 point tease or something.

OK, one of my rare big bets. UAB -10 vs Rice. I may regret this, but I looked this over, under, top to bottom. Rice is horrible. UAB lost at WKU which kind of scares me, but at home, I will lay the 10.

Also played :

UAB team total over 13.5 1st half

W. Michigan / Toledo under 74.5 Lots of public on the over when it was 69-70. Like over 80%.

Looking at W. Michigan +2.5 Joe public all over Toledo. Over 70%

UF over 10.5 total 1st half

Auburn over 12.5 total 1st half.

Will add more later if time permits.

Best of luck to everyone out there today. I've got a couple of 5 and 6 team round robins brewing. I always like to play it safe that way and hedge. Steady profits.

Well dammit, post them, share the wealth / info. Maybe some folks will tail your picks if they are well thought out.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Well Joe, health on the LSU / Nevada. looks like we are on opposite sides again this week. I had the right side with Houston last week, which means you have the right one this week.

Soooo glad I had the bad feeling in my stomach about Florida game. Was literally going to do Auburn and Texas’ moneylines on a two-teamer. Not for $8,000 of course but at least $250-500.
Yeah. I had a weird feeling but I just thought auburn would show up

Reactions: RayBanJames
Week 6 Bets - CFB - Betting Lines/Spreads

Week 6 Results -

Leans:

1U - New Mexico @ SJSU -6.5 (-107) WIN!

The Lobos are coming off a rough stretch: loss @ Notre Dame (66-14), shootout win at home over in-state rival NMSU (55-52), loss @ Liberty (17-10) and now a short week trip to SJSU for their conference opener. The Spartans have outperformed against superior competition and should win by at least a touchdown.

1U - Utah St +28 @ LSU (-110) LOSS

LSU is still getting healthy and has Florida to deal with next week. I was going to bet the total, but ended up liking Jordan Love and the Aggies as four touchdown underdogs more than the O/U.

Added Plays:

0.5U - BC ML @ Louisville +160 LOSS

0.5U - Mich St @ tOSU UN 50.5 (-115) WIN!

0.5U - AZ @ Colorado UN 62.5 (-108) LOSS

0.5U - Troy @ Missouri OV 66 (-105) LOSS

Analysis: Tough week. Stanford game was a missed opportunity. Utah St was a bad pick. Had some bad luck on the added plays with two QBs going down, but that's part of it. On to week 7.

Week W-L: 2-4
Week Total: -1.12 Units
Week ROI: -28.0%

Overall W-L: 15-9; 2 Push
Overall Total: +4.29 Units
Overall ROI: +13.4%

Last edited:
Reactions: RayBanJames
Week 6 Bets - CFB - Betting Lines/Spreads

Week 6 Results -

Leans:

1U - New Mexico @ SJSU -6.5 (-107) WIN!

1U - Utah St +28 @ LSU (-110) LOSS

Added Plays:

0.5U - BC ML @ Louisville +160 LOSS

0.5U - Mich St @ tOSU UN 50.5 (-115) WIN!

0.5U - AZ @ Colorado UN 62.5 (-108) LOSS

0.5U - Troy @ Missouri OV 66 (-105) LOSS

Analysis: Tough week. Stanford game was a missed opportunity. Utah St was a bad pick. Had some bad luck on the added plays with two QBs going down, but that's part of it. On to week 7.

Week W-L: 2-4
Week Total: -1.12 Units
Week ROI: -28.0%

Overall W-L: 15-9; 2 Push
Overall Total: +4.29 Units
Overall ROI: +13.4%
What is the formula to calculate the number of betting combinations for a parlay if you wanted to bet every possible outcome to cover all of them? I get that it doesnt come out profitable, Im just trying to figure out how to calculate the number of individual bets it would take? Say youre doing 6 games all O/U. Would it not just be 12×6? 72 bets?

ADVERTISEMENT