ADVERTISEMENT

Central Michigan names starting QB

I don’t, but I’m sure the UK coaching staff does, at least to a point.
UK DC wants to know :
20160617154407_house_2016_01_bdh.jpg

Who

Cares

Since they are our first opponent, I care. Along with, I'd guess, a majority of the fan base.

The guy is 6'7", which is unusual to see in football players:

https://cmuchippewas.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1927

Seems pretty athletic for that size: "Named the No. 17 recruit in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press … ranked No. 20 in the state on the Lansing State Journal Catch-22 list … Completed 390 of 670 passes for 6,090 yards and threw 58 touchdown passes in career … ran for 3,118 yards on 500 carries and scored 58 touchdowns … named the Michigan Gatoraide Player of the Year in 2015 … earned a spot on the ESPN 300 as a senior …"

He’s 6’7 and mobile. Nick Fitzgerald is a good comparison but this is his first start. UK wins but it’ll be interesting to see how the defense attacks.

I hope we dont jumpstart his Heisman campaign.

Our fortune the past.couple of decades ... this guy gets hurt or ineffective, and the backup comes in and goes for school records. :mad:

This year ... gotta be different. Eventually, the breaks gotta fall in our favor!

CMU is picked last in their conference this fall. Not that pre-season rankings mean anything, but I think the Cats win pretty convincingly.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Not that pre-season rankings mean anything

They don’t.

I doubt many who voted have a clue about what CMU has to replace those lost. Voters see they lost their starting QB, the transfer from the Big House and place their vote.

I'm expecting a play or two where he splits out wide and they throw a pass to him.

The MAC is rolling out a couple big qb’s this year. Buffalos qb is 6’7” as well.

He’s 6’7 and mobile. Nick Fitzgerald is a good comparison but this is his first start. UK wins but it’ll be interesting to see how the defense attacks.
He will run for his life all day. They lost 4 of 5 starters on the OL, most of his good receivers and I doubt seriously that he is even remotely similar to NF in speed, strength or skill. It's a terrible situation for the young QB really.

That's why I said "who cares" earlier. I know we're interested, I just don't think it matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: gobigblue812
He will run for his life all day. They lost 4 of 5 starters on the OL, most of his good receivers and I doubt seriously that he is even remotely similar to NF in speed, strength or skill. It's a terrible situation for the young QB really.

That's why I said "who cares" earlier. I know we're interested, I just don't think it matters.
I remember two seasons ago. We said we would win easily vs. Southern Miss and they came out and smacked us in the mouth. I’m taking any team seriously. UK has started out slow in all of our first games.

I remember two seasons ago. We said we would win easily vs. Southern Miss and they came out and smacked us in the mouth. I’m taking any team seriously. UK has started out slow in all of our first games.
Granted but if that happens this year, I think it will be a very long year.

I'm expecting a similar game as Eastern Michigan last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT