ADVERTISEMENT

Cats @ Vols Official Game Thread

Love the fight. Season changing win? Maybe. Have to play CJ and Reeves together, get them shots and live with it. Let Wallace grow into the point. Let Livingston grow at the 4. Let Oscar be Oscar. Wheeler and Toppin can still help hugely but off the bench. Use Thiero as a Swiss Army knife type guy. Lessons have to be learned from this game or it’s for naught.
Sorry but Wallace is never going to be a PG. Cannot beat his man off the dribble

Thiero needs to play atleast a bit each game. He brings intangibles that no one else has on the team
He just seems to have a smoothness about him. Alex English was smooth but was a super player not saying he is English but smooth like him.

you're gonna keep beating that Wheeler needs to play all the minutes drum

I admire your dedication
It isn't that I think Wheeler is a great guard; I just think he is much better than Wallace. However, I have no issues with playing Reeves or Aduo at the point. Both were much better than Wallace. The best thing that happened to the team today was Wallace's foul trouble.

It isn't that I think Wheeler is a great guard; I just think he is much better than Wallace. However, I have no issues with playing Reeves or Aduo at the point. Both were much better than Wallace. The best thing that happened to the team today was Wallace's foul trouble.
ok, at least we can find middle ground that wheeler needs to be on the bench

I don't care who plays PG as long we have a competitive team

Thiero needs to play atleast a bit each game. He brings intangibles that no one else has on the team
A bit my ass, this kid had tremendous upside and needs to be getting all the playing time he can get. He doesn't hurt us on the court at all.

ok, at least we can find middle ground that wheeler needs to be on the bench

I don't care who plays PG as long we have a competitive team
You couldn't possibly be more correct. With the way we ran our halfcourt offense today, credit the coach, I don't care who runs the point as long as it isn't Wallace. Wallace needs to continue perfecting his 2 guard play and his great on-ball defense. My only other complaint was late in the came when CJ passed on an open 3. He passed the ball to Toppin which nearly caused my head to explode.

I like Thiero right now better than Livingston. Livingston was killing us before that final stretch and Cal finally took him out. He can’t play in these games yet.

18 turnovers and we still won. Zero from Wallace. Who would have thought? Finally something good to celebrate!

Reactions: vernoncoy
Sorry but Wallace is never going to be a PG. Cannot beat his man off the dribble
If the defender is pressing up chest to chest with you as we saw all day it is easy to get around them. He just has to develop the confidence to do that and then the experience to make the right decision once he’s done that.

You couldn't possibly be more correct. With the way we ran our halfcourt offense today, credit the coach, I don't care who runs the point as long as it isn't Wallace. Wallace needs to continue perfecting his 2 guard play and his great on-ball defense. My only other complaint was late in the came when CJ passed on an open 3. He passed the ball to Toppin which nearly caused my head to explode.
as long as its not Wheeler, I don't care either

Cal deserves his compliments today for being willing to change in order to get a victory. He did an excellent job. He didn't go crazy on his players on the bench. He wasn't snatching players out of the game after being on the floor for less than a minute. I just hope in the future he can move away from end-of-the-game stall ball. It just puts too much pressure on a group of guys who are struggling from the lack of confidence.

as long as its not Wheeler, I don't care either
If Cal continues from today being effective against halfcourt defenses, he won't need to play Helter Skelter basketball in the open court which requires a guard like Wheeler. By the way, the team turned the ball over 19 times so lets not act like without Wheeler our turnovers went away. We benefited from some pretty dumb UT coaching today. Without a true guard on the floor, UT should have turned up the heat defensely and they didn't

If Cal continues from today being effective against halfcourt defenses, he won't need to play Helter Skelter basketball in the open court which requires a guard like Wheeler. By the way, the team turned the ball over 19 times so lets not act like without Wheeler our turnovers went away. We benefited from some pretty dumb UT coaching today. Without a true guard on the floor, UT should have turned up the heat defensely and they didn't
we just beat #5 on their home court

we just lost to USC at home

what was the difference in those two games

you really are going to keep beating that drum

The way we have been playing, the refs that was selected for this game, point guard out, TN at the top of their game, one of those things that make you wonder how it could happen. Made my weekend to say the least. Against a team like TN on their floor, early birthday for me!

Nothing but good vibes brother. Who do you like in the late football game tonight?
Yeah man if we can’t joke on here we can’t joke anywher, and selfishly I want the jags to win because of josh Allen, but I got the chargers because I expect Herbert to step up

ADVERTISEMENT