ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Living Rent Free In Gamecocks Heads

Well, thank you. I can live with that! :cool:

Thank you as well, but I am a bit confused about a couple of things in your post.

Regarding SC fan support...you disagree about fan support of SC football? They have averaged about 79,000/game over the past 10 years with a low of 75,369 in 2009, a 7-6 year.

Secondly, other than simply "hated rival" talk I have never really understood the denigration of the UofL game by many UK fans. Sure, conference wins are important but so are rivalry wins. I simply cannot see how playing UofL (last game of the season no less) has any impact on UK winning games in the SEC.

I will note that most in state rivalries are also conference games. In such cases both "competition aspects" are served. If you consider a game against an OOC but in state P5 rival (especially one that has had considerable success the past 20 years or so) as an "everything to lose, nothing to gain" proposition I will not try to change your mind.

But it makes me wonder. Do SC fans feel the same about about playing Clemson? Do FL fans feel the same about playing FSU and Miami? Do GA fans feel the same about playing GA Tech?

Peace

UGA/GT, UK/UL, FSU/UF are all big rivalries with OOC instate P5 schools, but Carolina/Clemson is different or Carolina, maybe not so much or Clemson. Many Carolina fans had rather beat Clemson that win the East, I don't think that's the case with UK, UF and UGA with their instate rivals. That's pretty easy to say now with the way UGA has dominated the series since Paul Johnson arrived at Tech. Most UGA fans don't even have Tech as their biggest rival because it's an expected win, the biggest rival depends on where you live, south Ga, its UF, North Georgia it's UT, west Georgia it's AU and East Georgia is CU/Carolina. All of those schools recruit the state hard and without a good bit of success their programs fall off.

Reactions: SC-Cope
There are a group of people that say they would rather lose them all and beat Clemson every year. I vote for the opposite and win them all but Clemson. Locks in a SECCG appearance and a chance at the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT