ADVERTISEMENT

Can we just go ahead and put Davis in the rafters?

I mean there's probably 5 or 6 guys Cal has recruited and that played one year that deserve to be up there before Prince if we're going on talent. He was a 2 time All-American and SEC POY. That's great. His teams never did much. Cousins, Wall, Randle, Davis, MKG, Fox, Murray, Monk, Towns, Knox, and SGA were probably all better players but they never stuck around.

I'd put Prince, Hayes, and Bogans up and then start on Cal's guys. No telling how long that's gonna take to see happen. Hell, Delk just got put up what... like 4-5 years ago?

It's all arbitrary. If UK starts putting up all guys that just had a good solid career then there's never gonna be enough room and we're never gonna see any of Cal's elite one year players. Just the way it is. Depends on what ya want or who deserves it.

Prince is one for sure, but like someone said I believe there is a 10 year rule,

Reactions: 2Adulterers
I mean there's probably 5 or 6 guys Cal has recruited and that played one year that deserve to be up there before Prince if we're going on talent. He was a 2 time All-American and SEC POY. That's great. His teams never did much. Cousins, Wall, Randle, Davis, MKG, Fox, Murray, Monk, Towns, Knox, and SGA were probably all better players but they never stuck around.

I'd put Prince, Hayes, and Bogans up and then start on Cal's guys. No telling how long that's gonna take to see happen. Hell, Delk just got put up what... like 4-5 years ago?

It's all arbitrary. If UK starts putting up all guys that just had a good solid career then there's never gonna be enough room and we're never gonna see any of Cal's elite one year players. Just the way it is. Depends on what ya want or who deserves it.

You’re crazy Phil. I don’t care about talent. I’ll take Prince over those guys for the rafters any day of the week.

Let's take Pitino's semen stained banner down while we are at it. NOBODY wants to look up at that rag anymore after the shame he has brought on himself. The azzhole flipped off our fans in Rupp.
Jeez....does he have to murder somebody before we yank that thing out of the rafters????

Reactions: KFuqua
Unc just put my jersey from church league in their rafters....I say we add a bunch and also tayshaun not up there is as criminal as the delk waiting as long as he did. I’m crazy and I’m better not hurt me or players I love

Let's take Pitino's semen stained banner down while we are at it. NOBODY wants to look up at that rag anymore after the shame he has brought on himself. The azzhole flipped off our fans in Rupp.
Jeez....does he have to murder somebody before we yank that thing out of the rafters????

Naw, but it should be moved to an appropriate spot. I was think cut up and used for urinal liners.

Need to get a petition started to remove old rp from the rafters.
Start it at blueystone campground in the fall.

Would look good in the Pimptino spot. Take Rick and Farmer down, and put up Cal and AD

Take Pitino down but leave Farmer up. After all Farmer was/is a politician and he only did what all politicians do. Only thing that sticks out is he got caught.

Pitino, on the other hand, is a blight on humanity.

Reactions: floatingyou
Absolutely he belongs.

Horseshit. Rafters induction is based upon accomplishments at UK, not the NBA. And Rondo's UK's resume doesn't even come close to being rafter-worthy.

Rondo was never any sort of All American (not even second or third team), never won any significant national honors, and his teams never reached a final four or did anything of distinction (by UK standards) either.

Last edited:
Reactions: namnik
Horseshit. Rafters induction is based upon a player's accomplishments at UK, not the NBA. And Rondo's UK's resume doesn't even come close to being rafter-worthy.

Rondo was never any sort of All American (not even second or third team), never won any significant national honors, and his teams never reached a final four or did anything of distinction (by UK standards) either.

Potty mouth.:flush:

I liked Prince but why should he be in the ratfers? Dude was a very good college player and solid pro, but is that the standard for the rafters?

I think it would be cool to have one section for guys that turned out in the pros, like rondo (we both know half the reason he didn't at UK was because funny wouldn't allow him to play to his strengths) and one section separated slightly for our UK studs.

Won't happen but it would be cool.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I liked Prince but why should he be in the ratfers? Dude was a very good college player and solid pro, but is that the standard for the rafters?
I’m pretty sure has was a two time all American which automatically gets your jersey retired. Not an all American, you shouldn’t be in the rafters. Prince is very deserving.

Reactions: KFuqua
Horseshit. Rafters induction is based upon a player's accomplishments at UK, not the NBA. And Rondo's UK's resume doesn't even come close to being rafter-worthy.

If we’re going on by what they did at UK Davis should he helped bring in number 8. If we’re taking Pimptino down Farmer should too he was a crook and a big ahold in person!!!!

Reactions: UK90
Unc just put my jersey from church league in their rafters....I say we add a bunch and also tayshaun not up there is as criminal as the delk waiting as long as he did. I’m crazy and I’m better not hurt me or players I love

Has nothing to do with his time at UK. Everyone who won a championship at Kentucky deserves a banner. I'd say the same for Final Four MOPs too.

Rondo stuff is ridiculous. He was handcuffed here but he never did anything to even be in the discussion for a jersey in the rafters.
Bogans and Prince are very similar in production for their resumes to be considered.
Davis deserves it hands down. He accomplished everything you could possibly do in one year. He's the GOAT and he was only at UK for a year. He shouldn't have to wait.

Mercer was an All American in 1997.

I'd say those are four right there.

KY is an elite program and the best in history, it should be difficult to achieve the honor of having your jersey honored in the rafters.

Agree, we aren't UNC putting up a banner for anyone that graduates and can read or for every tournament appearance.

Reactions: 65pacecar
One addition, or rather 8 additions, I would make is next to each championship banner (or maybe across the arena from those) should be a banner for each championship with all of the players names on it.

LIke that, maybe you could add an AA-banner (listing all of our All-American's), if it takes 2-3 ok.

He was never a superstar but 3-time all SEC, one SEC player of the year, 2 time all-American, #8 all time in UK points scored. That’s a rafter-worthy career.

Reactions: JASUN74
Has nothing to do with his time at UK. Everyone who won a championship at Kentucky deserves a banner. I'd say the same for Final Four MOPs too.

Rondo stuff is ridiculous. He was handcuffed here but he never did anything to even be in the discussion for a jersey in the rafters.
Bogans and Prince are very similar in production for their resumes to be considered.
Davis deserves it hands down. He accomplished everything you could possibly do in one year. He's the GOAT and he was only at UK for a year. He shouldn't have to wait.

Mercer was an All American in 1997.

I'd say those are four right there.
Mercer for sure to me goes up. He’ll hang the whole 96 squad. Aaron and Andrew too.

Reactions: floatingyou
If Davis doesn’t deserve to go then no one deserves it IMO.. SEC Player of year, National Player of Year, Olympic Gold medal, National Championship, and number 1 overall pick. How decorated can you get. Plus he’s easily one of the top 3 players to ever play here.

ADVERTISEMENT