ADVERTISEMENT

Can we just go ahead and put Davis in the rafters?

All of people say you have to play four years but given the way the NBA is now, Davis, cousins, wall, and towns all deserve it. Sure the others didn't accomplish what davis did, but all 4 will be HOF players.

Just for shits and giggles, the All-Americans UK has had since Cal took over is impressive.

2010 - John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins
2012 - Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
2014 - Julius Randle
2015 - Willie Cauley-Stein, Karl-Anthony Towns
2016 - Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray
2017 - Malik Monk

that's not bad for a 9 year run. 10 All-Americans in 9 years.

Wall will be very very soon. And Davis right behind him. Boogie possibly same year as Davis. I mean every all American deserves it tbh

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
I like Towns but rafters? Almost every school I think you have to make a all American team and a conference or POY or national POY. Towns was good but I can’t see how he was Rafters good

All of people say you have to play four years but given the way the NBA is now, Davis, cousins, wall, and towns all deserve it. Sure the others didn't accomplish what davis did, but all 4 will be HOF players.

What do you mean?

I mean there's probably 5 or 6 guys Cal has recruited and that played one year that deserve to be up there before Prince if we're going on talent. He was a 2 time All-American and SEC POY. That's great. His teams never did much. Cousins, Wall, Randle, Davis, MKG, Fox, Murray, Monk, Towns, Knox, and SGA were probably all better players but they never stuck around.

I'd put Prince, Hayes, and Bogans up and then start on Cal's guys. No telling how long that's gonna take to see happen. Hell, Delk just got put up what... like 4-5 years ago?

It's all arbitrary. If UK starts putting up all guys that just had a good solid career then there's never gonna be enough room and we're never gonna see any of Cal's elite one year players. Just the way it is. Depends on what ya want or who deserves it.

Putting a player in the rafters isn’t like retiring the number of that player. Meaning the bar should be a little easier to clear. I would put KAT in for what he means to UK in total. People love the kid and he was a great player. That enough for me. Yes to Wall and Boogie too. Only AA’s I question would be Randle and Monk, but maybe need more time

Reactions: nascarforthedead
I love Rondo but how does he belong up there?
Sometimes you just have to take advantage of a whole career. Say Jordan left school before the NC and became what he did, you put him up there because of what it means to be associated with him. Obviously that’s not Rondo, but he is a great pro. I would put Lebron up there just because we made his list.
:)

ADVERTISEMENT