ADVERTISEMENT

Can 1 loss UK make the playoffs??

Clemson may be out of it today - the ACC is weak. A regular season loss will be really bad for them.

That wasn't the question. It's very unlikely that we beat UGA. The question is, if UGA is our only loss, could we make the playoffs. The answer is yes, certainly, but we'd need some help from other conferences.
Agree but that won’t be our only loss. Also the chances of GA losing one is slim. And if it’s not to us then they have to lose two because they would own the tiebreaker.

Agree but that won’t be our only loss. Also the chances of GA losing one is slim. And if it’s not to us then they have to lose two because they would own the tiebreaker.
What would having the tiebreaker over us have to do with it? I'm confused.

Anyone still think UGA is immortal after Kent St. today? They look pretty human to me. Cant wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: stuway
They playoffs are only 4 right now. Not making that
Georgia will be the 1 seed in this discussion. Them holding a tiebreaker is irrelevant. Are we likely to reach the playoffs? No, but that wasn't OP's question. It was "could we with 1 loss" and the answer is yes.

I said I thought Clemson would go undefeated and they almost lost today. Granted it was one of the tougher teams on their schedule.

If we want Bama to have two losses, we probably need one of Arkansas, Ole Miss, or Tennessee to beat them. Arkansas might be most likely. Game is in Fayetteville.

Georgia will be the 1 seed in this discussion. Them holding a tiebreaker is irrelevant. Are we likely to reach the playoffs? No, but that wasn't OP's question. It was "could we with 1 loss" and the answer is yes.
So 3 SEC teams in four team playoff?

Talking with a friend yesterday and wondering. So Bama has a tough stretch of 2 of 3 on the road against Arky, UT and A&M. If Bama losses one regular season game and the SEC Championship to UGA. And we lose one regular season game to UGA and UGA runs the table obviously......does a one loss UK team make the 4 team play off in that scenario??

I know it depends on who is left undefeated. Hoping OSU, Much, PSU all take each other out. But does any other conference have a claim, maybe an undefeated USC LA can get in being undefeated, but if Big ten teams all have a loss and Bama has two and we have one, does UK have a good shot?? I say absolutely

I know we all want and are hung up and an SEC title. But we maybe get to play for a National Title before we get to play for SEC title. Crazy but plausible. So am I right or wrong here??
Are

Are you crazy? This team will be lucky to go 8 and 4.

Lots of IFS in this thread, it's halftime in UK's game. Today we looked like hot garbage, defense looked a step slow, had multiple drops and fumbles. UT's defense is no better than it was last year. UK is playing down to NI level in 1st half. So at this point, kinda useless talking about playoff now.

Lots of IFS in this thread, it's halftime in UK's game. Today we looked like hot garbage, defense looked a step slow, had multiple drops and fumbles. UT's defense is no better than it was last year. UK is playing down to NI level in 1st half. So at this point, kinda useless talking about playoff now.
Absolutely but OP wasn't really talking about the playoffs in that sense. He's simply asking if a 1 loss UK COULD make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT