ADVERTISEMENT

CAM'RON FLETCHER - City of Palms (Dec 2019)

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
(Dec 2019) CAM’RON FLETCHER – Vashon H. S. (St. Louis, MO) – 2019 City of Palms. Committed to UK. 2020 class. 6’8’; 205 lbs; W; Ranked #44, 4-star by 247Sports. Lost to Scotlandville H. S. Baton Rouge, LA) 64-59; Beat Briarcrest H. S. (Eads, TN) 63-60 in his only game where he was impressive and showed energy; Beat Roman Catholic H. S. (Philadelphia, PA) 54-46; Lost to Sanford School (Hockessin, DE) 64-59. For tourney, total points 9-21-16-12. Rebounds 6-10-10-11. FGs 26-53. 3’s 1-11. 4 assists and 8 TO’s. 5 Blks. First, I want to say that Vashon needs a PG and some of the coaching was questionable. I saw Fletcher play last year in the City of Palms when 247Sports had him 100% Missouri lean. January 2019 saw him play 1 game at the Spalding HoopHall Classic where I thought he maybe he was ill. Even though he was impressive at times last year, I was expecting a lot of improvement this year, but was disappointed. For positives, he is athletic and a good leaper. Nice looking J when he shoots in rhythm. Made a nice block of Chandler Kennedy (UK recruit) at a crucial point of the game. My biggest disappointment was his lack of fight. If that doesn’t change next season, he will spend most of his time on Cal’s bench. Hoped he would be a vocal team leader, but Kobe Clark, 6’7” PG/W, is the leader. (Clark made the tourney all-team. Fletcher didn’t.) Fletcher doesn’t move enough on offensive and parks himself in the corners too long even though he and Clark are Vashon’s tallest players. When not in rhythm, Fletcher’s jump shots look terrible as he arches his back on those shots as well as on his free throws (was 3-9 on FT for 4 games – not drawing fouls). Didn’t show an ability to have any one-on-one moves. Even though he ends up with good numbers, if he fought and had more energy his numbers would be off the charts.

ADVERTISEMENT