ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Johnson commits to UNC

Huge get for them.

Is he eligible immediately? If so, makes them a lot better.

According to the article, he has to sit out. Look at it from Pitt's position. Why would you help a conference rival who just won the title. I would be floored it they did so.

Reactions: Cats192
That is a weird choice if he still has to sit out a year... at that rate he'll be 23 and 1/3 years old before he's eligible for the NBA draft. That's ancient in terms of a prospect.

EDIT: well of course he could leave after sitting out a year, but again, what would be the point?

Expect a 'press conference' with selected homers from the media at which a tearful Roy Williams talks about how unfair it is to cheat a young man out of a year of his life just because his dream has always been to wear Carolina Blue. I'd say the odds are better than even that they cheat the system, maybe at the Conference commissioner level, and get him in uniform next year.

Odd decision for someone who has already sat out one season. Makes me think UNC has found a loophole or something so he can play. I will be shocked if he sits out a year.

If it stands and he has to sit out, does he still have two years of eligiblity?

If so he is going to have six years of college completed when he uses up his eligiblity. That's crazy for a non-injured player.

Reactions: TopCatCal
He said Roy told him gen would play next year. It's likely Pitt lifts the restriction and they should. Cam is a grade transfer with good grades, for all the talk about people wanting the kids to be student athletes and do things "for the kids" schools are making millions, NCAA making billions and at every turn they are trying to out some type of ristriction or block them from transferring

If you have to play a former player, WHO CARES. If you have to play against a former coach in a tournament is there a restriction on it? Restriction on coaches coaching some where if they get out of heir contract? Add the pressure Pitt is going to get and how it will affect future recruits I see the restriction getting lifted.

As far as the team, UNC will be good again (like I said last year when many try to act like they would suck because Johnson and Paige graduated)

He said Roy told him gen would play next year. It's likely Pitt lifts the restriction and they should. Cam is a grade transfer with good grades, for all the talk about people wanting the kids to be student athletes and do things "for the kids" schools are making millions, NCAA making billions and at every turn they are trying to out some type of ristriction or block them from transferring

If you have to play a former player, WHO CARES. If you have to play against a former coach in a tournament is there a restriction on it? Restriction on coaches coaching some where if they get out of heir contract? Add the pressure Pitt is going to get and how it will affect future recruits I see the restriction getting lifted.

As far as the team, UNC will be good again (like I said last year when many try to act like they would suck because Johnson and Paige graduated)

Who is going to replace Meeks, Bradley and Hicks? CJ won't help with that. I think people are overreacting to their last two seasons when evaluating next year's team. They lost a lot and are adding 4 yr role players. Not a title contender, IMO.

I would rather fight for a role and be eligible to play on UK's stacked team than sit out a full year at UNC.
I still think if Diallo had left he would been a Cat. That is why he waited and I bet he plays this season too! UNC always gets their way!

I believe the restriction is for ALL employees too and is not so odd. It is not just for athletics.

They won by playing bully ball and their best big is a freshman rated 50ish along with two other sub-150 recruits.

I believe the restriction is for ALL employees too and is not so odd. It is not just for athletics.
Cam Johnson is not an employee. He is a graduate "student"-athlete. If a regular student graduates and wants to take graduate courses at a school within his conference, I don't think there would be a restriction on him. If a teacher left UK and wanted to teach at UF, I don't think there would be a restriction on the teacher. Don't think the teacher would have to sit out a year.

It isn't Pitt's rule he has to set but the conference's.

Not to sure it is a hugh deal for UNCheats, as I am not sure how good this kid is, in spite of the hype. I hope he never plays for the Cheats as I hope the NCAA gives them what they deserve.

I don't blame Pitt. Limiting him to any school not on Pitt's schedule is not a major hit for him. This would leave several title contender schools available. Ky & Arizona would be too competitive a situation so we'll do a media campaign to play next year for a conference opponent. If he's okay with sitting a year than good for him. I would think he'd want to play right away, but maybe he can do more post-grad work this way.

They won by playing bully ball and their best big is a freshman rated 50ish along with two other sub-150 recruits.

Also, outside of Berry, are there any "stars" on that roster? And even Berry didn't go to the draft. When he goes next year, he's probably a second rounder. True, last year many thought they would be down after losing Johnson and Paige, but they still had Jackson and a stud frontline. They lost their entire frontcourt, main shooter/scorer, and senior guard. If CJ is cleared to play, he of course helps them, but I still think it's a stretch to think they will be a true contender.

Who is going to replace Meeks, Bradley and Hicks? CJ won't help with that. I think people are overreacting to their last two seasons when evaluating next year's team. They lost a lot and are adding 4 yr role players. Not a title contender, IMO.

4 yr role players win national titles.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
If he has to sit out for a year, could he have come to Kentucky and red-shirted for the year?

That is a weird choice if he still has to sit out a year... at that rate he'll be 23 and 1/3 years old before he's eligible for the NBA draft. That's ancient in terms of a prospect.

EDIT: well of course he could leave after sitting out a year, but again, what would be the point?

Who in their right mind would leave a school after sitting out without playing a game?!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

UNC starts their decline that leads to the end of Roy starting this year. No more experienced front court for them. Goodbye and good riddance you turdheel fuks

So I guess you're saying that it takes an experienced front court to win titles. Something we don't have. Hmmm, subconscious is a bitch

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
No matter how you slice it, it's a great get for UNC. We boast about a kid (Diallo) who has never played a college minute, can't shoot, and will inevitably wilt away under the intense pressure of the NCAA tournament all the while not having a single teammate to look to for wisdom and experience. Conversely, we poke fun at UNC getting a player with great size, 40%+ from beyond the arc, 3 years of college experience (that means 3 years of weights, practice, road games, and overall maturing). It's incredible how clueless some of you are. Or as I've said.....brainwashed. But hey, Cats will represent on draft night. I've got my calendar marked for that.

Your agenda is really showing dude. Nobody is poking fun at them for getting CJ. Where are you getting this garbage? And you really needed to dump on Diallo to make your case? Oh, right, you were one of the ones bashing him with ZERO information, and guess what, you were wrong. You're pathetic.

No matter how you slice it, it's a great get for UNC. We boast about a kid (Diallo) who has never played a college minute, can't shoot, and will inevitably wilt away under the intense pressure of the NCAA tournament all the while not having a single teammate to look to for wisdom and experience. Conversely, we poke fun at UNC getting a player with great size, 40%+ from beyond the arc, 3 years of college experience (that means 3 years of weights, practice, road games, and overall maturing). It's incredible how clueless some of you are. Or as I've said.....brainwashed. But hey, Cats will represent on draft night. I've got my calendar marked for that.
Nice trashing one of our own players to pump up the cheaters.Please do us all a great favor and go root for them since you obviously hate everything about the Cats.

So I guess you're saying that it takes an experienced front court to win titles. Something we don't have. Hmmm, subconscious is a bitch
no I'm saying Roy Williams cant win without experienced frontcourt players. Never HAS never will. Go checkout his best teams and the frontcourts he had.
Cal can win without veteran frontcourt players. He did with Davis, Jones, and MKG and other teams.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Your agenda is really showing dude. Nobody is poking fun at then for getting CJ. Where are you getting this garbage? And you really needed to dump on Diallo to make your case? Oh, right, you were one of the ones bashing him with ZERO information, and guess what, you were wrong. You're pathetic.

I'm not hiding anything buddy. Glad you caught on. My "agenda" aka opinion, is that you can't win a title without talented experience. UK doesn't have talented experience. Until Cal starts convincing the fringe first round kid to come back (which they should), dont expect any titles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT