ADVERTISEMENT

Cals post game presser...

Clarke/Boston have to quit dribbling everytime they touch it--the ball just stops. It's basketball 101 and they all say the right things and nobody is doing it. If they aren't doing it-then they aren't listening or don't respect who is telling them to do it. If nobody is telling them, then the problem is beyond help.

I agree with this ^^^ . Boston handle with the ball is bad. How many times did he get it taken away from him. Clarke dribbles way to much. This is the worst the offense has looked in years. I was begging someone last night just to drive the lane and get fouled.

Askew the kid should have stayed in HS for another year. He needs to be the back up PG and sit in butt on the bench and learn.

Cal could care less about Ky or its fans. He thinks we are all a bunch of hicks. He is about Cal and his legacy of having the most lottery picks. He has not hidden that fact. He has been open about it since he arrived in 2009.
I will disagree with this. This new persona he's got now is emerging. Seems connected to other things imo.

I heard "Open" and thing about "Open" is when your team can't shoot-the opponent is going to plug things up no matter what you yell/instruct. Also if you are going to run plays-guys have to cut to the ball even when a play isn't designed for them to shoot, they need to care how they play off the ball and need to fight to get it-these guys are so light in the ass right now--a bump and they expect a whistle.

BJ Boston's handle is so shaky--you play him to dribble and it's either an off balanced shot, a turnover from strip, or a bad pass.

Clarke is a ball stopper right now--but he's the best penetrator on the team and he'll give it up. He should play PG at least in the halfcourt and he's one of the only guys on team when UK gets a steal or rebound that he'll throw a hit ahead pass to a teammate without dribbling.
All true but it would be amazing how much all of this got better if Cal would just use spacing a little better to free up drivers. But he has this senseless motion and clogging system that when guys do drive they have 3 sets of hands stripping at the ball on every drive. And these young guys dont realize yet that this will happen to them cause it didnt in high school. Boston and Clark really are good slashers but not in traffic, nobody is.

In todays with so much length and quickness the number one offensive fundamental is spacing. The NBA has figured this out, they space, slash and kick and shoot. Then repeat.

Cal could care less about Ky or its fans. He thinks we are all a bunch of hicks. He is about Cal and his legacy of having the most lottery picks. He has not hidden that fact. He has been open about it since he arrived in 2009.
And yet some pumpers on here like bassfan keep saying it is coach speak. Cal is telling the truth, getting players into the NBA as fast as he can is his priority.

Only the morons. The real fans support the team.

You should just go get it on with you PlayStation.
When it finally hits you between the eyes, your fall is going to be a really hard one.

But don’t worry, those of us that you are chastising, will be here to pick you up.

I don’t understand how you can't see what we're talking about. Are you so far up Cal's ass that you refuse to admit we do have legit points?

It looks to me like you would make a great politician. The other side is wrong… .. because they're on the other side.

Boston is a lottery pick? What has done in 3 games that would even make him a draft pick at all?
Potential and that’s all he needs. What he does in his one year at UK, doesn’t matter, he was always going to be a first rounder because he has great athleticism and measurables. The NBA can turn him into an NBA contributor in short order.
All Cal is doing is preparing him for NBA life and that is the rub.
Bringing in these middle of the road 5* kids makes no sense when you have a young team to mesh them with. They can't take over games, they can't carry you, because they aren't skilled enough. They don’t have that Julius Randal ability to blast through the paint and get buckets over and over.
Cal says he helps these kids reach their dreams. That’s bs, they're going to the NBA no matter where they go to school. So why the hell would you put your program through this hell every year?
Is it to brag about draft picks? That’s what it looks like.

Reactions: UK90
When it finally hits you between the eyes, your fall is going to be a really hard one.

But don’t worry, those of us that you are chastising, will be here to pick you up.

I don’t understand how you can't see what we're talking about. Are you so far up Cal's ass that you refuse to admit we do have legit points?

It looks to me like you would make a great politician. The other side is wrong… .. because they're on the other side.

Its pretty simple. You aren't analyzing the team. They are lacking skills to run what they are doing much less trying something new. These problems are fundamental. The coaches you should be pissed at are the AAU and high school ones. They are learning basketball at this point. You see 5 stars and all you can see are stars. They have been playing in a setting where their individual offensive skills are showcased. Now they are having to learn to play basketball.

You can bitch about Cal. Bottom line, he's not going to change. He's not going to leave. They are not going to make him leave. You can concern yourself about what is needed to get better in this system, find another team to bitch about or just sit and be miserable. That's all the options you have.

Its pretty simple. You aren't analyzing the team. They are lacking skills to run what they are doing much less trying something new. These problems are fundamental. The coaches you should be pissed at are the AAU and high school ones. They are learning basketball at this point. You see 5 stars and all you can see are stars. They have been playing in a setting where their individual offensive skills are showcased. Now they are having to learn to play basketball.

You can bitch about Cal. Bottom line, he's not going to change. He's not going to leave. They are not going to make him leave. You can concern yourself about what is needed to get better in this system, find another team to bitch about or just sit and be miserable. That's all the options you have.
You’re so far off, it’s not even worth explaining it to you.
Go ahead and keep taking shots at the growing number of UK fans that are jumping off the Cal train.
This is not how you manage a program if success is your goal. It’s a constant struggle for everyone involved and the only ones that benefit are the kids that get drafted and Cal's NBA pick numbers.
None if his teams have balance, they're pieced together with whatever parts he manages to get, then he tries to slap his one-size-fits-all approach on them and it's usually a very poor fit.
The guy tried to turn Skal into a back to the basket big man.
I know this hurts you, but it's all true.

Go ahead and keep taking shots at the growing number of UK fans that are jumping off the Cal train.
This is not how you manage a program if success is your goal. It’s a constant struggle for everyone involved and the only ones that benefit are the kids that get drafted and Cal's NBA pick numbers.
None if his teams have balance, they're pieced together with whatever parts he manages to get, then he tries to slap his one-size-fits-all approach on them and it's usually a very poor fit.
I keep thinking about Ulis. 4 star, not very tall, not a insane athlete. But he could shoot the ball and had the basketball IQ of 5 players combined. Cal needs to recruit those types of players. Not saying go out and grab all 5’9” players but get guys who can shoot and play ball. Not just run and jump. Cal is so enamored with getting long guys who can play D but none of them can shoot the ball. Resulting in grind it out games where we lose because we miss 3s and the other team hit 3s at crucial times. Just look at Kansas last night. Look at the auburn game in 2019. Look at the wisconsin game in 2015.

You are talking to a guy that supported Tubby right up to the night Tubby slipped out of town. Ask him, he wont answer, but I know.

Hurts me? ROFLMAO!

I does confirm what I already knew about you. PlayStation!

I keep thinking about Ulis. 4 star, not very tall, not a insane athlete. But he could shoot the ball and had the basketball IQ of 5 players combined. Cal needs to recruit those types of players. Not saying go out and grab all 5’9” players but get guys who can shoot and play ball. Not just run and jump. Cal is so enamored with getting long guys who can play D but none of them can shoot the ball. Resulting in grind it out games where we lose because we miss 3s and the other team hit 3s at crucial times. Just look at Kansas last night. Look at the auburn game in 2019. Look at the wisconsin game in 2015.

Yep - and one of the best games we played while he was here was when Cal was tossed at South Carolina and Ulis basically ran the team.

Then Cal mocked the fans this week.

That was a bad look.

We want to see the team have success, coach. You knew that when you got here. Now you're taking tax-payer money from the same people you're laughing at. That won't help you when you're sitting at 7-5 in late January playing for your life as the SEC unfolds.
great post

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Hurts me? ROFLMAO!

I does confirm what I already knew about you. PlayStation!
I wish I could follow you around, just so I could study you. I've never met anyone so oblivious to the obvious, I need to see how you tick. I'm fascinated.

It would be like that Jane Goodall chick that studied all those monkeys back in the 60's. I would be her, you would be the monkeys.

I wish I could follow you around, just so I could study you. I've never met anyone so oblivious to the obvious, I need to see how you tick. I'm fascinated.

It would be like that Jane Goodall chick that studied all those monkeys back in the 60's. I would be her, you would be the monkeys.

You always seemed a little girly to me. Not that there anything wrong with that. You should embrace you life choices.

Bass is like the idiot that lives with the grizzly bears and thought everything was just fine till the bear ate him.

Always liked your posts Jeff. But if you’re serious about following Bass around, I have second thoughts. I like squirrel and dumplings, but I ain’t following a squirrel packing a bag of flour. I’ll wait until he gets tired and hunts for his nuts, cause I know where they are. Then he’s mine.

Always liked your posts Jeff. But if you’re serious about following Bass around, I have second thoughts. I like squirrel and dumplings, but I ain’t following a squirrel packing a bag of flour. I’ll wait until he gets tired and hunts for his nuts, cause I know where they are. Then he’s mine.
:cry:
LMAO

You are talking to a guy that supported Tubby right up to the night Tubby slipped out of town. Ask him, he wont answer, but I know.

He admitted he liked BCG and supported him all the way up to the chase down the hall way and was sad to see BCG go. The guy is certifiable off his rocker or a rival fan posing...

Reactions: kyjeff1
He admitted he liked BCG and supported him all the way up to the chase down the hall way and was sad to see BCG go. The guy is certifiable off his rocker or a rival fan posing...
Like I said in another post, I want to follow him around and study him. Based on what I know so far, he would be easily controlled.
His boyfriend probably has an allowance account for him and tells him how much he can spend each week.

Because Cal knows they're probably gonna beat him and he wants to sound care free. Nothing bothers Cal, that's what he wants to convey most of all. It's ridiculous.

Barnes was always so shocked Cal liked him so much. He didn't even know him. Cal knew one thing, he wasn't beating Barnes much at UT.

I think it's all an act.
Yup, pure deflection. Cal is a master of deflection. Unfortunately, that shit only flies at UK if you're actually winning. This ain't our first rodeo, although it is disturbing how many UK fans allow Calipari to dictate to them what their expectations for UK basketball should be. NO.

Yup, pure deflection. Cal is a master of deflection. Unfortunately, that shit only flies at UK if you're actually winning. This ain't our first rodeo, although it is disturbing how many UK fans allow Calipari to dictate to them what their expectations for UK basketball should be. NO.
You can’t have a discussion here it seems. Both sides name call. we are all UK fans.

Last year was a final four team, and we're not in drought.....Indiana and Louisville are in a drought.
Losses are going to happen this early without 1 player on the floor from last yr.

Same guys every year show up and post a bunch when we lose, way more than they post when we win. Misery loves company and they find it here.

Kybassfan reminds me of a militant Jesuit priest who tries to save the entire village even when it's clear the plague is going to wipe out everyone. The best move would be to take the able-bodied villagers and lead them to safety.

I admire his commitment, but I question his rationale. This is a case where the whole village can't be saved. Take who you can and live to fight another day.

ADVERTISEMENT