ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's future message to BBN, regarding Sharpe (something like this will be posted after Oscar officially returns).

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
"Big Blue Nation!

How did you like your breakfast last week when Oscar announced that he was returning for another season? I am so thrilled at the chance to coach the National Player of the Year for a second-straight season. We are looking forward to another season where we compete for a national championship.

Speaking of championships, that is what we do here at Kentucky. We chase championships with players who chase their dreams. Part of that process involves the constant influx of great players. We at Kentucky are still committed to being a players first program. That will never change. Part of that means that sometimes we have to get out of our own way and do what's best for the young person we've been entrusted with. Shaedon Sharpe is one such young man. When he committed to our program last Fall, I knew we were dealing with a special young man. He was eager to join our program and fully intended to lead our team in the 2022-2023 season. We agreed that it would be in his best interest to get a jump on that season by coming here in the winter and training with the team. That was always the plan; but you know what, BBN? Sometimes the plans change, especially when it comes to realizing dreams. Shaedon wanted to be here. I wanted him to be here. His family wanted him to be here; but what do you say to a young man whose family has trusted you with their son, when the NBA suddenly tells the kid, 'Hey, we've got a top 10 spot carved out for you. It's right here if you want it.' Would you be able to tell that kid, 'no, it's not happening?' That's not what we're about here at Kentucky. Players trust us, and that's why someone as good as Oscar is coming back next year. He trusts us. He trusts me. Things changed when the NBA came calling, and Shaedon's dream has always been to be a part of the NBA. As much as I would have absolutely loved to coach this young man (and I would have loved to coach him), I can tell you that I support his decision 100%, as I know you would if this was your son who was about to realize his dream. Shaedon's always going to be part of the Kentucky family (#LaFamila) and I know as good as he will be on the court, he'll represent BBN with dignity and class off the court as well.

Now let's get onto the business of chasing championships! Go Big Blue!"

Last edited:
"Big Blue Nation!

How did you like your breakfast last week when Oscar announced that he was returning for another season? I am so thrilled at the chance to coach the National Player of the Year for a second-straight season. We are looking forward to another season where we compete for a national championship.

Speaking of championships, that is what we do here at Kentucky. We chase championships with players who chase their dreams. Part of that process involves the constant influx of great players. We at Kentucky are still committed to being a players first program. That will never change. Part of that means that sometimes we have to get out of our own way and do what's best for the young person we've been entrusted with. Shaedon Sharpe is one such young man. When he committed to our program last Fall, I knew we were dealing with a special young man. He was eager to join our program and fully intended to lead our team in the 2022-2023 season. We agreed that it would be in his best interest to get a jump on that season by coming here in the winter and training with the team. That was always the plan; but you know what, BBN? Sometimes the plans change, especially when it comes to realizing dreams. Shaedon wanted to be here. I wanted him to be here. His family wanted him to be here; but what do you say to a young man whose family has trusted you with their son, when the NBA suddenly tells the kid, 'Hey, we've got a top 10 spot carved out for you. It's right here if you want it.' Would you be able to tell that kid, 'no, it's not happening?' That's not what we're about here at Kentucky. Players trust us, and that's why someone as good as Oscar is coming back next year. He trusts us. He trusts me. Things changed when the NBA came calling, and Shaedon's dream has always been to be a part of the NBA. As much as I would have absolutely loved to coach this young man (and I would have loved to coach him), I can tell you that I support his decision 100%, as I know you would if this was your son who was about to realize his dream. Shaedon's always going to be part of the Kentucky family (#LaFamila) and I know as good as he will be on the court, he'll represent BBN with dignity and class off the court as well.

Did you write that for the team? I swear it will be just like this too.

"Big Blue Nation!

You should take some time off from posting!

ADVERTISEMENT