ADVERTISEMENT

Calling legal beagle and deplion

Good points in here. The one thing I see is Cal loves uber athletes who may not necessarily be great basketball players. At least the past few years. You can’t have five starters like that. It will eventually catch up with you.
It caught up with Cal years ago, but he's so intoxicated by the NBA draft, that he refuses to let it go.

The worst part of all of this is, the NBA drafts on potential, so you can stink it up in college and still get a first round pick. That's where we're at right now. UK is sacrificing quite a bit here. Ugly basketball early with bad losses, then we get bounced in the tournament and everyone leaves.

Thank god for the transfer portal, but it's still an entirely new team that needs a season to mesh. This just isn't what you do when your goal is final fours and titles. It's silly.

I wonder why are draft picks so important to Cal? I would get more thrill out of getting 3 and 4 star kids into the NBA than these 5 star kids that were going there anyway.

Well I will enlighten you. In South Central Kentucky, what you call a rail, we called them tier poles.

“Frog, when you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you are standing in as to how dumb you are”
Bert Reynolds
Smokey and the bandit.
Yep...see my earlier post acknowledging the same. In central central kentucky, we use both terms

Reactions: KyFaninNC
You know, I'm fine with those guys being one and done. They should go, they're lottery picks. It's all the 2bd rounders, G-leaguers and transfers that keft us high and dry for nothing.

I understand why there have been so many transfers th0ugh, I don't blame them. Cal treats non draft picks like shit and recruits over them, which is part of the problem.
It's most of the problem...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Well I will enlighten you. In South Central Kentucky, what you call a rail, we called them tier poles.

“Frog, when you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you are standing in as to how dumb you are”
Bert Reynolds
Smokey and the bandit.
Actually, there was a difference between the two, now that I'm thinking on it. Tier rails were found in the newer, better barns that I hung in. These were 4x4 lumbered rails that were square and solid. Tier poles were in the older barns and were poles that had been cut from the tops of trees/saplings. If you weren't real careful w/ the tier poles that weren't tied down good, they'd role on you and throw your ass outta the top of the barn.

Actually, there was a difference between the two, now that I'm thinking on it. Tier rails were found in the newer, better barns that I hung in. These were 4x4 lumbered rails that were square and solid. Tier poles were in the older barns and were poles that had been cut from the tops of trees/saplings. If you weren't real careful w/ the tier poles that weren't tied down good, they'd role on you and throw your ass outta the top of the barn.
Yes they would. I know several men that happend to.

We called them tier poles, and I've never heard them called rails either.
Hell I know what he/she meant. Also know from past posts he/she is full of shit. The kind that knows more than you regardless of the topic. Well, in this case, they don’t, and I’m gonna make damn sure they know it. Baller wants to be a bully, but lacks the brain and balls.

ADVERTISEMENT