ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari will wear Brown Suit Saturday night

I think he should wear something from each coach. Lol
This thread could really pick up some steam.....

Show me where anyone has said he’s wearing a brown suit, don’t change the subject. I’ll wait.

I don't care if he wears a purple suit. He ain't going to Texas. Great screen name. 😂. See ya bud.

Also, I heard he was wearing a burnt orange suit with double middle fingers on the back Saturday. Should be quite the spectacle.

Last edited:
Agree 1000% and you bet I remember and I will NEVER FORGET. If it wasn’t for Luther Deaton and Central
Bank Rupp may not be on the building today.

The only thing I have been more offended by that UK not placing Mike Pratt’s jersey in the rafters before he was detected with cancer 3 years ago was Calapari’s handling of all that surrounded the Coach Rupp discussion
In 2020.
1000% agree on both points! Especially on the point about Pratt. If anything Calipari should have been leading the charge to get Pratt's jersey in the rafters.
If Calipari wants to wear a brown suit, great. He and just about every UK coach have worn a brown suit at some point to honor Rupp. But, only one defended the idea that Rupp Arena be renamed.
One thing is certain, Calipari will NEVER be Rupp.

No complaints, I think it’s great that he will finally wear a color that matches the job he has done here.
Reminds me of that old joke about the ship captain leading his men. Not sure if I can do it justice but something like this. . .

Captain gets word there's a Pirate ship headed their way and his men got worried. To calm them he says "Bring me my Red Shirt". And they do battle with some casualties but survive. Next day he gets word there are Two Pirate ships coming and again asks for his Red Shirt for battle and again they surive but with more casualities.

That night the men ask him why he asked for a Red Shirt each time and he says because he didnt want the men to see his wounds from battle and so that they would fight on bravely with him.

Next night he gets word that there are now 10 Pirate ships headed their way so after a long pause he says . . . "Bring me my Brown Pants!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: catzcan and kyjeff1
It's called humor! You know a joke! Someone doesn't have a sense of humor, that's on you, let's leave it at that!
I have a great sense of humor, I just believe there's a time for humor and a time for respect as in honoring the memory of the coach that put the state of Ky. on the map.
Respectfully yours,
Tim

The brown suit thing reminds me of the old joke where the punchline was "bring me my brown pants."

He needs to wear a suit because he is coaching like crap with his gym clothes on. Wearing a suit should be standard attire at Kentucky; especially big games like the one tonight against Kansas.

Reactions: ukjenning44
ADVERTISEMENT