ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari will not play Sharpe this season

Dozens of people have said this in scores of threads since the day it was revealed he was coming to Lexington this year. It is discussed in a thread started a couple of hours ago about five slots down from the top.

But congratulations to you.
I appreciate your accolades.

Thank you. I only used that to emphasize what we already know will be true. Not that we “need” him this year but Cal is already dropping hints he won’t play him.
His comments could go either way. Cal said there is no plan to play him, but the team will just have to wait and see.

He's keeping his options open. So would I if I had a player who could take my team to the next level.

Last edited:
Thank you. I only used that to emphasize what we already know will be true. Not that we “need” him this year but Cal is already dropping hints he won’t play him.
What hints has he dropped? In the last video, he didn't given any definitive answer. Said something to the effect that the plan wasn't that he would play this year but we'll see what kind of shape he is in. That, to me, certainly leaves the door open.

What hints has he dropped? In the last video, he didn't given any definitive answer. Said something to the effect that the plan wasn't that he would play this year but we'll see what kind of shape he is in. That, to me, certainly leaves the door open.
OP seems hopeful that we won't have the top high school player on the roster, which is a strange take. I always thought the point of each roster was to accumulate as much talent as possible.

I still put it at a coin flip.

I don't think BBN would forgive Calipari if the kid sat out this spring and ended up jumping ship for overseas or G-League this summer.

I actually still think he plays. You don't sit Kobe, even if he's a rookie.
Kobe actually had to earn his role in his rookie season. Averaged less than 16 minutes a game with 7 points and ended up starting in 6 games. I think Sharpe will have to do the same. Cal has already said "let's get him in shape first and go from there." Sharpe will also make more money at UK then he will overseas or in the G-League and is too young to be drafted this year if I remember correctly. Already has a deal with the Porsche dealership that Tyty and Josh Paschal have.

Timeshifted to the future and saw where he didn't earn any minutes in practice because he didnt - or couldnt ( I'm sure we're debating this on the Rafters bigtime by then) outwork any of the other 10 ? or more ? To earn any play time whatsoever?

And the kid is rated #1 ?
wow !

the future must be bright if we're THAT good?

How'd the title game go?

j/k - I had to pull your chain a little.

I say let the young man prove himself and see where he fits in.

But that would be the second captain obvious statement I've made this week.

OP how bout putting I think blah blah blah instead of baiting people with a non factual thread.

Congratulations I just named my septic tank after you. It should go hand in hand considering you both full of $##%

I still put it at a coin flip.

I don't think BBN would forgive Calipari if the kid sat out this spring and ended up jumping ship for overseas or G-League this summer.

I actually still think he plays. You don't sit Kobe, even if he's a rookie.
Eddie George started over rookie Kobe

*edit - Eddie Jones, not Eddie George. I'm an idiot

Last edited:
IMO(just showing that a poster can actually add that to the title of their thread), Sharpe will play when Cal feels he's ready, which will most likely be the END OFTHIS season. The kid is too talented not to be used when he has practiced enough with the rest of his teammates.

His comments could go either way. Cal said there is no plan to play him, but the team will just have to wait and see.

He's keeping his options open. So would I if I had a player who could take my team to the next level.
Cal will probably do the smart thing and see how well conditioned he is, how he interacts and plays with the team, and how fast he picks up the offense, but especially defense at this level. If he likes what he sees and Sharpe wants to play he will. Of Sharpe doesn’t want to play he won’t.

Reactions: catben
If Sharpe shows in practice that he is what we think/hope he is, I see no reason why he couldn't at the very least follow the Ron Mercer blueprint for the remainder of this season. Play a supporting role, come off the bench, develop his game and acclimate to D-1 college basketball, and possibly end up playing a major role in this team's destiny come tournament time. I mean, if he is DEFINITELY playing next year anyway, why not at least have him on the bench and available for the remainder of this season too?

I said this a month ago and I’ll say it now. He will not play him.
1244741954750.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: mcwildcats04
OP seems hopeful that we won't have the top high school player on the roster, which is a strange take. I always thought the point of each roster was to accumulate as much talent as possible.
Wrong take dude. I want him on our team, we need him playing this year. We need to go to a 3 guard lineup with two guys outside that can shoot consistently. Grady is one, nobody else, not even Washington, has been consistent. Hell yes I want him playing.

Sharpe Sharpe Sharpe

Sharpe Sharpe Sharpe

Sharpe Sharpe Sharpe

Seriously folks...focus on what we have right now...

I've said it last month and I'll say it again, tomorrow is the 4th of the month

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT